Courageous political statement dude. Have at it.
Is it really "political" to state the obvious when it comes to large monopolistic organizations or artist compensation? If it is, then I guess I don't know what "political" really means anymore.
In any case, here's some notes I took regarding the Amazon Music HD app on Windows 10:
- The Home page in general is very well organized, putting items related to your listening patterns first, then promoting other items further down the page
- The "You Might Like" section on the Home page appears to work very well - good algorithm
- Great song / album selection for someone who likes alternative rock, progressive rock, jazz, etc.
- Good number of Ultra HD tracks and full albums
- 32-bit application only, no 64-bit version (why?)
- Song (now playing) view doesn't give any track details such as HD / Ultra HD; bit depth, sample rate, etc.
- Inconsistent UI elements, nit picking here but I work in IT so I'm a bit critical of such things
- Exclusive mode doesn't set (pass through to) DAC to sample rate / bit depth
- Pages with filters don't remember your previous filter settings after navigating to other pages and back again
- The app doesn't preserve any state between sessions (close and re-open later), such as output device selection, song queue, now playing, etc.