Am I the only one Incredibly Annoyed by the new Starburst/Holly Robinson Peete Ad that's on Head-fi?
Aug 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

pdupiano

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm sorry but what's with the new ads on head-fi with sound? I'm listening to something and in the next minute I hear "Hi, I'm Holy Robinson...." The worst part is that if you have multiple tabs open (chrome) and click away, the ad will start up again after a few minutes. 

Is there a head-fi paid subscription to just get rid of aural ads? I dont mind seeing sponsor ads and other stuff that's completely unrelated as long as they are quiet and do not disturb me while I'm reading/listening to music. I am far from being a starburst/lifesaver's nazi, but this is just about the most annoying add ever. 

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #2 of 12
I'm definitely not a fan. Though I've noticed that now it seems to play only if you rollover the ad. Having to be aware of where I'm moving my mouse is more than annoying, but at least I can avoid it playing sound.

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 12
I've moved this into the Feedback and Bug Reports forum so that Huddler will be made aware of this.

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 12
Those ads with sound bytes are just way too invasive.
The Holly ad just starts booming away without even mousing over it.
In the last day I've been accosted by it maybe five or six times. I wont be buying skittles, that's for sure.
It really ruins things when I am at this site with my headphones on while listening to music.
Please stop this nonsense.

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Am I the only one Incredibly Annoyed by the new Starburst/Holly Robinson Peete Ad that's on Head-fi?

No, you're not.  This ad has been playing for me, too, and I don't think I've even moused over it (and don't care much if I have--I don't like ads with sound).

We do try to catch these, but this one got by, probably via one of the ad networks.

I've put in a request for this ad to be stopped.

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
No, you're not.  This ad has been playing for me, too, and I don't think I've even moused over it (and don't care much if I have--I don't like ads with sound).

We do try to catch these, but this one got by, probably via one of the ad networks.

Thanks Jude. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ads at all -as I've mentioned I usually click on them if its a new product that I havent seen before. Its just that the audio ones kinda catch you off guard. Thanks again, hopefully they can fix the issue soon. In the mean time I'll be using my old Rotel for bg music while I surf with my laptop on mute. 

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks Jude. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ads at all -as I've mentioned I usually click on them if its a new product that I havent seen before. Its just that the audio ones kinda catch you off guard. Thanks again, hopefully they can fix the issue soon. In the mean time I'll be using my old Rotel for bg music while I surf with my laptop on mute. 

No explanation needed--this ad has irritated me from the moment I first heard it.  My computer is often my source.  Headphones are often on my head, sourced by that computer.  And I think I could now comfortably pick Holly Robinson Peete's voice in a blind lineup.

I'm sorry about the ad.  It should be removed soon, and I'm hoping it doesn't have to wait until Monday.  (I'll do what I can to try to make it happen faster than that.)

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:

thanks.

I actually didn't even know if there was a section on the forums to complain about this sort of thing (6 years, not one complaint), but felt motivated enough to say something about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back