Amazing Bay Area Meet 2/19/11 Impressions Thread!
Mar 2, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #197 of 303

Quote:
^ The discount is really just for the people who attended the meet. 

Yes.  The UE rep at the meet had attendees add their names to a list, along with their email address and the IEM they were interested in.  UE subsequently contacted those attendees via email.

FWIW -- UE really needs a better way to demo their IEMs.  The universal fit adapted customs worked pretty well, but the amp they were using (driven by an laptop's analog output) didn't really show what the IEMs were capable of.  I was going to pass on the UERM before I heard it out of my own system.  The difference was pretty dramatic.

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #198 of 303

Quote:
Is it 25% discount for UERM available for international buyer?please some one give more information about it, thanks b4

You had to attend the meet where they did impressions and got your contact information.  They contacted us after the meet, so there is no coupon or anything like that... sorry!

edit:  just paged over and saw the responses...  oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcn 
FWIW -- UE really needs a better way to demo their IEMs.  The universal fit adapted customs worked pretty well, but the amp they were using (driven by an laptop's analog output) didn't really show what the IEMs were capable of.  I was going to pass on the UERM before I heard it out of my own system.  The difference was pretty dramatic.

No doubt.  I guess their set-up is okay to see the relative differences between the models- sort of.  I'm not even sure if it's possible to demo universals without fitting them the way they're intended.  In demo version, they aren't much different than premium universals with Comply tips and poor fit.  If you take away the perfect seal and better placed drivers relative to the ear canal, you're pretty much left with a universal. 
frown.gif
  But I suppose it's better than buying on faith or reviews alone.  I was pretty happy with the way the demos sounded given the circumstances (fit, venue noise, brief demo), so I have pretty high hopes when I get the real deal.

And BTW bobcn, your system is pretty hot.  But I doubt Vince wants to lug 6-7 Isabellinas around. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #199 of 303
Wow, some really fantastic gear at that meet and looks like everyone had a great time.

Quote:
Quote:

NP at all! Just a note, my W1000x's were modified. In stock form, they were a little slow, overly romantic woody sounding, with too long a decay. I opened them up and selectively applied Dynomat (actually Home Depot roofing material) on certain surfaces. I experimented and sound certain areas more important than others. I didn't overdo it to retain some of that romantic AT flavor. I'll post my mods with pictures in another thread when I get a chance.

I like to think of them as something between a Grado and AT that's closed. I fall asleep listening to 'phones and my wife is much more appreciative I have these now instead of open 'phones.

Please do post more on your W1000X mods when you have the chance, sounds interesting.

Quote:
I'll discuss some of the comments about my amplifier in a seperate post. For the moment, I just want to say that at these voltage and power levels the radiation produced by mercury vapor rectifiers is less than that produced by an old black and white television. Still, if anyone is uncomfortable with this, then I will not bring them to future meets.

Your amp looks totally stunning, would like to learn more about them when you have the chance to post about it.

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #203 of 303
I ordered mine on 2/24.  Today I got this update:

"[size=x-small]So your ship date is currently at 03.11.2011. I know this is a bit later than we initially anticipated. We have become very busy in the past 2 weeks and artists ramp up for spring and summer tours. Ship dates have hit as high as 10 business days. It is possible that this date my get pulled back in. You will receive a detailed receipt with your customs. For now, I can tell you that your order number is *****. Keep an eye out for some automated messages as your customs are completed and a UPS tracking message on 03.11 with shipping details. Sometimes these messages can go to your spam folder, so keep an eye on this as well. Let me know if you have additional questions, including any which may come up after you receive your monitors."[/size]

I guess 1964 isn't the only one who's busy!  As long as they do a good job...

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #206 of 303
It's good to give back and help a worthwhile org.
Thanks CEE TEE for following through with the donation.
beerchug.gif

BTW... my credit card was also charged for my UE's, but no email.   

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #207 of 303
I don't think we'll be receiving any e-mail confirmation at all, actually. We'll probably just receive them when they're ready and that's it.

Quote:
It's good to give back and help a worthwhile org.
Thanks CEE TEE for following through with the donation.
beerchug.gif

BTW... my credit card was also charged for my UE's, but no email.   

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #208 of 303
I got a response when I sent Todd a note asking about my status since I also noticed my card was charged.  Received the same e-mail as Mkubota1, that it's possibly shipping March 11 due to the uptick in orders for the summer touring season. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #209 of 303
My card hasn't been charged yet, but I emailed him for a status update and he was out for a few days:

Quote:
[size=x-small]I am out of the office until 03/05/2011.
[/size]
[size=x-small] [/size][size=x-small]I am currently out of the office on Thursday 03.03 and Friday 03.04. I will not have access to phone or e-mail during this time. If you need immediate assistance during this time, you can contact Joey Sanchez for additional assistance. His contacts are included below.[/size]

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #210 of 303
I spoke with Todd with UE yesterday because I wanted to get an order in and he said he would be out today and tomorrow.  You'll probably hear back from him on Monday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back