Amp for Blackberry 8530 = lipstick on a pig?
Jan 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hanzo

Head-Fier
Hi all,

So I have the Curve above, a beloved pair of UM2s, and a now broken iPod Touch.  The Curve, well, sucks SQ wise.  It pops, has a very high noise floor, and sounds generally yukky and compressed. Highs are harsh, lows are somewhere I have not yet found, etc, etc. It is, however, what I have, and has the massive advantage of being 'one machine to rule them all' instead of carrying an iPod and phone.

To my question to you fine peeps:  If a guy were to hook a modest amp to this thing (iBasso T3 pops to mind), will it really do anything to help me?  Or is this back to the old adage of 'Garbage In Garbage Out'.  I know the pops will get amp'd.  Will the noise floor be better?  SQ generally?

And to anyone who may have actually used them, would the GalaxyS or Evo be any better?  I really want a nice Android machine, but if the SQ still blows, it is a bit of a deal killer.  At that point I would be more likely to purchase an iPod of some sort.  I have to stay with Sprint for reasons I will not get in to here, so iPhone is off the table.

Thanks in advance for weighing in.

-Hanzo

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump - I have been reading luke warm reviews of the other phones as DAPs, but still have not found anyone who has tried amping a blackberry or other sucky source.

Nobody tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back