Amazingly cheap telephone service
Mar 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spam?

Considering how long the OP has been here and all, I doubt it...but it's just the way the OP says it, and the cluttered web page itself that makes this seem so unappealing.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 21
Not spam. I've been a member of headfi for years and years, and there's nothing in it for me by disseminating this info. It's just that this damn thing works, and I'm satisfied with it so far. Try it. You may like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spam?

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 21
I have Magic Jack, $20 a year, it works fine.
It saves a lot of money if you use it overseas, you can call US numbers for free.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 21
It only works while your computer is on, and connected to the internet. Since it has to auto load each time that the computer starts, it does slow down startup a bit. To uninstall the driver program takes a several steps that I was told by their tech support, but I haven't tried it yet. There is no uninstall button. But, for my purposes, this device and service work well, and I am satisfied so far. Although they admit that faxing over this service may not work, it works ok for me so far. But, I did have to make some changes in my fax default settings.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 21
I would not recommend this as your ONLY phone service. Its service and quality can be finicky sometimes but it can be great second phone service which you can save some money over other plan. I tried this service for awhile but we just got fed up with inconsistent quality and changed to other phone service eventually. It is great concept but still at its infancy with growing pain, I suppose.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 21
If you dont want your pc on all the time though, TMobile has $10 per month home phone service.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 21
Mar 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #10 of 21
Why not use Skype? You can have your own number with them for a reasonable amount per year.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 21
Yeah, what does this offer over skype? I've been thinking about getting Skype for a while since I don't have a cell phone currently, or a phone in my office. This way when I'm on the road I'd always be able to call home- provided I could get a wifi signal.

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #15 of 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back