AMP/DAC for DT 990 pro 250 ohm
Feb 24, 2019 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sanderr2002

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I just bought the Beyerdynamic DT990 pro (250 ohms).
I don't know what AMP/DAC combo I should get. Everyone is telling me something else.
My budget is 100 euros and I live in the Netherlands. A lot of budget amp/DAC's aren't sold over here.

Maybe the Fiio E10k or the SMSL M3?
I can get the Fiio from a Dutch company, so I would prefer those if they output enough power.
The SMSL M3 is sold on amazon.de with prime shipping.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 11
Fellow Dutchman here looking at the exact same things. But haven't bought the 990's yet, not 100% sure if I want those or the Fidelio X2HR's. Let me know how you like the 990's :wink: (ps; did you get the black one?)

In my quest for a combo something that was recommended to me as well was the Schiit Magni 3, slightly over budget but apparently an often recommended one.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 11
Fellow Dutchman here looking at the exact same things. But haven't bought the 990's yet, not 100% sure if I want those or the Fidelio X2HR's. Let me know how you like the 990's :wink: (ps; did you get the black one?)

In my quest for a combo something that was recommended to me as well was the Schiit Magni 3, slightly over budget but apparently an often recommended one.
I bought it from an Dutch company and they didn't have the black version. Also prefer the coiled cord over the straight cord on the black edition.

Shiit isn't sold in the Netherlands or on Amazon.de or did you find it somewhere?

I don't care if I go a bit over my budget.. If it's worth it.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 11
Feb 26, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 11

I ordered the DT 990 pro and the E10k. They will be delivered tomorrow. I'll keep you updated!

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 11
The Fiio E10k has more power. Its power output is the same as the balanced port on the K3. I will be using the not balanced port with my DT 990 pro.
The not balanced port has like half the power output. This won't be enough to drive the DT 990 pro 250ohm.

Indeed. Don't know then from where I remembered likw the E10k has less power. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back