Am I the only one frustrated with Sony for aiming too low in recent years...
Feb 25, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony is to Audio what Toyota is to Auto

What does that mean? Toyota definitely has some sport models, but nothing in the league of say, Ferrari. I'd say the R10 and 010 are both "Ferrari" league in headphones. Also, Sony has done some pretty innovative things with their headphone lineup in the past; i.e. bio-cellulose and angled drivers for a more detailed and enveloping experience, magnesium/magnesium-alloy baffles and headband assemblies to decrease microphonics. Idk, is Toyota really as state of the art?

May 12, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #32 of 35
"Sony is to Audio what Toyota is to Auto"

Means that it is high selling to me...
In Australia Toyota sells the most cars, thus Sony sells the most audio products... ???

May 12, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #33 of 35
Hi,

Sony IS still a tight competition to Sennheiser.. in Mainstream Audiophile h'phones they are losing the battle
But
Sony has started focus on Noise cancelling technology & recently they released very high-end NC h'phones.

Do check them out...a sure competition for Sennheiser.

MDRNC60:
MDR-NC60-thumb.jpg

May 12, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #34 of 35
There's low end, mid, high end, and then there's something far, far above high end. That would be a Ferrari, a penthouse suite in a major city, A pair of MDR-R10 / HE90. It's not always going to be profitable to have products there, but that's not why they do it.

That's the way I see it, as the owner of a Sony Qualia 007 sacd player.

May 12, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #35 of 35
Hi,

A little off the subject, but Sony are now making some excellent products, even if a little late. I refer to the latest 16gb DAP's.

I'm very tempted to get one of these because of the excellent sound quality, but do have a personal dislike of Sony over the root kit fiasco, their approach to DRM and the limitations imposed by Blue Ray.

Their main problem is that they are no longer seen as consumer friendly by the general public, but only on par with the rest of the mass production Japanese companies.

A few high end products would go towards redressing this situation, since they would create a buzz about the market place and audiophiles would no longer dismiss their products out of hand.

Maybe this is wishful thinking.

Cheers

John
Cheers

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back