Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!
Oct 1, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #601 of 645
Smoke and mirrors
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #602 of 645
The stand is silver.. probably some effect of the light.
Yes, the jack of the Qualia is out, and only 2m cord !!! (Just for the pic...).

Best!
Nicola

Oct 2, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #603 of 645
I don't care how different they seem to look, or how many people don't like their looks, I think they look so cool! I can't wait to try them. However, I have my doubts that they are the be-all end-all dynamic headphone. I guess only time will tell.

Oct 2, 2004 at 8:57 AM Post #604 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I believe it works best if the headphone is plugged into the amplifier, and not having the headphone plug next to the CD12.
wink.gif

the Qualia works also on air ( you have to place them 1m from the amp )

Oct 3, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #605 of 645
A couple of NYC candid closeups, perhaps? (No airbrushing - shot live with real available fluorescent light). And the first is a nice dark blue number (size large) for all who seem to hate red -- and the aluminum kinda looks like the silvery aluminum they are! (they do reflect environmental & lighting "colorations")
k1000smile.gif

0508_Q010_L-blu-std.jpg

Next -- as jahn says -- the "2001" look (red-red-red):

Q010_S-red-std-Rt.jpg

...and lastly, for their sexy and mod-able "lemo" connectors:

Q010_CableConnect.jpg

Oct 3, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #606 of 645
They sure look comfortable....I'm sure someone else must have asked this already but I cqn't find it: IT looks as if there is a fitting that would allow for easy exchange of headphone cable (assuming you could get more of the fittings).

Nik,

Is the above right? If you got more of the fittings would the cable be screw on and screw off? In my opinion that would be a pretty cool design concept to allow for easy cable interchanges.

Oct 3, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #607 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbratrud
They sure look comfortable....I'm sure someone else must have asked this already but I cqn't find it: IT looks as if there is a fitting that would allow for easy exchange of headphone cable (assuming you could get more of the fittings).

Nik,

Is the above right? If you got more of the fittings would the cable be screw on and screw off? In my opinion that would be a pretty cool design concept to allow for easy cable interchanges.

Yes, you are right. In the owner manual there is also a pic about how you can screw the cord. I have never done, but I think that is very simple to do...

Best!
Nicola

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #608 of 645
Just like the Stax stand...I don't understand a company that puts out a stand that has only one part of your earpads making contact. Won't that eventually put a dent in the pad causing uneven contact with your head?
Plus it must allow dust and dirt to fall into the pads openings.
eek.gif

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #609 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Just like the Stax stand...I don't understand a company that puts out a stand that has only one part of your earpads making contact. Won't that eventually put a dent in the pad causing uneven contact with your head?
Plus it must allow dust and dirt to fall into the pads openings.
eek.gif

The Stax has also the dust cover.

For the Qualia you do not have any problem with "only one part making contact", because the pads are not as all the others we know... see the pics... no any sponge...

Best!
Nicola

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #610 of 645
I'm not an expert -- but Kevin Gilmore mentioned earlier in this thread that these are "Lemo connectors" and they are available. Perhaps you can post additional questions to Kevin.

Oct 6, 2004 at 12:42 PM Post #611 of 645
A very little tweak on the RP010: 4 Vibrapod feet number 3 !!! Good!

Best!
Nicola

Oct 10, 2004 at 1:56 PM Post #612 of 645
Rudi wrote (italian) a little rew about the Qualia 010/RP010 system (yes, he has the Qualia 010 too). I hope to translate it soon... but he thinks that this is the most neutral system today. He has examinated the Qualia 010 and he found right the specs that Sony has declared, just a peak in the 2 and 4 Khz of 1.5db .

Best!
Nicola

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #614 of 645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Rudi wrote (italian) a little rew about the Qualia 010/RP010 system (yes, he has the Qualia 010 too). I hope to translate it soon... but he thinks that this is the most neutral system today. He has examinated the Qualia 010 and he found right the specs that Sony has declared, just a pick in the 2 and 4 Khz of 1.5db .

Best!
Nicola

Well according to my short experience, and given the huge difference in the presentation, if the HP-1000 and PS-1 are considered neutral headphones, as they are here, then the Qualia is far from being such a neutral headphone. Now if the Qualia is considered that neutral, then the other two are not even close to be...the differences in the presentation of the sound are huge....

Me personally, prefer the Qualia, (not my cup of tea though) but I found the other two, dull and too bassy in comparison (PS-1 even more), to be considered neutral, but this is just me.....

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #615 of 645
I agree. Neutral is not only question of sound freqs. but even soundstage and dimensions and postion of the instruments... I think a lot of caracteristics do "neutral" a headphone.

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back