Amp for Bose AE2
Aug 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kyoshin

New Head-Fier
Hi,

After looking for a decent headphone I bought the Bose AE2. Yes, Bose, now ****. I'm happy about the headphone. I doubted between the B&W P5, the Bose and the Shure 840. The Shure was to big for walking around campus, the P5 didn't sounded wow for that price and the Bose sounded oké. But the bass.. It's missing that little extra punch, so now I'm looking for a amp.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 7
I doubt an amp will help at all. Sort of goes to show that Bose doesn't even publish impedance or sensitivity specs in the manual.

Either use your player's EQ to pump up the bass around 100Hz, or get something cheap with a bass boost.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The Fiio is any good? It's kinda cheap, just €17 euro's on eBay. I'm using it mainly with the iPhone, so there isn't a decent EQ.. Thanks already!

Yes, it should be fine.  You can always chip out a few more extra cash and get either the E7 or the E17.  Reason being is because they have an integrated DAC, which could (and would) make everything sound clear. 

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 7
I just got the PA2V2 from Gary today! I was skeptic about the sound quality improvement after reading some feedbacks online from possible none BOSE owner but it actually turn out to awesome! There is a great improvement on the bass response and volume specially when I used the Fiio L3 LOD cable to feed in to the amp. 

set up:
AE2, iphone, pa2v2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back