Amp for Atrio M5s
Jan 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mcspectre

Head-Fier
I had a Fiio 5 but ended up giving it to my nephew. I found that it did add a bit of improvement to the Atrio M5s but not too much out of my ipod.

I was wondering if any lower end (100$ max) amps could add to the SQ of these phones out of an ipod? Or is it not even worth it? These phones are killer btw!

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 5
spend a lil bit more and get the nuforce icon. I have both the E5 and the nuforce. Trust me, the e5 is sitting in my back collecting dust as a back up. haha

I'm also using the Atrios and i realise the Fiio's bass-boost is a lil overkill. the nuforce doesnt have as much of a bass boost as compared to the E5 but this works perfectly with the Atrios, which are already very boomy.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 5
It has been a little while, but back when I had an M5 I bought a HEADSIX for it and didn't really notice much change in the sound.

Sep 4, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 5
bumping an old thread as I've got a related question..

I have a pair of Atrio M5s with a Fiio E3, looking to either upgrade the phones or the amp..

Which portable amp is recommended if I listen to typically listen to pop, rock, and hip hop?  

Or should I just save the money and get better phones?

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 5
if you have money get the sr71a. Otherwise, anything around 100 does not do atrios any justice. Except maybe e5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back