Amp and Dac recommendation for my headphone collection
Sep 14, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #31 of 40
Sep 18, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #32 of 40
Still need some advice on in the endgame dac. Any thoughts?

Oct 1, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #33 of 40
Guys I just got a denafrips terminator + HE9 and I am trying to optimize the sound. It sounds good out of the front of my desktop with usb but I have a feeling it can sound much better. I want to use my pc to control my music and if possible stick to foobar wasapi if I can. But I am willing to use other desktop software to control an external device.
These are the options:

Do you recommend any of the following:

1) iusb3.0 + igalvanic3.0
2) Singxer SU-1
3) Schiit eitr

Or totally separate devices

1) Aurender streamer
2) ultrarendu
3) Sotm sMS-200 Ultra

Which direction would you go?

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #34 of 40
Guys I just got a denafrips terminator + HE9 and I am trying to optimize the sound. It sounds good out of the front of my desktop with usb but I have a feeling it can sound much better. I want to use my pc to control my music and if possible stick to foobar wasapi if I can. But I am willing to use other desktop software to control an external device.
These are the options:

Do you recommend any of the following:

1) iusb3.0 + igalvanic3.0
2) Singxer SU-1
3) Schiit eitr

Or totally separate devices

1) Aurender streamer
2) ultrarendu
3) Sotm sMS-200 Ultra

Which direction would you go?

I'm gonna be honest none of this will make a substantial difference. If you aren't 100% happy you should reconsider your gear rather than these kind of gimmick tweaks.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #35 of 40
I'm gonna be honest none of this will make a substantial difference. If you aren't 100% happy you should reconsider your gear rather than these kind of gimmick tweaks.

Yep, the Terminator already does what the Singxer SU-1 does. Similar hardware doing the same thing.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #36 of 40

Fair enough. But just putting on an ipurifier 2 that I had from another deal my thoughts:

"Just comparing numerous times (ipurifier 2 vs none, the whole time using mercury 3.0 cable) Nicholas gunn - Verbena Haven, especially the intro my ipurifier 2 gives a clear substantial boost in performance, probably at least 10%. The background is blacker, there is an expansion of the soundstage especially in the depth... microdetails are more clear. I am impressed so far!"

So you think having a network player as oppose to just a desktop with a usb wire will make no difference?

I am impressed with the stack for sure, its a solid step above the HDV but I have a feeling it can do more with a better source or usb optimization. My ipurifier 2 confirms this to my ears.

Oct 7, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #37 of 40
Fair enough. But just putting on an ipurifier 2 that I had from another deal my thoughts:

"Just comparing numerous times (ipurifier 2 vs none, the whole time using mercury 3.0 cable) Nicholas gunn - Verbena Haven, especially the intro my ipurifier 2 gives a clear substantial boost in performance, probably at least 10%. The background is blacker, there is an expansion of the soundstage especially in the depth... microdetails are more clear. I am impressed so far!"

So you think having a network player as oppose to just a desktop with a usb wire will make no difference?

I am impressed with the stack for sure, its a solid step above the HDV but I have a feeling it can do more with a better source or usb optimization. My ipurifier 2 confirms this to my ears.
What cables do you use between the amp and dac? Maybe you can do an uppgrade there.

Oct 7, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #38 of 40
Oct 8, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #39 of 40
Oct 8, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #40 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back