Amp for Alpha Prime
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #31 of 37
Has anyone ever tried to feed the power hungry primes with the Emotiva mini-X A-100? I currently use micro-idsd with acceptable results, but i am curious about the advantages of using this speaker amp instead, due to the hefty power-up.

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #32 of 37
Has anyone ever tried to feed the power hungry primes with the Emotiva mini-X A-100? I currently use micro-idsd with acceptable results, but i am curious about the advantages of using this speaker amp instead, due to the hefty power-up.

I honestly have no idea what that amp is but if you have it I would be curious as to what you find if you decide to get a cable with a speaker termination.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #33 of 37
Alo Rx Mk 3B+ and cypher labs algorhythm solo db 

I love the combo, provide very fun sounding to the Alpha Prime, I think its more fun sounding than the Chord Hugo. 

not trying to sell my product but I am selling the combo, I just used the Hugo more now. If you are interested give me a holla.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #34 of 37
I have been using my Desktop O2/ODAC (Rev B.) from Mayflower Electronics to power my Alpha Primes for a few weeks now... About 30%-35% volume (without gain) gives me a pretty comfortable listening experience ... Granted, the O2/ODAC is the only headphone amplifier that I currently own so I really don't have much to compare to... Regardless, this $300(ish) setup meets my needs pretty well...

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #36 of 37
  Hey-

Can anyone recommend good portable dac/amps or amps to power the Primes? I just bought another Prime after selling it last month.

Thanks,
Joe

i have the Alpha Dogs and the Fostex T50RP MK3 and main amp is Violectric Audio HPA V90 with a schiit modi. However, when i want to take either for a run around the house or use on my phone or tablets I have the Creative E5 and it fires up both rather well. Sound quality is good and plenty of headroom. I also just ordered an ifi IDSD and it should be here next week. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #37 of 37

i have the magni 2 uber and modi 2 uber (mm going forward) with the alpha prime...

...so there's my very random impressions of the magni 2 uber/modi 2 uber stack with the alpha prime. for $300 you really wont beat it for a hard to drive headphone like the prime. there's power and clarity in excess on tap.

Thanks for this. I have an MM 2 Uber stack sitting on my desk unopened and I was wondering if I should return and get something beefier for Alpha Primes. Think I'll stick to the MM2u stack for now. For one thing, size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back