Amazon Etailer sent me wrong DT880s...
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Mullet

1000+ Head-Fier
I got the DT880 Pro 250ohm, but was expecting the non pro 250ohm version. Should I keep them or make a big stink and have the e-tailer send me the right pair? I'm open to any convincing arguments that sway me to shrug it off and keep 'em. What would be the benefits of keeping the pro version over the regular version?

Ready! Aim! Fire!

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 24
Listen to them.  Do you like them?  Then go from there. 
smile_phones.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 24
I'm sure if they sound the same as the regular 2005 version and the only difference is that that headband grip is tighter then I'll be fine with my purchase. You never know which you'll like more unless you try both. WTH I'll just crack open the box and give them a whirl.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 24
you might them more!

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 24
I think me meant that "I might like them more" How can you tell if you can't really compare the two? All I can really say is that they are pretty tight on my head and if I keep them I'm going to have to bend the band a little bit to ease up on the monster grip these cans have on my dome.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #9 of 24
Same here, I just bought the DT880's Pro 600ohm at a local store as It was having a prom with an amp, if there wasn't a promo I would have gotten the non-Pro version.

The grip on the Pro's are very tight and in my opinion the non-Pro's look better and non-coiled cable is a plus.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 24
EDIT: Somehow I totally misread your post. Early morning syndrome, it seems.

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #11 of 24
haha wow. thats what i get for not paying attention. you might like them more**

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 24
The DT880pro and the DT880consumer sound the same. The differences are as follows:
DT880 pro has slightly more clamp force
DT880consumer has shiny badges saying "DT880" where the DT880pro has this painted on.

On that note, If the description in the add was for the consumer version I would probably call and complain. Despite the fact that they sound the same it is harder to sell DT880pro than DT880consumer second hand.

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 24
My impression, for the DT770 Pro's anyway, is that since the clamping force is higher, the bass response is increased too?

I think the bass on the DT880/250's is very well balanced as-is.  I'd be concerned that it might be too boosted for the Pros.

??

And if the clamping force is higher, they might not be as comfortable over long listening sessions as the "std" model.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #14 of 24
nikongod - Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards -- letting them know I'm not 5 star satisfied. The coiled up cable is nice though. I do have a few days to think about this.

Regarding selling the Pro version vs. Consumer version via Head-Fi... People are really that averse the Pro version and its "clampiness"? or is it the pigtail cable people don't like? 

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
nikongod - Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards -- letting them know I'm not 5 star satisfied. The coiled up cable is nice though. I do have a few days to think about this.

Regarding selling the Pro version vs. Consumer version via Head-Fi... People are really that averse the Pro version and its "clampiness"? or is it the pigtail cable people don't like? 

I think its that people dont know that they are basically the same. 

IMO the clamp was not too bad. Its nothing compared to sennheiser HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back