Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!
Oct 17, 2004 at 10:32 AM Post #631 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I love threads like this where amps that cost $500 are considered entry level.
icon10.gif

All is relative! Surely a amp of 500 $ is a entry level respect to one that costs ten times more... but "entry level" for me is not sinonimous of low quality...

Best!
Nicola

Oct 17, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #632 of 645
NEW RP6 DQ... look ! http://www.rudistor.com/

D = DACT
Q = Qualia ready

Just to know guys, this is a new amp in the RP series... after the BIG RP010 a little brother, but little (I think) just in the external dimension...

Best!
Nicola

Oct 17, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #633 of 645
And it's a hybrid.
confused.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #634 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
And it's a hybrid.
confused.gif

Yes, look at the number 8 ...

If Rudi will send one to me I'll tell you what about the sound with my Qualia and respect to the RP010.

Best!
Nicola

Oct 17, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #635 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
All is relative! Surely a amp of 500 $ is a entry level respect to one that costs ten times more... but "entry level" for me is not sinonimous of low quality...

Best!
Nicola

good point, we definately see eye to eye here
cool.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #636 of 645
Hello, Nik!

Have you gotten any feedback, ideas, developments from Moon Audio regarding the Qualia cable?

Oct 18, 2004 at 8:09 AM Post #637 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hello, Nik!

Have you gotten any feedback, ideas, developments from Moon Audio regarding the Qualia cable?

They can do a replacement cable for the Qualia. They need to see exactly (a good pic) the Lemo connectors to make the cable.

But as I 'll do not use the Qualia in a balanced way, I'm thinking do not change the cable.

Best!
Nicola

Oct 26, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #638 of 645
A caracteristic Qualia sound effect:

I have noticed (after a lot of hours of listening) that the Qualia, for the conformation of the buffler, produce a kind of "passive amplification" (as I can say...) of the external noise. No any other open can do this like the Qualia. So this is a totally open can, but the only one that has a sort of funnel with the larger side in the ear, and this produce a little amplification.

Best!
Nicola

Nov 2, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #639 of 645
Ciao Nicola:
I will be in Italy next year and may consider listening to the Rudistor amp you are using with the Qualia; you did say Rudi has the Qualia so I could stop at his place after agreeing on an audition of the system you commend so highly.
I however like to know how much you paid for the amp, if it's not rude to ask.
As I will also be in the US, I could listen to the Gilmore reference and compare before deciding on which to purchase.
The Qualia is definitely apair of headphones I will try soon. Does anybody know where it's cheapest o buy? The US or Japan? or elsewhere?
Cheers

Nov 2, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #640 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakeshpoorun1
Ciao Nicola:
I will be in Italy next year and may consider listening to the Rudistor amp you are using with the Qualia; you did say Rudi has the Qualia so I could stop at his place after agreeing on an audition of the system you commend so highly.
As I will also be in the US, I could listen to the Gilmore reference and compare before deciding on which to purchase.
The Qualia is definitely apair of headphones I will try soon. Does anybody know where it's cheapest o buy? The US or Japan? or elsewhere?
Cheers

If i am not mistaken, the rudistor amp of Nick costs about 5000 euro's.
that's about 5500-6000 dollars i guess.

Nov 2, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #641 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
A caracteristic Qualia sound effect:

I have noticed (after a lot of hours of listening) that the Qualia, for the conformation of the buffler, produce a kind of "passive amplification" (as I can say...) of the external noise. No any other open can do this like the Qualia. So this is a totally open can, but the only one that has a sort of funnel with the larger side in the ear, and this produce a little amplification.

Best!
Nicola

Nik, am I reading correctly, that not only does this can let outside noise in, but it passively AMPLIFIES the noise coming in? Now that is true dedication to the "noise in, noise out" characteristic of the open design!

Nov 3, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #642 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakeshpoorun1
Ciao Nicola:
Cheers

Ciao a te,

in a first time Rudi write in his site 4500 € for the RP010. Than you can find only by request. I paid it a bit less of the price...

The RP010 sounds every cents I paid for it!

The Qualia 010 I bought directly from Sony Japan, Koji of EIFL shipped them to me. I think that this (EIFL) was the lowest price.

Best!
Nicola

Nov 3, 2004 at 9:45 AM Post #643 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Ciao a te,

in a first time Rudi write in his site 4500 € for the RP010. Than you can find only by request. I paid it a bit less of the price...

The RP010 sounds every cents I paid for it!

The Qualia 010 I bought directly from Sony Japan, Koji of EIFL shipped them to me. I think that this (EIFL) was the lowest price.

Best!
Nicola

Ciao Nick,
come stai?

the price is with the standard alps pot, i think,
so, if you want some extra's the price will rise accordingly of course.

I have no doubts the rp010 is a very, very good sounding headphone amp Nick. I really like natural sounding amps, but like a bit of detail as well.

however, anything new on the new Mr. Gilmore amp yet? still very interested in that one as well. it is always good to have more amps available for your headphone.

i guess it'll be introduced by Mr. gilmore at a head-fi meet somewhere soon!
icon10.gif
Keep us posted on that amp as well, please.

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #644 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline
Ciao Nick,
come stai?

the price is with the standard alps pot, i think,
so, if you want some extra's the price will rise accordingly of course.

I have no doubts the rp010 is a very, very good sounding headphone amp Nick. I really like natural sounding amps, but like a bit of detail as well.

however, anything new on the new Mr. Gilmore amp yet? still very interested in that one as well. it is always good to have more amps available for your headphone.

i guess it'll be introduced by Mr. gilmore at a head-fi meet somewhere soon!
icon10.gif
Keep us posted on that amp as well, please.

The "standard" alps pot is the best component Rudi has found in a lot of seletions... potentiometers, dacts, ecc, ecc. Between a lot of alps potentiometers he has found one that at the banch has the better performances (as L & R channel precision). He has adopted a RK40 in a blue caps for the motorized use. As I said the remote control is very important because the pot is positioned on the back (tehere is even a little knob on the rear) and for the finest regulation of the volume.

Best!
Nicola

Nov 9, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #645 of 645
New pdf. about the Qualia 010, look:

http://qualia.sony.us/productPDFs/QU...honesFINAL.pdf

Best!
Nicola

PS:
"The nano-composite frequency response is much more consistent than a diaphragm composed of traditional materials.
Silica/PA66 Nano-composite Sheet (QUALIA 010 )
PET Film (traditional materials) Sony MDR-R10 Headphones".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back