Am I (sonically) blind
Jan 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #136 of 186
Thanks for the admission, about time!

G

Jan 8, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #137 of 186
1. An objective measurement, a waterfall plot for example.
2. No, none at all! Double/Blind tests are only designed to test human responses but “fidelity” isn’t a human response, it’s a measurable, objective, physical attribute.

1. That’s complete nonsense, because fidelity is accuracy.
2. Of course you wouldn’t. For example, how would you get a speaker that can’t produce freqs below say 60Hz to accurately reproduce content between say 40-50Hz?

1. Countless studies by scientists and industry bodies (the ITU, EBU and AES for example). The 2000 paper by Geringer being just one example.
2. If you can give the exact opposite evidence, then please do so!
3. Your “claim” is NOT reliable evidence, surely you must know the difference between a claim and reliable evidence? And, popularity doesn’t prove people prefer “bassy/unbalanced sound” unless you eliminate other possible reasons for popularity, such as fashion for example.
4. You need to ignore yourself then! You think it’s “stable” to argue in a science forum when you don’t even know the difference between a claim and reliable evidence?

Of course it doesn’t, it’s guided and has concepts based on science, that’s why it’s called the sound science forum. Certainly there are people that don’t understand the science and certainly we all have ego but that is why science was invented in the first place! Do you really not know that?

Nonsense. The whole idea of fidelity is based on proven/demonstrable mathematics, as has been explained to you several times but apparently your ego only allows you to keep repeating the same nonsense!

Then either the books you’ve read are fantasy/fiction or you failed to understand them! All commercial studios are calibrated, they ALL measure the room/speaker response and they ALL apply corrective measures, acoustic treatment, EQ etc. However, in the case of music studios, there is no agreed standard of calibration. In other words, music studios typically calibrate to a “house curve” which may or may not be the same as the house curve of a different music studio.

G
Yes, exactly.....I meant standardized. Studios are not uniformly standardized across the world. Which would/could potentially mean tone changes with the final output.

Jan 8, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #138 of 186
Yes, exactly.....I meant standardized. Studios are not uniformly standardized across the world. Which would/could potentially mean tone changes with the final output.
That is somewhat true. Film and TV mix rooms are standardised, it’s only music studios that aren’t. However, in commercial music production it’s usual for the mix to be monitored on different setups, the main monitors and near-fields for example, commonly more than one studio is used for recording and mixing and of course the finished mix goes to another studio for mastering. These different setups and studios have the effect of averaging out (even’ing out) discrepancies that the FR of one studio might have caused.

There are other considerations though. On the one hand: When calibrating rooms/speakers the scale of discrepancies is orders of magnitude greater than the discrepancies found in amps and DACs. For example, freq deviations of 6dB are typical, even in a good studio. On the other hand, good/famous studios are famous because their rooms have proven to be particularly conducive to producing hits (and/or the highest quality recordings). And lastly, Toole demonstrated that experienced engineers become can become used to certain discrepancies and subconsciously compensate for them.

G

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #139 of 186
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/gregorio.69811/

Still you have to agree there are many (different) end tones when it comes down to music reproduction. That each album is it’s own thing, it’s own animal so to speak. This single thing is an example to me that there still is no true standardization in the industry. And actually I’m OK with that. I simply have forgiving IEMs that I listen to most of the time, and slightly warmer amps......and it seems to work out. Still stuff is all over the road as far as how it’s recorded. And in my history, yearly there will be acceptance in the sound, or maybe love for the individual recording and of course the bad ones.......when discovering new music.

Obviously there are infinite variables in how bands are perceived to be recorded. But often (as we all do) I question the engineers decision or I just guess there was recording issues which could not be overcome, thus the result. We all have our favorite recording engineers which have become somewhat of modern day legends. They have a particular sound, and use only a few studios to realize their craft.

Hearing them make their (audio) statement time and time again is a example of maybe how it should be done (subjectivity speaking)? Though many times I will hear a new recording and love it, to then find out it was the production of (one of) these luminaries. Oh that’s what it is, I often say!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #140 of 186
That is somewhat true. Film and TV mix rooms are standardised, it’s only music studios that aren’t.

The music studios I've worked in were standardized. But they were producing music for both TV and CD. I would imagine that by the time the recording reaches the mastering stage, it would have to be calibrated.

When I mix, I always start with the big calibrated system. When that is done, we do a playback through small speakers to make sure nothing will blow out or get buried on a regular TV. We make corrections here and there and check them on the big speakers. When that's finished, the mix is done. The main speakers are used for the mix. The small ones are only used for checking the mix for problems. Maybe other people work differently.

I think redcar doesn't understand that the "many tones" of recordings are due to creative decisions in the mix, not to the way the equipment sounds. All of those tones are still calibrated.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #141 of 186
All of this information is amazing and actually has prevented me from spending a lot money I had lined up for a new “audiophile” system. My goal now is decipher what Dac/amp stack or combo unit (if possible) has the power needed to drive high impedance as well as lower impedance headphones with reference or near reference accuracy.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #142 of 186
[1] Still you have to agree there are many (different) end tones when it comes down to music reproduction. [2] That each album is it’s own thing, it’s own animal so to speak. This single thing is an example to me that there still is no true standardization in the industry.
1. Why do I have to agree with that? ...
2. There are in fact valid reasons why I have to agree with your #1, to a limited degree but NOT because of this statement! Obviously there is no standardisation for music composition, orchestration, performance, recording and production because if there were, then all pieces of music and recordings of pieces of music would sound the same. There would be little/no discernable difference between a Mozart symphony and say Motorhead's Ace of Spades, which clearly is not the case. However, while this #2 statement is true and so is your #1 statement, #2 does NOT support #1. There is no standardisation in the music industry as a whole but there IS a concept of standardisation in music reproduction ("fidelity"). Despite it being explained to you multiple times, you do no appear able (or willing) to understand the difference between music creation/production and music reproduction. A massive, fundamental misunderstanding for someone who discusses/argues about it so frequently! ...
Still stuff is all over the road as far as how it’s recorded.
True but then you never get to hear "how it's recorded", what you hear is not the recording, it's a processed mix of the recordings that has then been mastered! While different masters of different recordings/mixes all sound different of course, that's part of the creation process. It should be obvious that the reproduction process, by definition, is the process of reproducing what's been created, not of producing something else!
[1] Obviously there are infinite variables in how bands are perceived to be recorded. But often (as we all do) I question the engineers decision or I just guess there was recording issues which could not be overcome, thus the result. [2] We all have our favorite recording engineers which have become somewhat of modern day legends. They have a particular sound, and use only a few studios to realize their craft.
1. There's nothing wrong with questioning the engineers' decisions, I do it frequently. The problem, particularly in the audiophile world, is that the guesses/answers they come up with are frequently wrong and not just wrong but often wildly/laughably wrong! For starters, some of the engineering decisions aren't actually made by the engineers, the engineers are just following instructions from the musicians, producer or record label and even when it is the engineers' decision, virtually without exception, they must be approved by the musicians and/or producer.
2. I would imagine extremely few people even know the names of any recording engineers, let alone have favourite ones. Also, I'm actually in the industry and can't think of a single modern day legend, although several command significant respect.
Hearing them make their (audio) statement time and time again is a example of maybe how it should be done (subjectivity speaking)? Though many times I will hear a new recording and love it, to then find out it was the production of (one of) these luminaries. Oh that’s what it is, I often say!
How can that be true? Recording engineers are only responsible for recording the musicians' performances, what happens afterwards; the processing, mixing and mastering has nothing to do with the recording engineer that's the responsibility of others, the Producer for example.
The music studios I've worked in were standardized. But they were producing music for both TV and CD. I would imagine that by the time the recording reaches the mastering stage, it would have to be calibrated.
Extremely few music studios are standardised, even the ones which produce music for TV. There's not even a standard monitoring level for music studios.
When I mix, I always start with the big calibrated system. When that is done, we do a playback through small speakers to make sure nothing will blow out or get buried on a regular TV. We make corrections here and there and check them on the big speakers. When that's finished, the mix is done. The main speakers are used for the mix. The small ones are only used for checking the mix for problems. Maybe other people work differently.
That's a very common workflow, although it's also quite common to mainly mix on near-fields and then check on the big/main monitors. But again, while the main monitors are obviously calibrated, there is no standardisation. Different studios use different monitoring levels and have their own "house curve".
I think redcar doesn't understand that the "many tones" of recordings are due to creative decisions in the mix, not to the way the equipment sounds. All of those tones are still calibrated.
Yep, he doesn't seem able to understand the difference between production and reproduction.

G

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #143 of 186
What calibration are studios using if they aren’t standardized?

Jan 10, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #144 of 186
1. Why do I have to agree with that? ...
2. There are in fact valid reasons why I have to agree with your #1, to a limited degree but NOT because of this statement! Obviously there is no standardisation for music composition, orchestration, performance, recording and production because if there were, then all pieces of music and recordings of pieces of music would sound the same. There would be little/no discernable difference between a Mozart symphony and say Motorhead's Ace of Spades, which clearly is not the case. However, while this #2 statement is true and so is your #1 statement, #2 does NOT support #1. There is no standardisation in the music industry as a whole but there IS a concept of standardisation in music reproduction ("fidelity"). Despite it being explained to you multiple times, you do no appear able (or willing) to understand the difference between music creation/production and music reproduction. A massive, fundamental misunderstanding for someone who discusses/argues about it so frequently! ...

True but then you never get to hear "how it's recorded", what you hear is not the recording, it's a processed mix of the recordings that has then been mastered! While different masters of different recordings/mixes all sound different of course, that's part of the creation process. It should be obvious that the reproduction process, by definition, is the process of reproducing what's been created, not of producing something else!

1. There's nothing wrong with questioning the engineers' decisions, I do it frequently. The problem, particularly in the audiophile world, is that the guesses/answers they come up with are frequently wrong and not just wrong but often wildly/laughably wrong! For starters, some of the engineering decisions aren't actually made by the engineers, the engineers are just following instructions from the musicians, producer or record label and even when it is the engineers' decision, virtually without exception, they must be approved by the musicians and/or producer.
2. I would imagine extremely few people even know the names of any recording engineers, let alone have favourite ones. Also, I'm actually in the industry and can't think of a single modern day legend, although several command significant respect.

How can that be true? Recording engineers are only responsible for recording the musicians' performances, what happens afterwards; the processing, mixing and mastering has nothing to do with the recording engineer that's the responsibility of others, the Producer for example.

Extremely few music studios are standardised, even the ones which produce music for TV. There's not even a standard monitoring level for music studios.

That's a very common workflow, although it's also quite common to mainly mix on near-fields and then check on the big/main monitors. But again, while the main monitors are obviously calibrated, there is no standardisation. Different studios use different monitoring levels and have their own "house curve".

Yep, he doesn't seem able to understand the difference between production and reproduction.

G

They maybe do because on the projects listed below they wear many hats? Note how Andy Sneap basically does everything at times! Also take note these two were actually the two main ones I was thinking about (when I made that post) beforehand. I didn't specifically look for people that were multitalented, I mean these are some of the best in the world right now, as far as Metal goes. There are more I could list, but (to me) those few have less of an original sound? And it's not expectation bias.............. as their recordings were noted to be special before I knew they were involved. These two are highly respected and bring their own sound to the table. I'm not alone in my appreciation of them. I'm also not alone in feeling they both have their very own sound. Maybe the Metal world is different in that all the people I'm referring to are actual musicians and got their start as musicians? Also they seem to know and understand the recording element they are in? At least the results offer unique proof of that?

Here are two folks who are well thought of due to their producing, mixing, engineering and mastering. An example of just two that have a distinguishable sound.
100 Years War

3 Dreams Never Dreamt

2013A Vanishing DayMastering

A Canorous Quintet

1995As Tears (EP)Producer, Engineering, Mixing
2018The Only Pure Hate MMXVIIIMastering

Abramelin

2020Never Enough SnuffMixing, Mastering

Abruptum

Abscession

2015Grave OfferingsMastering

Accu§er

2020AccuserMastering

Acheron

2014Kult des HassesMastering, Mixing

Acromizer

2015Spreading the PlagueMastering

Act of Worship

2012Temple of Marduk (EP)Mastering

Æolian

2020The NegationistMastering

Aeon

2007Rise to DominateMixing, Mastering

Aephanemer

2019ProkoptonMixing
2021A Dream of WildernessMixing

After All

2009Cult of SinMixing, Mastering
2010Betrayed by the Gods (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2011Becoming the Martyr (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2012Dawn of the EnforcerMixing, Mastering
2015Rejection Overruled (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2016Waves of AnnihilationMixing, Mastering
2017Restore to Sanity (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Against the Plagues

2010Decoding the MainframeRemixing, Remastering

Agora

2017Zona de silencio XVIIRemastering

Aiumeen Basoa

Algol

2012Complex ShapesMastering

Allegiance

1996Hymn till hangagudProducer, Mixing

Altar

1991No Flesh Shall Be Spared (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering, Layout
1992Ex Oblivione / The Fragile Concept of Affection (Split)Mixing (tracks 1-7), Co-producer (tracks 1-7)
2012Dark Domains (Compilation)Producer, Remastering

Ancient

1996The Cainian ChronicleProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1999Det glemte riket (Compilation)Co-producer (track 9)

Ancient Ascendant

2012Into the Dark (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2014Echoes and CinderMastering, Mixing

Ancient Emblem

2015Ancient Emblem / Hongo (Split)Mastering (Hongo side)

Angoixa

2021Distopia digitalMastering

Angrepp

2010WarfareMixing, Mastering

Another Life

2003Another Life (Demo)Producer
2008Memories from NothingRecording (drums, keyboards, lead guitars), Mixing, Mastering

Another Perfect Day

2010The Gothenburg Post ScriptumLyrics (track 3), Recording (vocals on track 3)

Antropomorphia

2019Merciless SavageryMastering

Apocryfal

2013Aberration of Mind (EP)Mastering

Apophis

2021ExcessMastering

Aposento

Arbitrator

2011The Consummate Ascendancy (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Arcanum Sanctum

2020Ad AstraMixing, Mastering

Ars Irae

2015Dunkle KlängeMastering

Arvas

2017Black PathMastering

As Light Dies

2010Ars Subtilior from Within the CageMixing, Mastering
2014The Love Album - Volume IMastering, Producer, Mixing
2015Gea (EP)Mixing, Mastering (track 4)

Asphyx

2009Death... The Brutal WayMixing, Mastering
2012DeathhammerMixing, Mastering
2016Incoming DeathMastering, Mixing
2017The RackMastered for vinyl (LP2)
2017The RackRemastering (CD2)
(show all)

Ava Inferi

2011OnyxMixing, Mastering

Avulsed

2013Ritual ZombiMastering
2013Revenant Wars (EP)Mastering
2015Altar of Disembowelment (EP)Mastering
2016DeathgenerationMastering

Azure Emote

2020The Third PerspectiveMastering

Baht

2012In My VeinsMixing

Banished from Inferno

2008Banished from Inferno (EP)Mastering
2011MinotaurMixing, Mastering

Barra Xul

2012In Darkness We WaitMastering
2019I'll Swallow Your Soul (Single)Mastering

Barren Earth

2009Our Twilight (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2010Curse of the Red RiverMixing, Mastering
2012The Devil's ResolveMixing, Mastering

Battlelore

2008The Last AllianceMixing, Mastering
2011DoomboundMixing, Mastering

Belzebubs

2018Blackened Call (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Pantheon of the Nightside GodsMixing, Mastering

Beyond Mortality

2013Infected LifeMastering

Blackshine

1996II (Demo)Engineering

Blastomycosis

Blazemth

2022The Return of LuciferMastering

Blodsrit

2003Ocularis InfernumMastering

Blood of Christ

2021Frozen Dreams (Demo)Remastering
2021The Lonely Flowers of Autumn (Demo)Remastering

Bloodbath

2000Breeding Death (EP)Engineering, Producer
2002Resurrection Through CarnageProducer, Engineering

Bloodgut

Bloodshed

2015Salvation by Bloodshed (EP)Remastering

Bloodstrike

2017Execution of ViolenceMastering

Blowback

2008Morning WoodMixing, Mastering
2009800 MilesMixing, Mastering

Bodyfarm

2019DreadlordMixing, Mastering

Book of Black Earth

2011The Cold TestamentMixing (as "Dan Swano")

Bucovina

2010Duh (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2013Sub steleMixing, Mastering (tracks 1-6)
2015NestrămutatMixing, Mastering

Burden of Grief

2010Follow the FlamesMixing, Mastering
2014UnchainedMastering, Mixing

Buried Realm

2017The Ichor CarcinomaMastering
2018The Ichor Carcinoma (Instrumental)Mastering
2019Temple Graveyard (Single)Mastering
2020Embodiment of the DivineMastering

Butcher ABC

2006Butchered Feast of Being (EP)Mastering

Carcaroht

1993Dragons Dawn (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1994Floating Souls (Demo)Recording

Carnal Savagery

2020Grotesque MacabreMastering
2021FiendishProducer

Carnation

2018Chapel of AbhorrenceMastering

Carpatus

2017Malus AscendantMastering

Carve

2004Revel in Human FilthMastering

Casket Feeder

2017Venomous Tongues (EP)Mastering

Cast the Stone

2018Empyrean Atrophy (EP)Producer

Cathartic

2020Ceremonial Resurrection (EP)Mastering

Cemetery

2019The Last Day on EarthMastering

Centinex

1994Transcend the Dark Chaos (EP)Producer
1996Malleus MaleficarumProducer (tracks 4-7)

Chaossworn

2010Chalice of Black Flames (Demo)Mastering
2010Chalice of Black Flames (EP)Mastering

Circle of Chaos

2010Black OblivionMastering

Coercion

1997Forever DeadEngineering, Mixing
1998DeleteEditing

Coffin Rites

2021Human EraseMastering

Cold Colours

2013Cold ColoursMastering
2014MMXIV (EP)Mastering
2017A Life Forlorn (Single)Mastering
2019NorthernmostMastering

Coldspot

2017SiebenMastering

Coldworker

2006The Contaminated VoidMixing
2007Pig Destroyer / Coldworker / Antigama (Split)Mixing
2008Rotting ParadiseMixing, Mastering
2009Coldworker / Deathbound (Split)Mixing, Mastering
2012The Doomsayer's CallMastering, Mixing

Come Back from the Dead

Communic

2011The Bottom DeepMastering

Contempt of the Light

Convictive

2021Konvergenz (Split)Mastering

Coraxo

2014Starlit Flame (EP)Mastering
2015NeptuneMastering
2017SolMastering

Corrosive Elements

2015Toxic Waste BluesMastering

Creeping Fear

2021Hategod TriumphMastering

Crimson Dawn

2013In Strange Aeons...Mastering

Cronian

2006TerraMastering

Cut Up

2017Wherever They May RotMixing, Mastering

Cyan Bloodbane

2019Espíritu de luchaMastering

Daäth Shadow

2009Crowns for KingsMastering

Damnation Plan

2013The WakeningMixing, Mastering
2017Reality IllusionMixing, mastering

Dantalion

Dark Funeral

1994Dark Funeral (EP)Engineering, Mixing, Producer
2002Under Wings of Hell (Split)Producer
2013The Secrets of the Black ArtsEngineering (CD 2)

Dark Legacy

2017The Rejects (Single)Mastering
2019The RejectsMastering
2020Mister Babadook (Single)Mastering

Darken My Grief

2017BlightingalesMixing, Mastering

Darkened

2020Kingdom of DecayMastering

Darkified

1991Dark (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1992Sleep Forever... (EP)Producer, Mixing
1995A Dance on the Grave (Compilation)Engineering
2012Cthulhu Riseth - The Complete Works of Darkified (Compilation)Mastering, Liner notes

Darkness by Oath

2009Fear YourselfProducer, Mixing, Mastering

Darkrypt

2016Delirious ExcursionMastering

Dawn

1992Apparition (Demo)Engineering, Recording
1993Promotional Demo (Demo)Engineering, Recording
1994Nær sólen gar niþer for evogherEngineering, Mixing, Remastering
1994The Dark Light / The Eternal Forest (Split)Engineering, Mixing
2014The Eternal Forest - Demo Years 91-93 (Compilation)Remastering
2014Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy)Remastering

Dawn of Disease

2017Ascension GateMixing, Mastering

Dawn of Dreams

2012Angel Eyes (Single)Mixing, Mastering

Dead Man's Walk

2014Life Denied (EP)Mastering

Dead Sun

2013The Clockwise CharadeMixing, Mastering

Deadly Nights

2016Descend into MadnessMastering

Deadscape

2021The Brightest Light (Single)Mastering

Deathwhite

2020Grave ImageMastering

Decapitated Christ

Defleshed

1996Abrah KadavrahRecording (as "Dan "Noseghost" Swanö")

Deldrac

2016One Day More, One Day LessMastering
2019Against TyrannyMastering

Demised

2019The FallMastering

Demiurg

2007Breath of the DemiurgMastering, Producer, Mixing
2008The Hate ChamberMixing, Mastering, Producer
2010Slakthus GamlebyMixing, Mastering

Denial

Denominate

Desecration

2013Scorched EarthMastering

Desecration

2015Intravisceral Exhibition (Split)Mastering (track 3)

Desecravity

2019AnathemaMixing, Mastering

Deserted Fear

2012My EmpireMixing, Mastering
2014Kingdom of WormsMastering, Mixing
2017Dead Shores RisingMixing, Mastering

Desolat

2019Shareholder of crap (EP)Mastering
2020Songs of Love in the Age of Anarchy (EP)Mastering

Despise & Conquer

2009Promo 2009 (Demo)Mastering
2012InvasionMastering

Desultory

2011BitternessRemastering
2011Into EternityRemastering

Dew-Scented

1998InnoscentMixing, Mastering
2015InterminationMixing, Mastering

Diabolical Masquerade

1996Ravendusk in My HeartProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1997The Phantom LodgeProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1998NightworkProducer
2001Death's Design - Original Motion Picture SoundtrackEditing, Producer, Mixing

Disminded

2015Out of the AshesMixing, Mastering

Dispatched

1995Awaiting the End (EP)Producer

Dissection

1993The SomberlainEngineering
1995Storm of the Light's BaneEngineering

Dominanz

2019Let the Death EnterMastering

Domination Black

2012Dimension: DeathMastering

Dr. X

2016RebornMastering

DreamGod

1993A Shadowed Path of Dreams (Demo)Engineering, Mixing

Dzö-nga

2020Thunder in the MountainsMastering
2021The Sachem's TalesRemastering

Ecnephias

2013NecrogodMastering

Eden's Fall

2006Harmony of LiesMixing

Edge of Sanity

1991Nothing but Death RemainsMixing (as "Dan")
1992UnorthodoxMixing
1993The Spectral SorrowsEngineering, Mixing
1994Purgatory AfterglowEngineering
1996CrimsonEngineering, Mastering, Editing, Cover art concept
2003Crimson IIProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Songwriting
(show all)

Effloresce

2012Coma GhostsMixing, Mastering

Efpix

2021No More RemorseMastering

Elvenking

2019Under the Sign of a Black Star (Single)Mixing
2019Silverseal (Single)Mixing
2019Divination (Single)Mixing
2019Reader of the Runes - DivinationMixing
2021The Moon and Magic (Single)Mixing

Endarker

2016Among the Shadows (Compilation)Mixing, Producer, Recording (tracks 1-4)

Ene

2021Lang kald nattMastering

Entrails

2010Tales from the MorgueMixing, Mastering
2011The Tomb AwaitsMixing, Mastering
2013Raging DeathMixing, Mastering
2015ObliterationMastering, Mixing
2017World InfernoMixing, Mastering
2019Rise of the ReaperMastering, Mixing

Erevos

2009Adou Katavasis (Single)Mastering
2011Descensus ad InferosMixing, Mastering

Eschatos

2017Mære (EP)Mastering

Evadne

2012The Shortest WayMixing, Mastering

Evemaster

2010IIIMixing, Mastering

Everdawn

2021CleopatraMixing, Mastering

Evocation

2013Excised and Anatomised (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Evoke

1998Dreaming the RealityMixing, Producer

Exeloume

2011Fairytale of PerversionMixing, Mastering

Exhumation

1997Seas of Eternal SilenceProducer, Engineering

Fall from Reality

2009WithdrawalMastering

Fall of Serenity

2007The CrossfireMixing, Mastering

False Mutation

2019Upon the Throne of Baphomet (Demo)Mastering

Fermenting Innards

1995MystMixing, Engineering

Fervent Hate

2018Tales of Hate, Lust and ChaosMixing, Mastering

Fleshcrawl

1994ImpurityProducer, Engineering, Mixing

For Many Reasons

2013Make Your OwnMixing, Mastering

Fractal Gates

2013Beyond the SelfMixing, Mastering
2018The Light That ShinesMixing, Mastering

Fragments of Unbecoming

**** Off

2013Smile as You KillMastering

Fulmination

1992Through Fire (Demo)Recording
1993Promo 93 (Demo)Recording
2013Humanity's Dirge (Compilation)Recording (tracks 1.5-1.12)

Funerus

2011Reduced to SludgeMixing, Mastering
2015The Black Death (EP)Mixing

Gam

2019Crowned and RebornMastering

Gates of Ishtar

1997The Dawn of FlamesMixing, Engineering, Songwriting (keyboards)
2002The Dawn of Flames / At Dusk and Forever (Compilation)Mixing (disc 1), Engineering (disc 1), Songwriting (keyboards) (disc 1)

Ghostorm

1995Frozen in FireProducer, Mixing
1997Black BoxProducer

Glare of the Sun

2017SoilMastering
2019TheiaMastering

Glioblastoma

2017Glioblastoma (Demo)Mastering

Gloryful

2013The Warrior's CodeProducer
2014Ocean BladeMixing

Gluttony

2014Beyond the Veil of FleshMixing, Mastering

God Dethroned

2017The World AblazeMixing

Godgory

1994Demo-94 (Demo)Producer, Recording
1996Sea of DreamsProducer, Mixing
1996Shadow's DanceRecording, Editing
2001Sea of Dreams / Shadow's Dance (Compilation)Producer, Recording, Mixing

GodHateCode

2012WeltenschmerzMastering

Godsend

1993As the Shadows FallProducer, Mixing
1995In the Electric MistProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1997A Wayfarer's TearsProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Songwriting

Golem

Gorath

2008MisotheismMastering
2010MXCIIMastering

Gorement

1991Human Relic (Demo)Mixing, Producer, Engineering, Recording (as "Day DiSyraah")
1991Obsequies... (Demo)Producer, Recording, Engineering, Mixing
1992Into Shadows (EP)Producer, Recording, Engineering, Mixing
2012Within the Shadow of Darkness - The Complete Recordings (Compilation)Mastering

Grand Supreme Blood Court

2012Bow Down Before the Blood CourtMixing, Mastering
2014Imperial Anthems No. 15 (Split)Mixing

Grave Superior

2018Open Casket, Open Mouth (Single)Mixing
2019Maniacal Viral Infestation (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Gravecarver

2021Spectral CarnageMixing, Mastering

Graveyard

2009One with the DeadMastering

Grey Skies Fallen

2020Cold Dead LandsMastering, Mixing

Grieving Age

Grimorium

1990Dead Tales (Demo)Recording

Grind Zero

Guilty as Charged

2014Leap of FaithMixing, Mastering

Hackneyed

2015Inhabitants of CarcosaMastering

Hail of Bullets

2007Hail of Bullets (Demo)Mixing
2008...of Frost and WarMastering, Mixing
2009Warsaw Rising (EP)Mixing
2010On Divine WindsMastering, Mixing
2013III: The Rommel ChroniclesMixing, Mastering

Hallows Die

2009World of RuinMastering
2014A Serpent in Judecca (Single)Mastering
2021MasksMastering

Halothane

2018A False RealityMastering

Harasai

2010The I-ConceptionMixing, Mastering

Harvey Wallbanger

1992Sick Jar of JamProducer
1992Promo Tape 1992 (Demo)Engineering, Mixing

Hateful

Hearse

Heathenspawn

2017Heathenspawn (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Heavens Decay

Heavy Metal Perse

2012AikakirjatMastering

Heavyction

2018Hybrid Cognition (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Hel

2012Das Atmen der ErdeMixing

Hell City

2018Flesh & BonesMastering, Mixing

Hellcrawler

2016Sandstorm ChroniclesMastering

Helslave

2021Unholy Graves (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021From the Sulphur DepthsMixing, Mastering

Hereditary

2018SinMastering

Herfst

2012The Deathcult pt. I: An Oath in Darkness (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Hideous Deformity

High Spirits

2020Hard to StopMixing, Mastering (as "Dan")

Holocaustum

Hovmod

2019DoedsformasjonMastering

Human Cometh

2013Mayan LogicMastering, Mixing

Humangled

2010FractalMixing, Mastering
2012Odd Ethics (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2015Prodromes of a FlatlineProducer, Engineering

Hyems

Hypocrisy

200110 Years of Chaos and Confusion (Compilation)Engineering
2004The ArrivalLyrics (tracks 1, 3, 4, 7-9)

Idensity

2013ChroniclesMastering, Mixing

Ignightor

Illdisposed

2019Reveal Your Soul for the DeadMastering, Mixing

Immorgon

2015And Thus We RaidMastering

Immortal Rites

2007For Tyrant's SakeMastering

In Aeternum

2007Curse of Devastation (EP)Mastering

Incantation

2012Degeneration (Single)Mixing
2012Vanquish in VengeanceMixing, Mastering
2014Dirges of ElysiumMixing, Mastering
2016XXV (Compilation)Mixing, Mastering
2017Rotting Spiritual Embodiment (Live album)Remastering
2017Profane NexusMixing, Mastering
2020Sect of Vile DivinitiesMixing, Mastering

Incision

1991Perverted Possessions (Demo)Mixing (as "One and Only Explorer of Sadistic Nasal Sex")

Indian Fall

2009Seasons in EquilibriumMastering

Infected Chaos

2021Dead AestheticsMastering

Infest

2021PsychosisMastering

Infestdead

1996Killing Christ (EP)Producer, Engineering
1997Hell****Engineering, Producer, Mixing
1999JesuSatanComposition, Arrangements, Lyrics (track 2), Recording, Mixing
2007Darkcide / Infestdead (Split)Producer
2016Satanic Serenades (Compilation)Remastering

Ingrain

2015Aembers (EP)Mastering

Insomnium

2016Winter's GateMastering, Mixing

Interment

1992Forward to the Unknown (Demo)Engineering, Producer, Mixing
1994The Final Chapter (Demo)Engineering, Mixing, Producer
2010Where Death Will Increase 1991-1994 (Compilation)Producer

Isenmor

2020ShieldbrotherMastering

Jungle Rot

2018Jungle RotMixing, Mastering

Justabeli

Kaoteon

2011Veni Vidi VomuiMastering

Kaotik

2011Starving DeathMixing, Mastering
2015TormentMixing, Mastering

Karaboudjan

2001Sbrodj (EP)Recording, Mixing

Karlahan

2015ExileMixing, Mastering

Katatonia

1992Jhva Elohim Meth (Demo)Producer, Engineering, Mixing
1993Dance of December SoulsProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1995For Funerals to Come... (EP)Recording, Engineering, Mixing
1996Primordial / Katatonia (Split)Mixing, Producer
1996Brave Murder DayEngineering, Mixing
1998Saw You Drown (EP)Producer, Engineering, Mixing (track 4)
2003Viva EmptinessEditing (additional)

Kazjurol

2019Multi Dead WorldMastering (as "D. Swanö")

Kemwer

2017KemwerMastering
2018:Macht:Missbrauch: (EP)Mastering

Korseld

2021Dödens Dal (EP)Mastering

Lay Down Rotten

2009Gospel of the WretchedMixing, Mastering

Legacy of Brutality

2012Ad Bellum (EP)Mastering (tracks 1.1-4)
2019Realm of the Banished GodsMastering

Legacy of Emptiness

2011Legacy of EmptinessMixing, Mastering
2017Over the PastMixing, Mastering

Leukemia

1994Grey-Flannel SouledEngineering, Mixing, Lyrics (tracks 3, 6)
2012LoveMastering, Engineering

Liklukt

2007Into the Deep (Demo)Mastering
2013Bay of KingsMixing, Mastering

Lluvia

2015Eternidad solemneMastering

Lone Wanderer

2020The Faustian WinterMastering

Lucifer

1993Promo 1993 (Demo)Mixing, Recording

Luzbel

2019El retorno a la obscuridad (EP)Producer

Ma'anish

2015Under the Fig TreeMastering, Mixing

Magion

2010Close to EternityMastering

Malevolent Creation

2015Dead Man's PathProducer, Mixing
2019Release the Soul (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019The 13th BeastMixing, Mastering

Malicious Dream

2012SoilMixing, Mastering

Manifrest

1992Mind (Demo)Producer, Mixing

Marduk

1991**** Me Jesus (Demo)Mixing
1992Dark EndlessMixing, Engineering
1993Those of the UnlightMixing
1994Opus NocturneEngineering, Mixing
1995**** Me Jesus (EP)Mixing
1997Here's No Peace (EP)Engineering, Mixing
1999Those of the Unlight / Opus Nocturne (Compilation)Engineering, Mixing (tracks 9-17)

Masquerade

2017Soul DeceptionMixing, Mastering

Massacre

2021ResurgenceMixing, Mastering

Matalobos

Maze of Torment

1997The ForceProducer, Recording, Mixing (as "Dan "Fire****" Swanö")
2004Brave the Blizzard (Single)Producer

Mechanization

2016SolipsismMastering

Mefisto

Memory Garden

1994Blessed Are the Dead (EP)Producer
2013DoomainProducer, Mixing, Mastering
20211349Mixing, Mastering

Merciless

1994UnboundRecording, Mixing

Mercyless

2013Unholy Black SplendorMixing, Mastering

Merging Flare

2011ReverenceMastering

Metal Against Coronavirus

2021The First Line (Single)Mastering

Metamorpher

2018Becoming (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Mirrors of Obsidian

Misery Index

2018I Disavow (Single)Mastering, Mixing

Misery Speaks

2008Catalogue of CarnageMixing, Mastering

Mistweaver

2014Nocturnal BloodshedMastering, Mixing

Modern Funeral Art

2009Doom with a ViewMastering

Molested

2009Blod-draum (Compilation)Mastering (Disc 1: tracks 1-14)

Monsterworks

2017AlternātumMastering
2018Scale and ProbabilityMastering

Mordax

2012Violence, Fraud, TreacheryMixing, Mastering

Mordkaul

2021Dress Code: BloodMastering, Mixing

Mördrot

2018Immoral BlasphemiesMastering

Moredhel

2007MetamorphoseMixing

Morgoth

2012Cursed to Live (Live album)Mixing

Morgue

1992Gospel of Gore (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Engineering
1994In Articulo Morti (Demo)Mixing, Recording, Producer

Mörk Gryning

1995Tusen år har gått...Engineering, Mixing

Mosfet

Mother of Graves

2021In Somber Dreams (EP)Mastering

Motorjesus

2014Electric RevelationMixing, Mastering
2018King Collider (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Re-Ignite (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018The Damage (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Race to ResurrectionMastering, Mixing
2021Dead Rising (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021Hellbreaker (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021Car Wars (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021HellbreakerMixing, Mastering

My Own Grave

2008UnleashRemastering
2009NecrologyProducer, Mixing, Mastering

MyGrain

2011MyGrainMixing, Mastering
2013Planetary BreathingMastering, Mixing

Mytile Vey Lorth

2013MolochMastering

Naglfar

2020CereclothMastering

Nårdegaist

2018GaimaldMastering

Nasum

1993Who Shares the Guilt? / Blind World (Split)Engineering
1996Fuego y Azufre! / Smile When You're Dead (Split)Recording (tracks 6-13)
1998Inhale / ExhaleEditing, Pre-Mastering
2000Human 2.0Editing

National Napalm Syndicate

2014Lex Talionis (EP)Mastering

Nebulas

2017Those Who Belong to the MistMixing, Mastering

Necrochamber

2019Ceremonies for the DeadMixing, Mastering

Necrodemon

2017Que muera el perro Jesús!!! (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Necrofagore

Necrony

1991Severe Malignant Pustule (Demo)Mixing, Engineering
1991Mucu-Purulent Miscarriage (Single)Recording, Mixing
1993Pathological PerformancesMixing, Engineering
1994Promo Tape '93-'94 (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1994Necronycism: Distorting the Originals (EP)Engineering

Necrophiliac

Netherbird

Nevalra

2019Conjure the StormMixing, Mastering

Night in Gales

2011Five ScarsMixing, Mastering
2018The Last SunsetsMixing, Mastering
2020Dawnlight GardenMixing, Mastering

Nightingale

1995The Breathing ShadowRecording, Mixing, Cover concept
1996The Closing ChroniclesEngineering, Mixing
2000IEngineering
2003Alive Again: The Breathing Shadow Part IVEngineering, Mixing
2004InvisibleProducer, Recording, Mastering, Mixing, Engineering
2005Nightfall OvertureMastering, Engineering, Mixing
2007White DarknessEngineering, Mixing, Mastering
2014RetributionProducer, Mixing, Mastering
2017Rock Hard Live (Live album)Mixing, Mastering, Cover art, Layout

Nocturnal Hollow

Nocturne

2018The Burning SilenceMastering

Nominon

2007Terra NecrosisMastering (track 11)
2008Legiões em Portugal (EP)Mastering

Northern Crown

2020In a Pallid ShadowMastering

Noumena

2017MyrrysMixing, Mastering

Novembers Doom

2005The Pale Haunt DepartureMixing
2007The Novella ReservoirMixing
2009Into Night's Requiem InfernalMixing, Mastering
2011AphoticMixing, Mastering
2014Bled WhiteMixing, Mastering
2017HamartiaMixing, Mastering
2019Nephilim GroveMastering, Mixing

Novembre

1994Wish I Could Dream It Again...Recording
1996Arte NovecentoMixing, Recording
2016UrsaMastering, Mixing
2016Annoluce (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Obscure

2019Darkness Must PrevailMastering, Mixing

Oceana

2021The PatternMixing, Mastering

Oceans of Slumber

2020Oceans of SlumberMixing, Mastering

October Tide

1997Rain Without EndProducer, Engineering
2008Rain Without EndRemastering
2009Rain Without EndRemastering
2010Rain Without EndRemastering

Oddland

2012The Treachery of SensesMastering, Mixing

Odyssey

1999Odyssey (EP)Producer
2010Reinventing the PastProducer, Mixing, Mastering

Omago

2021DecrepitusMixing, Mastering

Omnium Gatherum

2008The RedshiftMixing, Mastering
2011New World ShadowsMixing, Mastering
2013BeyondMixing, Mastering
2015Skyline (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2016Grey HeavensMastering, Mixing
2018The Burning ColdMixing, Mastering

On Thorns I Lay

2018Aegean SorrowMixing, Mastering
2020ThrenosMixing, Mastering

Oniricous

2013Ritos diabólicosMixing, Mastering

Opeth

1995OrchidProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1996MorningriseProducer, Engineering, Mixing

Ophthalamia

1994A Journey in DarknessProducer, Engineering
1995Via DolorosaEngineering

Opus Irae

2015The Burden of Man (Single)Mastering

Ouija

2010Adversary (EP)Mastering

Out of Mind

1994Tears of the Society (Demo)Producer

Overflash

1993Threshold to RealityProducer, Engineering

Paganizer

2002Dead UnburiedMastering
2003Murder Death KillMastering
2004No Divine RaptureMastering
2005Deadbanger / Promoting Total Death / Dead Unburied / Warlust (Compilation)Mastering
2006Untitled / Chapel of Blood (Split)Mixing
2009Basic Instructions for Dying (Compilation)Mixing (track 3)
2012Carve: Stillborn Revelations and Revel in Filth (Compilation)Mastering (tracks 14-20)

Pain

2001Shut Your Mouth (Single)Engineering
2002Just Hate Me (Single)Engineering
2002Eleanor Rigby (Single)Engineering
2002Nothing Remains the SameEngineering
2005Nothing (Single)Co-producer

Pain of Salvation

2014Falling HomeMastering

Pan.Thy.Monium

1993KhaooohsRecording, Mixing
1996Khaooohs & Kon-fus-ionProducer (as "Day DiSyraah")

Passion for Sorrow

2014Rotting ImmortalityMastering

Pestilence

2015The Dysentery Penance (Compilation)Remastering
2016Reflections of the Mind (Compilation)Remastering
2017Hypnotic (Single)Mastering
2018HadeonMastering

Phantom Corporation

2016First Commandment (EP)Mastering
2018Cause and Effect (EP)Mastering

Pharaoh

2021The Powers That BeMastering

Pile of Priests

2020Pile of PriestsMixing, Mastering

Pitch Black

2012The Download EP (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Portal

Proboscis

1998StalemateProducer

Profaner

2010Signs of NineMastering

Proserpine

2009Human Machine (EP)Mastering

Pulse of Nebulae

2016Pulse of NebulaeMastering

Puteraeon

2017The Empires of Death (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2018The Dunwich Damnation (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2020The Sleeping Dread (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2020The Cthulhian Pulse: Call from the Dead CityMastering, Mixing
2021Bitter Loss (Single)Producer

Rage

2016My Way (EP)Engineering, Mixing (tracks 1, 4), Mastering (tracks 1, 4)
2016The Devil Strikes Again / Second to None (Split)Engineering
2016The Devil Strikes AgainEngineering, Mixing, Mastering
2017Seasons of the BlackMixing, Mastering

Raster Density

Re-Armed

2014RottendamMastering

Reckless Manslaughter

2011Storm of VengeanceMastering, Mixing
2013Blast into OblivionMixing, Mastering
2015Sermon of Ungodly Dreams (Split)Mastering (track 4)
2015Reckless Manslaughter / Witchtower (Split)Mastering (track 1)

Redshark

2019Evil Realm (EP)Mastering

Refuge

2018Solitary MenMixing, Mastering

Remnants of the Fallen

2013Perpetual Immaturity Redux (EP)Mastering

Revel in Flesh

2012DeathevokationMastering
2013Manifested DarknessMixing, Mastering
2014Death Kult LegionsMixing, Mastering
2016Emissary of All PlaguesMixing, Mastering
2019The Hour of the AvengerMixing, Mastering
(show all)

Ribspreader

2004Bolted to the CrossMastering, Mixing, Producer
2005Congregating the SickMastering
2006Vicar Mortis (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2006Rotten Rhythms and Rancid Rants (A Collection of Undead Spew) (Compilation)Mastering
2007Untitled / Dead As **** (Split)Mastering
2012Kult of the Pneumatic Killrod (And a Collection of Ribs) (Compilation)Mastering (disc 1, tracks 16-21), (disc 2, track 1-17), Mixing (disc 1, tracks 16-21), (disc 2, tracks 1-8)

Rituals

2018Neoteric Commencements (EP)Mastering
2020Invicta (EP)Mastering

Rogash

2014Supremacy UndoneMixing, Mastering
2016MalevolenceMixing, Mastering

Rotten Pope

2014Demo (Demo)Mastering
2016Rotten TunesMastering

Ruin

2005Ruin the World (Demo)Mixing, Mastering
2007Demo 2007 (Demo)Mixing

Rytmihäiriö

2010SurmantuojaMixing, Mastering
2013Todellisuuden mestariMixing, Mastering

S.G.R.

1994S.G.R. (EP)Producer

Sacramentum

1994Finis Malorum (EP)Producer, Mixing, Engineering
1996Far Away from the SunEngineering, Remastering
2020Far Away from the SunMastered for vinyl

Samchung

2014滅絶 (EP)Mastering

Sanguinary

1995Demo I (Demo)Producer, Mixing

Satanic Slaughter

2001The Early Years: Dawn of Darkness (Compilation)Recording

Scars

2014In Constant SufferingMastering
2015Heart of Emptiness (Single)Mastering

Scartown

Se, josta ei puhuta

2010Ne, joista ei puhutaMixing, Mastering
2011Musta, kylmä, syvä ja sameaMixing, Mastering

Sear Bliss

2009Forsaken SymphonyRemastering
2018Letters from the EdgeMastering

Secret Rule

2019The 7 EndlessMastering

Seminal Embalmment

2017Seminal EmbalmmentEngineering

Sentience

2014Beyond the Curse of Death (EP)Mastering

Sentient Horror

2016Ungodly FormsMastering
2018The Crypts Below (EP)Mastering
2019Call of Ancient Gods (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Loss of Existence (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Cemetery Slaughter (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Morbid RealmsMixing, Mastering
2021Till Death Do Us Rot (Single)Mastering
2022Rites of GoreMastering

Serpent

2016TrinityMastering

Shadowsphere

2006Hellbound HeartMixing, Mastering

Shed the Skin

2014Rebirth Through Brimstone (EP)Mixing
2016Harrowing FaithMixing, Mastering
2018We of ScornMixing, Mastering
2020The Forbidden ArtsMixing, Mastering

Shrouded in Darkness

2021Thrill of Fantasy (Single)Mastering
2021Under the Weeping Sky (Single)Mastering
2021Abyssum Abyssus InvocatMastering

Sin7sinS

2012Carnival of No TomorrowProducer, Mixing
2014Purgatory PrincessMixing, Producer

Skeletal Remains

2018Planetary Genocide (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Devouring MortalityMixing, Mastering
2020The Entombment of ChaosMastering, Mixing

Slithering Decay

2021Resurrected in Chaos (Single)Mastering
2021Aeons UntoldMastering

Sojourner

2018The Shadowed RoadMastering

Sol de Sangre

2019La senda de la muerte (Split)Mastering

Somnae

2010Forever More (EP)Mastering

Soul Dealer

2014A Price to PayMastering

Soul Sacrifice

2012Carpe MortemMixing, Mastering

Soulbreach

2007My Dividing LineMastering

Soulburn

2014The Suffocating DarknessMixing, Mastering
2015Imperial Anthems No. 17 (Split)Mixing, Mastering

Soulburner

SoulLine

2015Welcome My SunProducer, Mixing, Mastering
2018The DeepMixing, Mastering

Spectral Mortuary

2011Total DepravityMixing, Mastering

Stangala

2016KlañvMastering

Steel

1998Heavy Metal Machine (Single)Engineering

Steorrah

2015II: Thin White PaintMastering
2020Equinox Ritual | Ritual Inversion (Single)Mastering

Stonewall Noise Orchestra

2010Sweet Mississippi DealEngineering

Stormgrey

2015Pray.Crawl.SufferMixing, Mastering, Producer

Subterranean Masquerade

2015The Great BazaarMixing, Mastering

Sucking Leech

Supuration

2013CU3EMastering
2015Reveries...Mastering

Sworn

2018Dark Stars and EternityMastering, Producer, Mixing

Tales of the Tomb

2015Volume One: Morpras (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Terrorizer

2012Hordes of ZombiesMixing, Mastering

Thanatos

2009Justified GenocideMixing, Mastering
2013Angelic EncountersRemastering
2014Global PurificationMixing, Mastering
2020Violent Death RitualsMixing, Mastering

The person Within

The Bereaved

2009Daylight DeceptionMixing, Mastering

The Fallen Divine

2011The Binding CycleMixing, Mastering

The Foreshadowing

2012Second WorldMixing, Mastering

The Gardnerz

2010The System of NatureMastering

The Grief

2020Ascent (EP)Mastering
2020Descent (EP)Mastering
2020Horizon's Fall (Compilation)Mastering

The Grotesquery

The Lucifer Principle

2017Play DeadMixing

The Project Hate MCMXCIX

2000Cybersonic SuperchristProducer, Mixing (as "Mr. Dan Swanö")
2005Deadmarch: Initiation of BlasphemyRemastering (2008)
2005Armageddon March Eternal (Symphonies of Slit Wrists)Mixing, Mastering
2007In Hora Mortis NostræMixing, Mastering
2009The Lustrate ProcessMixing, Mastering
2011Bleeding the New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis in Manibus Armis)Mastering, Mixing
2014There Is No Earth I Will Leave UnscorchedMixing, Mastering
2017Of Chaos and Carnal PleasuresMixing, Mastering
2018Death Ritual CovenantMixing
2020PurgatoryProducer, Mixing
2021Spewing Venom into the Eyes of DeitiesMixing & Mastering

The Sickening

The Very End

2008Vs. LifeMastering

Theatre of Tragedy

1995Theatre of TragedyEngineering, Mixing
1996Der Tanz der Schatten (Single)Producer, Engineering, Mixing (track 3)
2020A Rose for the Dead (EP)Remastering

Them Vultures

2015Weird Tales (EP)Mixing, Mastering

These Are They

20141871 (EP)Mastering, Mixing
2014At the Feast of Seven FuneralsMixing, Mastering

Theudho

2011War into the World (EP)Mastering
2012When Ice Crowns the EarthMastering
2012Niðr ok Norðr (Single)Mastering
2013Níðing / Waelcyrge (Split)Mastering
2018De roep van het woudMastering

This Haven

2004Disexist (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2005My Year Zero (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2008Today a Whisper, Tomorrow a StormMixing

Thron

2017ThronEngineering

Thulcandra

2021A Dying WishProducer

Thundra

2009Ignored by FearMastering

Thy Final Pain

Tomb of Finland

2015Below the GreenMastering

Torture Division

(show all)

Total Death

2018Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart (EP)Producer, Mixing, Mastering

Total Terror

2009Total TerrorRecording, Mixing (track 1-20), Remastering (track 21-27)

Toxaemia

2010Buried to Rise: 1990-1991 Discography (Compilation)Remixing, Remastering (Disc 1)
2020Where Paths DivideMixing, Mastering

Toxic Hate

Traumatic

1991The Morbid Act of a Sadistic Rape Incision (EP)Recording, Layout

Trinity Site

2012Ex Inferis (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Tristitia

1996CrucidictionEngineering, Mixing

Typhonian

2021The Cosmic Pendulum of Time (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Unanimated

1995Ancient God of EvilEngineering

Unbounded Terror

2020Faith in ChaosMastering

Uncanny

1992Nyktalgia (Demo)Mixing, Producer
1993Uncanny / Ancient Rites (Split)Producer
1994Splenium for NyktophobiaEngineering

Under Black Clouds

1996As Darkness FallsRecording, Producer, Engineering, Mixing

Under Cold Sun

2017A New BeginningMixing, Mastering

Underground Groove Front

2014U.G.F.Engineering

Unicorn

1993Ever SinceEngineering, Lyrics (tracks 1, 2, 4, 6 - 10)
1995Emotional WastelandEngineering, Lyrics (tracks 1 - 5, 9)
2017A Collection of Worlds - ResurrectionEngineering

Vainaja

2011Kahleiden kantaja (Single)Mastering
2014KadotetutMastering
2016VerenvalajaMastering

Vecordious

2017Anthropogenic DeteriorationMixing, Mastering

Vendetta

2011Feed the ExterminationMastering, Mixing

Verdict

Victimizer

Vinterblot

2016Realms of the UntoldMixing, Mastering

Vinterland

1996Welcome My Last ChapterEngineering, Mixing

Vintundra

2012IsländskasagorMastering

Violated

2009Only Death AwaitsMastering

Voice of Winter

2016Childhood of EvilMastering

Voorhees

2020Chapter TwoMastering
2020Chapter TwoMastering
2021Chapter Two & a Half (EP)Mastering

Vulture

2015Humanity Is a Disease (EP)Engineering

Wake Arkane

2012The Black SeasonMastering, Mixing

Walküre

2019Irminsul (EP)Mastered

War****

2013NeantificationMastering
2018This Was Supposed to Be FunMastering

Wilderun

Will of the Ancients

2013To Our Glorious DeadMastering

Winds

2007Prominence and DemiseEngineering

Winds of Leng

2017Horrid DominionMixing, Mastering

Wintereve

2020October DarkMastering

Witherscape

2013The InheritanceMastering, Songwriting (tracks 1 - 9), Mixing
2014The New Tomorrow (EP)Mastering, Recording, Mixing
2016The Northern SanctuaryMastering, Mixing

Woebegone Obscured

2018The ForestroamerMastering

Wolf

2001Moonlight (EP)Mixing (track 4), Recording (track 4)

Wombbath

2013Internal Caustic TormentsRemastering

World Battering

2020World BatteringMastering

Wretched Soul

2016The Ghost RoadMastering

Zombie Eater

2018Slumberjack (EP)Mastering

Zombie Inc.

A Dreadful Decease

Mastering

Resurrection Guaranteed (Single)

Mastering

Homo Gusticus

Mastering

100 Years War

3 Dreams Never Dreamt

2013A Vanishing DayMastering

A Canorous Quintet

1995As Tears (EP)Producer, Engineering, Mixing
2018The Only Pure Hate MMXVIIIMastering

Abramelin

2020Never Enough SnuffMixing, Mastering

Abruptum

Abscession

2015Grave OfferingsMastering

Accu§er

2020AccuserMastering

Acheron

2014Kult des HassesMastering, Mixing

Acromizer

2015Spreading the PlagueMastering

Act of Worship

2012Temple of Marduk (EP)Mastering

Æolian

2020The NegationistMastering

Aeon

2007Rise to DominateMixing, Mastering

Aephanemer

2019ProkoptonMixing
2021A Dream of WildernessMixing

After All

2009Cult of SinMixing, Mastering
2010Betrayed by the Gods (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2011Becoming the Martyr (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2012Dawn of the EnforcerMixing, Mastering
2015Rejection Overruled (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2016Waves of AnnihilationMixing, Mastering
2017Restore to Sanity (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Against the Plagues

2010Decoding the MainframeRemixing, Remastering

Agora

2017Zona de silencio XVIIRemastering

Aiumeen Basoa

Algol

2012Complex ShapesMastering

Allegiance

1996Hymn till hangagudProducer, Mixing

Altar

1991No Flesh Shall Be Spared (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering, Layout
1992Ex Oblivione / The Fragile Concept of Affection (Split)Mixing (tracks 1-7), Co-producer (tracks 1-7)
2012Dark Domains (Compilation)Producer, Remastering

Ancient

1996The Cainian ChronicleProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1999Det glemte riket (Compilation)Co-producer (track 9)

Ancient Ascendant

2012Into the Dark (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2014Echoes and CinderMastering, Mixing

Ancient Emblem

2015Ancient Emblem / Hongo (Split)Mastering (Hongo side)

Angoixa

2021Distopia digitalMastering

Angrepp

2010WarfareMixing, Mastering

Another Life

2003Another Life (Demo)Producer
2008Memories from NothingRecording (drums, keyboards, lead guitars), Mixing, Mastering

Another Perfect Day

2010The Gothenburg Post ScriptumLyrics (track 3), Recording (vocals on track 3)

Antropomorphia

2019Merciless SavageryMastering

Apocryfal

2013Aberration of Mind (EP)Mastering

Apophis

2021ExcessMastering

Aposento

Arbitrator

2011The Consummate Ascendancy (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Arcanum Sanctum

2020Ad AstraMixing, Mastering

Ars Irae

2015Dunkle KlängeMastering

Arvas

2017Black PathMastering

As Light Dies

2010Ars Subtilior from Within the CageMixing, Mastering
2014The Love Album - Volume IMastering, Producer, Mixing
2015Gea (EP)Mixing, Mastering (track 4)

Asphyx

2009Death... The Brutal WayMixing, Mastering
2012DeathhammerMixing, Mastering
2016Incoming DeathMastering, Mixing
2017The RackMastered for vinyl (LP2)
2017The RackRemastering (CD2)
(show all)

Ava Inferi

2011OnyxMixing, Mastering

Avulsed

2013Ritual ZombiMastering
2013Revenant Wars (EP)Mastering
2015Altar of Disembowelment (EP)Mastering
2016DeathgenerationMastering

Azure Emote

2020The Third PerspectiveMastering

Baht

2012In My VeinsMixing

Banished from Inferno

2008Banished from Inferno (EP)Mastering
2011MinotaurMixing, Mastering

Barra Xul

2012In Darkness We WaitMastering
2019I'll Swallow Your Soul (Single)Mastering

Barren Earth

2009Our Twilight (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2010Curse of the Red RiverMixing, Mastering
2012The Devil's ResolveMixing, Mastering

Battlelore

2008The Last AllianceMixing, Mastering
2011DoomboundMixing, Mastering

Belzebubs

2018Blackened Call (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Pantheon of the Nightside GodsMixing, Mastering

Beyond Mortality

2013Infected LifeMastering

Blackshine

1996II (Demo)Engineering

Blastomycosis

Blazemth

2022The Return of LuciferMastering

Blodsrit

2003Ocularis InfernumMastering

Blood of Christ

2021Frozen Dreams (Demo)Remastering
2021The Lonely Flowers of Autumn (Demo)Remastering

Bloodbath

2000Breeding Death (EP)Engineering, Producer
2002Resurrection Through CarnageProducer, Engineering

Bloodgut

Bloodshed

2015Salvation by Bloodshed (EP)Remastering

Bloodstrike

2017Execution of ViolenceMastering

Blowback

2008Morning WoodMixing, Mastering
2009800 MilesMixing, Mastering

Bodyfarm

2019DreadlordMixing, Mastering

Book of Black Earth

2011The Cold TestamentMixing (as "Dan Swano")

Bucovina

2010Duh (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2013Sub steleMixing, Mastering (tracks 1-6)
2015NestrămutatMixing, Mastering

Burden of Grief

2010Follow the FlamesMixing, Mastering
2014UnchainedMastering, Mixing

Buried Realm

2017The Ichor CarcinomaMastering
2018The Ichor Carcinoma (Instrumental)Mastering
2019Temple Graveyard (Single)Mastering
2020Embodiment of the DivineMastering

Butcher ABC

2006Butchered Feast of Being (EP)Mastering

Carcaroht

1993Dragons Dawn (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1994Floating Souls (Demo)Recording

Carnal Savagery

2020Grotesque MacabreMastering
2021FiendishProducer

Carnation

2018Chapel of AbhorrenceMastering

Carpatus

2017Malus AscendantMastering

Carve

2004Revel in Human FilthMastering

Casket Feeder

2017Venomous Tongues (EP)Mastering

Cast the Stone

2018Empyrean Atrophy (EP)Producer

Cathartic

2020Ceremonial Resurrection (EP)Mastering

Cemetery

2019The Last Day on EarthMastering

Centinex

1994Transcend the Dark Chaos (EP)Producer
1996Malleus MaleficarumProducer (tracks 4-7)

Chaossworn

2010Chalice of Black Flames (Demo)Mastering
2010Chalice of Black Flames (EP)Mastering

Circle of Chaos

2010Black OblivionMastering

Coercion

1997Forever DeadEngineering, Mixing
1998DeleteEditing

Coffin Rites

2021Human EraseMastering

Cold Colours

2013Cold ColoursMastering
2014MMXIV (EP)Mastering
2017A Life Forlorn (Single)Mastering
2019NorthernmostMastering

Coldspot

2017SiebenMastering

Coldworker

2006The Contaminated VoidMixing
2007Pig Destroyer / Coldworker / Antigama (Split)Mixing
2008Rotting ParadiseMixing, Mastering
2009Coldworker / Deathbound (Split)Mixing, Mastering
2012The Doomsayer's CallMastering, Mixing

Come Back from the Dead

Communic

2011The Bottom DeepMastering

Contempt of the Light

Convictive

2021Konvergenz (Split)Mastering

Coraxo

2014Starlit Flame (EP)Mastering
2015NeptuneMastering
2017SolMastering

Corrosive Elements

2015Toxic Waste BluesMastering

Creeping Fear

Crimson Dawn

2013In Strange Aeons...Mastering

Cronian

2006TerraMastering

Cut Up

2017Wherever They May RotMixing, Mastering

Cyan Bloodbane

2019Espíritu de luchaMastering

Daäth Shadow

2009Crowns for KingsMastering

Damnation Plan

2013The WakeningMixing, Mastering
2017Reality IllusionMixing, mastering

Dantalion

Dark Funeral

1994Dark Funeral (EP)Engineering, Mixing, Producer
2002Under Wings of Hell (Split)Producer
2013The Secrets of the Black ArtsEngineering (CD 2)

Dark Legacy

2017The Rejects (Single)Mastering
2019The RejectsMastering
2020Mister Babadook (Single)Mastering

Darken My Grief

2017BlightingalesMixing, Mastering

Darkened

2020Kingdom of DecayMastering

Darkified

1991Dark (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1992Sleep Forever... (EP)Producer, Mixing
1995A Dance on the Grave (Compilation)Engineering
2012Cthulhu Riseth - The Complete Works of Darkified (Compilation)Mastering, Liner notes

Darkness by Oath

2009Fear YourselfProducer, Mixing, Mastering

Darkrypt

2016Delirious ExcursionMastering

Dawn

1992Apparition (Demo)Engineering, Recording
1993Promotional Demo (Demo)Engineering, Recording
1994Nær sólen gar niþer for evogherEngineering, Mixing, Remastering
1994The Dark Light / The Eternal Forest (Split)Engineering, Mixing
2014The Eternal Forest - Demo Years 91-93 (Compilation)Remastering
2014Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy)Remastering

Dawn of Disease

2017Ascension GateMixing, Mastering

Dawn of Dreams

2012Angel Eyes (Single)Mixing, Mastering

Dead Man's Walk

2014Life Denied (EP)Mastering

Dead Sun

2013The Clockwise CharadeMixing, Mastering

Deadly Nights

2016Descend into MadnessMastering

Deadscape

2021The Brightest Light (Single)Mastering

Deathwhite

2020Grave ImageMastering

Decapitated Christ

Defleshed

1996Abrah KadavrahRecording (as "Dan "Noseghost" Swanö")

Deldrac

2016One Day More, One Day LessMastering
2019Against TyrannyMastering

Demised

2019The FallMastering

Demiurg

2007Breath of the DemiurgMastering, Producer, Mixing
2008The Hate ChamberMixing, Mastering, Producer
2010Slakthus GamlebyMixing, Mastering

Denial

Denominate

Desecration

2013Scorched EarthMastering

Desecration

2015Intravisceral Exhibition (Split)Mastering (track 3)

Desecravity

2019AnathemaMixing, Mastering

Deserted Fear

2012My EmpireMixing, Mastering
2014Kingdom of WormsMastering, Mixing
2017Dead Shores RisingMixing, Mastering

Desolat

2019Shareholder of crap (EP)Mastering
2020Songs of Love in the Age of Anarchy (EP)Mastering

Despise & Conquer

2009Promo 2009 (Demo)Mastering
2012InvasionMastering

Desultory

2011BitternessRemastering
2011Into EternityRemastering

Dew-Scented

1998InnoscentMixing, Mastering
2015InterminationMixing, Mastering

Diabolical Masquerade

1996Ravendusk in My HeartProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1997The Phantom LodgeProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1998NightworkProducer
2001Death's Design - Original Motion Picture SoundtrackEditing, Producer, Mixing

Disminded

2015Out of the AshesMixing, Mastering

Dispatched

1995Awaiting the End (EP)Producer

Dissection

1993The SomberlainEngineering
1995Storm of the Light's BaneEngineering

Dominanz

2019Let the Death EnterMastering

Domination Black

2012Dimension: DeathMastering

Dr. X

2016RebornMastering

DreamGod

1993A Shadowed Path of Dreams (Demo)Engineering, Mixing

Dzö-nga

2020Thunder in the MountainsMastering
2021The Sachem's TalesRemastering

Ecnephias

2013NecrogodMastering

Eden's Fall

2006Harmony of LiesMixing

Edge of Sanity

1991Nothing but Death RemainsMixing (as "Dan")
1992UnorthodoxMixing
1993The Spectral SorrowsEngineering, Mixing
1994Purgatory AfterglowEngineering
1996CrimsonEngineering, Mastering, Editing, Cover art concept
2003Crimson IIProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Songwriting
(show all)

Effloresce

2012Coma GhostsMixing, Mastering

Efpix

2021No More RemorseMastering

Elvenking

2019Under the Sign of a Black Star (Single)Mixing
2019Silverseal (Single)Mixing
2019Divination (Single)Mixing
2019Reader of the Runes - DivinationMixing
2021The Moon and Magic (Single)Mixing

Endarker

2016Among the Shadows (Compilation)Mixing, Producer, Recording (tracks 1-4)

Ene

2021Lang kald nattMastering

Entrails

2010Tales from the MorgueMixing, Mastering
2011The Tomb AwaitsMixing, Mastering
2013Raging DeathMixing, Mastering
2015ObliterationMastering, Mixing
2019Rise of the ReaperMastering, Mixing

Erevos

2009Adou Katavasis (Single)Mastering
2011Descensus ad InferosMixing, Mastering

Eschatos

2017Mære (EP)Mastering

Evadne

2012The Shortest WayMixing, Mastering

Evemaster

2010IIIMixing, Mastering

Everdawn

2021CleopatraMixing, Mastering

Evocation

2013Excised and Anatomised (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Evoke

1998Dreaming the RealityMixing, Producer

Exeloume

2011Fairytale of PerversionMixing, Mastering

Exhumation

1997Seas of Eternal SilenceProducer, Engineering

Fall from Reality

2009WithdrawalMastering

Fall of Serenity

2007The CrossfireMixing, Mastering

False Mutation

2019Upon the Throne of Baphomet (Demo)Mastering

Fermenting Innards

1995MystMixing, Engineering

Fervent Hate

2018Tales of Hate, Lust and ChaosMixing, Mastering

Fleshcrawl

1994ImpurityProducer, Engineering, Mixing

For Many Reasons

2013Make Your OwnMixing, Mastering

Fractal Gates

2013Beyond the SelfMixing, Mastering
2018The Light That ShinesMixing, Mastering

Fragments of Unbecoming

**** Off

2013Smile as You KillMastering

Fulmination

1992Through Fire (Demo)Recording
1993Promo 93 (Demo)Recording
2013Humanity's Dirge (Compilation)Recording (tracks 1.5-1.12)

Funerus

2011Reduced to SludgeMixing, Mastering
2015The Black Death (EP)Mixing

Gam

2019Crowned and RebornMastering

Gates of Ishtar

1997The Dawn of FlamesMixing, Engineering, Songwriting (keyboards)
2002The Dawn of Flames / At Dusk and Forever (Compilation)Mixing (disc 1), Engineering (disc 1), Songwriting (keyboards) (disc 1)

Ghostorm

1995Frozen in FireProducer, Mixing
1997Black BoxProducer

Glare of the Sun

2017SoilMastering
2019TheiaMastering

Glioblastoma

2017Glioblastoma (Demo)Mastering

Gloryful

2013The Warrior's CodeProducer
2014Ocean BladeMixing

Gluttony

2014Beyond the Veil of FleshMixing, Mastering

God Dethroned

2017The World AblazeMixing

Godgory

1994Demo-94 (Demo)Producer, Recording
1996Sea of DreamsProducer, Mixing
1996Shadow's DanceRecording, Editing
2001Sea of Dreams / Shadow's Dance (Compilation)Producer, Recording, Mixing

GodHateCode

2012WeltenschmerzMastering

Godsend

1993As the Shadows FallProducer, Mixing
1995In the Electric MistProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1997A Wayfarer's TearsProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Songwriting

Golem

Gorath

2008MisotheismMastering
2010MXCIIMastering

Gorement

1991Human Relic (Demo)Mixing, Producer, Engineering, Recording (as "Day DiSyraah")
1991Obsequies... (Demo)Producer, Recording, Engineering, Mixing
1992Into Shadows (EP)Producer, Recording, Engineering, Mixing
2012Within the Shadow of Darkness - The Complete Recordings (Compilation)Mastering

Grand Supreme Blood Court

2012Bow Down Before the Blood CourtMixing, Mastering
2014Imperial Anthems No. 15 (Split)Mixing

Grave Superior

2018Open Casket, Open Mouth (Single)Mixing
2019Maniacal Viral Infestation (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Gravecarver

2021Spectral CarnageMixing, Mastering

Graveyard

2009One with the DeadMastering

Grey Skies Fallen

2020Cold Dead LandsMastering, Mixing

Grieving Age

Grimorium

1990Dead Tales (Demo)Recording

Grind Zero

Guilty as Charged

2014Leap of FaithMixing, Mastering

Hackneyed

2015Inhabitants of CarcosaMastering

Hail of Bullets

2007Hail of Bullets (Demo)Mixing
2008...of Frost and WarMastering, Mixing
2009Warsaw Rising (EP)Mixing
2010On Divine WindsMastering, Mixing
2013III: The Rommel ChroniclesMixing, Mastering

Hallows Die

2009World of RuinMastering
2014A Serpent in Judecca (Single)Mastering
2021MasksMastering

Halothane

2018A False RealityMastering

Harasai

2010The I-ConceptionMixing, Mastering

Harvey Wallbanger

1992Sick Jar of JamProducer
1992Promo Tape 1992 (Demo)Engineering, Mixing

Hateful

Hearse

Heathenspawn

2017Heathenspawn (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Heavens Decay

Heavy Metal Perse

2012AikakirjatMastering

Heavyction

2018Hybrid Cognition (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Hel

2012Das Atmen der ErdeMixing

Hell City

2018Flesh & BonesMastering, Mixing

Hellcrawler

2016Sandstorm ChroniclesMastering

Helslave

2021Unholy Graves (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021From the Sulphur DepthsMixing, Mastering

Hereditary

2018SinMastering

Herfst

2012The Deathcult pt. I: An Oath in Darkness (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Hideous Deformity

High Spirits

2020Hard to StopMixing, Mastering (as "Dan")

Holocaustum

Hovmod

2019DoedsformasjonMastering

Human Cometh

2013Mayan LogicMastering, Mixing

Humangled

2010FractalMixing, Mastering
2012Odd Ethics (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2015Prodromes of a FlatlineProducer, Engineering

Hyems

Hypocrisy

200110 Years of Chaos and Confusion (Compilation)Engineering
2004The ArrivalLyrics (tracks 1, 3, 4, 7-9)

Idensity

2013ChroniclesMastering, Mixing

Ignightor

Illdisposed

2019Reveal Your Soul for the DeadMastering, Mixing

Immorgon

2015And Thus We RaidMastering

Immortal Rites

2007For Tyrant's SakeMastering

In Aeternum

2007Curse of Devastation (EP)Mastering

Incantation

2012Degeneration (Single)Mixing
2012Vanquish in VengeanceMixing, Mastering
2014Dirges of ElysiumMixing, Mastering
2016XXV (Compilation)Mixing, Mastering
2017Rotting Spiritual Embodiment (Live album)Remastering
2017Profane NexusMixing, Mastering
2020Sect of Vile DivinitiesMixing, Mastering

Incision

1991Perverted Possessions (Demo)Mixing (as "One and Only Explorer of Sadistic Nasal Sex")

Indian Fall

2009Seasons in EquilibriumMastering

Infected Chaos

2021Dead AestheticsMastering

Infest

2021PsychosisMastering

Infestdead

1996Killing Christ (EP)Producer, Engineering
1997Hell****Engineering, Producer, Mixing
1999JesuSatanComposition, Arrangements, Lyrics (track 2), Recording, Mixing
2007Darkcide / Infestdead (Split)Producer
2016Satanic Serenades (Compilation)Remastering

Ingrain

2015Aembers (EP)Mastering

Insomnium

2016Winter's GateMastering, Mixing

Interment

1992Forward to the Unknown (Demo)Engineering, Producer, Mixing
1994The Final Chapter (Demo)Engineering, Mixing, Producer
2010Where Death Will Increase 1991-1994 (Compilation)Producer

Isenmor

2020ShieldbrotherMastering

Jungle Rot

2018Jungle RotMixing, Mastering

Justabeli

Kaoteon

2011Veni Vidi VomuiMastering

Kaotik

2011Starving DeathMixing, Mastering
2015TormentMixing, Mastering

Karaboudjan

2001Sbrodj (EP)Recording, Mixing

Karlahan

2015ExileMixing, Mastering

Katatonia

1992Jhva Elohim Meth (Demo)Producer, Engineering, Mixing
1993Dance of December SoulsProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1995For Funerals to Come... (EP)Recording, Engineering, Mixing
1996Primordial / Katatonia (Split)Mixing, Producer
1996Brave Murder DayEngineering, Mixing
1998Saw You Drown (EP)Producer, Engineering, Mixing (track 4)
2003Viva EmptinessEditing (additional)

Kazjurol

2019Multi Dead WorldMastering (as "D. Swanö")

Kemwer

2017KemwerMastering
2018:Macht:Missbrauch: (EP)Mastering

Korseld

2021Dödens Dal (EP)Mastering

Lay Down Rotten

2009Gospel of the WretchedMixing, Mastering

Legacy of Brutality

2012Ad Bellum (EP)Mastering (tracks 1.1-4)
2019Realm of the Banished GodsMastering

Legacy of Emptiness

2011Legacy of EmptinessMixing, Mastering
2017Over the PastMixing, Mastering

Leukemia

1994Grey-Flannel SouledEngineering, Mixing, Lyrics (tracks 3, 6)
2012LoveMastering, Engineering

Liklukt

2007Into the Deep (Demo)Mastering
2013Bay of KingsMixing, Mastering

Lluvia

2015Eternidad solemneMastering

Lone Wanderer

2020The Faustian WinterMastering

Lucifer

1993Promo 1993 (Demo)Mixing, Recording

Luzbel

2019El retorno a la obscuridad (EP)Producer

Ma'anish

2015Under the Fig TreeMastering, Mixing

Magion

2010Close to EternityMastering

Malevolent Creation

2015Dead Man's PathProducer, Mixing
2019Release the Soul (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019The 13th BeastMixing, Mastering

Malicious Dream

2012SoilMixing, Mastering

Manifrest

1992Mind (Demo)Producer, Mixing

Marduk

1991**** Me Jesus (Demo)Mixing
1992Dark EndlessMixing, Engineering
1993Those of the UnlightMixing
1994Opus NocturneEngineering, Mixing
1995**** Me Jesus (EP)Mixing
1997Here's No Peace (EP)Engineering, Mixing
1999Those of the Unlight / Opus Nocturne (Compilation)Engineering, Mixing (tracks 9-17)

Masquerade

2017Soul DeceptionMixing, Mastering

Massacre

2021ResurgenceMixing, Mastering

Matalobos

Maze of Torment

1997The ForceProducer, Recording, Mixing (as "Dan "Fire****" Swanö")
2004Brave the Blizzard (Single)Producer

Mechanization

2016SolipsismMastering

Mefisto

Memory Garden

1994Blessed Are the Dead (EP)Producer
2013DoomainProducer, Mixing, Mastering
20211349Mixing, Mastering

Merciless

1994UnboundRecording, Mixing

Mercyless

2013Unholy Black SplendorMixing, Mastering

Merging Flare

2011ReverenceMastering

Metal Against Coronavirus

2021The First Line (Single)Mastering

Metamorpher

2018Becoming (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Mirrors of Obsidian

Misery Index

2018I Disavow (Single)Mastering, Mixing

Misery Speaks

2008Catalogue of CarnageMixing, Mastering

Mistweaver

2014Nocturnal BloodshedMastering, Mixing

Modern Funeral Art

2009Doom with a ViewMastering

Molested

2009Blod-draum (Compilation)Mastering (Disc 1: tracks 1-14)

Monsterworks

2017AlternātumMastering
2018Scale and ProbabilityMastering

Mordax

2012Violence, Fraud, TreacheryMixing, Mastering

Mordkaul

2021Dress Code: BloodMastering, Mixing

Mördrot

2018Immoral BlasphemiesMastering

Moredhel

2007MetamorphoseMixing

Morgoth

2012Cursed to Live (Live album)Mixing

Morgue

1992Gospel of Gore (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Engineering
1994In Articulo Morti (Demo)Mixing, Recording, Producer

Mörk Gryning

1995Tusen år har gått...Engineering, Mixing

Mosfet

Mother of Graves

2021In Somber Dreams (EP)Mastering

Motorjesus

2014Electric RevelationMixing, Mastering
2018King Collider (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Re-Ignite (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018The Damage (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Race to ResurrectionMastering, Mixing
2021Dead Rising (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021Hellbreaker (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021Car Wars (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2021HellbreakerMixing, Mastering

My Own Grave

2008UnleashRemastering
2009NecrologyProducer, Mixing, Mastering

MyGrain

2011MyGrainMixing, Mastering
2013Planetary BreathingMastering, Mixing

Mytile Vey Lorth

2013MolochMastering

Naglfar

2020CereclothMastering

Nårdegaist

2018GaimaldMastering

Nasum

1993Who Shares the Guilt? / Blind World (Split)Engineering
1996Fuego y Azufre! / Smile When You're Dead (Split)Recording (tracks 6-13)
1998Inhale / ExhaleEditing, Pre-Mastering
2000Human 2.0Editing

National Napalm Syndicate

2014Lex Talionis (EP)Mastering

Nebulas

2017Those Who Belong to the MistMixing, Mastering

Necrochamber

2019Ceremonies for the DeadMixing, Mastering

Necrodemon

2017Que muera el perro Jesús!!! (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Necrofagore

Necrony

1991Severe Malignant Pustule (Demo)Mixing, Engineering
1991Mucu-Purulent Miscarriage (Single)Recording, Mixing
1993Pathological PerformancesMixing, Engineering
1994Promo Tape '93-'94 (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1994Necronycism: Distorting the Originals (EP)Engineering

Necrophiliac

Netherbird

Nevalra

2019Conjure the StormMixing, Mastering

Night in Gales

2011Five ScarsMixing, Mastering
2018The Last SunsetsMixing, Mastering
2020Dawnlight GardenMixing, Mastering

Nightingale

1995The Breathing ShadowRecording, Mixing, Cover concept
1996The Closing ChroniclesEngineering, Mixing
2000IEngineering
2003Alive Again: The Breathing Shadow Part IVEngineering, Mixing
2004InvisibleProducer, Recording, Mastering, Mixing, Engineering
2005Nightfall OvertureMastering, Engineering, Mixing
2007White DarknessEngineering, Mixing, Mastering
2014RetributionProducer, Mixing, Mastering
2017Rock Hard Live (Live album)Mixing, Mastering, Cover art, Layout

Nocturnal Hollow

Nocturne

2018The Burning SilenceMastering

Nominon

2007Terra NecrosisMastering (track 11)
2008Legiões em Portugal (EP)Mastering

Northern Crown

2020In a Pallid ShadowMastering

Noumena

2017MyrrysMixing, Mastering

Novembers Doom

2005The Pale Haunt DepartureMixing
2007The Novella ReservoirMixing
2009Into Night's Requiem InfernalMixing, Mastering
2011AphoticMixing, Mastering
2014Bled WhiteMixing, Mastering
2017HamartiaMixing, Mastering
2019Nephilim GroveMastering, Mixing

Novembre

1994Wish I Could Dream It Again...Recording
1996Arte NovecentoMixing, Recording
2016UrsaMastering, Mixing
2016Annoluce (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Obscure

2019Darkness Must PrevailMastering, Mixing

Oceana

2021The PatternMixing, Mastering

Oceans of Slumber

2020Oceans of SlumberMixing, Mastering

October Tide

1997Rain Without EndProducer, Engineering
2008Rain Without EndRemastering
2009Rain Without EndRemastering
2010Rain Without EndRemastering

Oddland

2012The Treachery of SensesMastering, Mixing

Odyssey

1999Odyssey (EP)Producer
2010Reinventing the PastProducer, Mixing, Mastering

Omago

2021DecrepitusMixing, Mastering

Omnium Gatherum

2008The RedshiftMixing, Mastering
2011New World ShadowsMixing, Mastering
2013BeyondMixing, Mastering
2015Skyline (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2016Grey HeavensMastering, Mixing
2018The Burning ColdMixing, Mastering

On Thorns I Lay

2018Aegean SorrowMixing, Mastering
2020ThrenosMixing, Mastering

Oniricous

2013Ritos diabólicosMixing, Mastering

Opeth

1995OrchidProducer, Engineering, Mixing
1996MorningriseProducer, Engineering, Mixing

Ophthalamia

1994A Journey in DarknessProducer, Engineering
1995Via DolorosaEngineering

Opus Irae

2015The Burden of Man (Single)Mastering

Ouija

2010Adversary (EP)Mastering

Out of Mind

1994Tears of the Society (Demo)Producer

Overflash

1993Threshold to RealityProducer, Engineering

Paganizer

2002Dead UnburiedMastering
2003Murder Death KillMastering
2004No Divine RaptureMastering
2005Deadbanger / Promoting Total Death / Dead Unburied / Warlust (Compilation)Mastering
2006Untitled / Chapel of Blood (Split)Mixing
2009Basic Instructions for Dying (Compilation)Mixing (track 3)
2012Carve: Stillborn Revelations and Revel in Filth (Compilation)Mastering (tracks 14-20)

Pain

2001Shut Your Mouth (Single)Engineering
2002Just Hate Me (Single)Engineering
2002Eleanor Rigby (Single)Engineering
2002Nothing Remains the SameEngineering
2005Nothing (Single)Co-producer

Pain of Salvation

2014Falling HomeMastering

Pan.Thy.Monium

1993KhaooohsRecording, Mixing
1996Khaooohs & Kon-fus-ionProducer (as "Day DiSyraah")

Passion for Sorrow

2014Rotting ImmortalityMastering

Pestilence

2015The Dysentery Penance (Compilation)Remastering
2016Reflections of the Mind (Compilation)Remastering
2017Hypnotic (Single)Mastering
2018HadeonMastering

Phantom Corporation

2016First Commandment (EP)Mastering
2018Cause and Effect (EP)Mastering

Pharaoh

2021The Powers That BeMastering

Pile of Priests

2020Pile of PriestsMixing, Mastering

Pitch Black

2012The Download EP (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Portal

Proboscis

1998StalemateProducer

Profaner

2010Signs of NineMastering

Proserpine

2009Human Machine (EP)Mastering

Pulse of Nebulae

2016Pulse of NebulaeMastering

Puteraeon

2017The Empires of Death (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2018The Dunwich Damnation (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2020The Sleeping Dread (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2020The Cthulhian Pulse: Call from the Dead CityMastering, Mixing
2021Bitter Loss (Single)Producer

Rage

2016My Way (EP)Engineering, Mixing (tracks 1, 4), Mastering (tracks 1, 4)
2016The Devil Strikes Again / Second to None (Split)Engineering
2016The Devil Strikes AgainEngineering, Mixing, Mastering
2017Seasons of the BlackMixing, Mastering

Raster Density

Re-Armed

2014RottendamMastering

Reckless Manslaughter

2011Storm of VengeanceMastering, Mixing
2013Blast into OblivionMixing, Mastering
2015Sermon of Ungodly Dreams (Split)Mastering (track 4)
2015Reckless Manslaughter / Witchtower (Split)Mastering (track 1)

Redshark

2019Evil Realm (EP)Mastering

Refuge

2018Solitary MenMixing, Mastering

Remnants of the Fallen

2013Perpetual Immaturity Redux (EP)Mastering

Revel in Flesh

2012DeathevokationMastering
2013Manifested DarknessMixing, Mastering
2014Death Kult LegionsMixing, Mastering
2016Emissary of All PlaguesMixing, Mastering
2019The Hour of the AvengerMixing, Mastering
(show all)

Ribspreader

2004Bolted to the CrossMastering, Mixing, Producer
2005Congregating the SickMastering
2006Vicar Mortis (EP)Mixing, Mastering
2006Rotten Rhythms and Rancid Rants (A Collection of Undead Spew) (Compilation)Mastering
2007Untitled / Dead As **** (Split)Mastering
2012Kult of the Pneumatic Killrod (And a Collection of Ribs) (Compilation)Mastering (disc 1, tracks 16-21), (disc 2, track 1-17), Mixing (disc 1, tracks 16-21), (disc 2, tracks 1-8)

Rituals

2018Neoteric Commencements (EP)Mastering
2020Invicta (EP)Mastering

Rogash

2014Supremacy UndoneMixing, Mastering
2016MalevolenceMixing, Mastering

Rotten Pope

2014Demo (Demo)Mastering
2016Rotten TunesMastering

Ruin

2005Ruin the World (Demo)Mixing, Mastering
2007Demo 2007 (Demo)Mixing

Rytmihäiriö

2010SurmantuojaMixing, Mastering
2013Todellisuuden mestariMixing, Mastering

S.G.R.

1994S.G.R. (EP)Producer

Sacramentum

1994Finis Malorum (EP)Producer, Mixing, Engineering
1996Far Away from the SunEngineering, Remastering
2020Far Away from the SunMastered for vinyl

Samchung

2014滅絶 (EP)Mastering

Sanguinary

1995Demo I (Demo)Producer, Mixing

Satanic Slaughter

2001The Early Years: Dawn of Darkness (Compilation)Recording

Scars

2014In Constant SufferingMastering
2015Heart of Emptiness (Single)Mastering

Scartown

Se, josta ei puhuta

2010Ne, joista ei puhutaMixing, Mastering
2011Musta, kylmä, syvä ja sameaMixing, Mastering

Sear Bliss

2009Forsaken SymphonyRemastering
2018Letters from the EdgeMastering

Secret Rule

2019The 7 EndlessMastering

Seminal Embalmment

2017Seminal EmbalmmentEngineering

Sentience

2014Beyond the Curse of Death (EP)Mastering

Sentient Horror

2016Ungodly FormsMastering
2018The Crypts Below (EP)Mastering
2019Call of Ancient Gods (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Loss of Existence (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Cemetery Slaughter (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2019Morbid RealmsMixing, Mastering
2021Till Death Do Us Rot (Single)Mastering
2022Rites of GoreMastering

Serpent

2016TrinityMastering

Shadowsphere

2006Hellbound HeartMixing, Mastering

Shed the Skin

2014Rebirth Through Brimstone (EP)Mixing
2016Harrowing FaithMixing, Mastering
2018We of ScornMixing, Mastering
2020The Forbidden ArtsMixing, Mastering

Shrouded in Darkness

2021Thrill of Fantasy (Single)Mastering
2021Under the Weeping Sky (Single)Mastering
2021Abyssum Abyssus InvocatMastering

Sin7sinS

2012Carnival of No TomorrowProducer, Mixing
2014Purgatory PrincessMixing, Producer

Skeletal Remains

2018Planetary Genocide (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2018Devouring MortalityMixing, Mastering
2020The Entombment of ChaosMastering, Mixing

Slithering Decay

2021Resurrected in Chaos (Single)Mastering
2021Aeons UntoldMastering

Sojourner

2018The Shadowed RoadMastering

Sol de Sangre

2019La senda de la muerte (Split)Mastering

Somnae

2010Forever More (EP)Mastering

Soul Dealer

2014A Price to PayMastering

Soul Sacrifice

2012Carpe MortemMixing, Mastering

Soulbreach

2007My Dividing LineMastering

Soulburn

2014The Suffocating DarknessMixing, Mastering
2015Imperial Anthems No. 17 (Split)Mixing, Mastering

Soulburner

SoulLine

2015Welcome My SunProducer, Mixing, Mastering
2018The DeepMixing, Mastering

Spectral Mortuary

2011Total DepravityMixing, Mastering

Stangala

2016KlañvMastering

Steel

1998Heavy Metal Machine (Single)Engineering

Steorrah

2015II: Thin White PaintMastering
2020Equinox Ritual | Ritual Inversion (Single)Mastering

Stonewall Noise Orchestra

2010Sweet Mississippi DealEngineering

Stormgrey

2015Pray.Crawl.SufferMixing, Mastering, Producer

Subterranean Masquerade

2015The Great BazaarMixing, Mastering

Sucking Leech

Supuration

2013CU3EMastering
2015Reveries...Mastering

Sworn

2018Dark Stars and EternityMastering, Producer, Mixing

Tales of the Tomb

2015Volume One: Morpras (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Terrorizer

2012Hordes of ZombiesMixing, Mastering

Thanatos

2009Justified GenocideMixing, Mastering
2013Angelic EncountersRemastering
2014Global PurificationMixing, Mastering
2020Violent Death RitualsMixing, Mastering

The person Within

The Bereaved

2009Daylight DeceptionMixing, Mastering

The Fallen Divine

2011The Binding CycleMixing, Mastering

The Foreshadowing

2012Second WorldMixing, Mastering

The Gardnerz

2010The System of NatureMastering

The Grief

2020Ascent (EP)Mastering
2020Descent (EP)Mastering
2020Horizon's Fall (Compilation)Mastering

The Grotesquery

The Lucifer Principle

2017Play DeadMixing

The Project Hate MCMXCIX

2000Cybersonic SuperchristProducer, Mixing (as "Mr. Dan Swanö")
2005Deadmarch: Initiation of BlasphemyRemastering (2008)
2005Armageddon March Eternal (Symphonies of Slit Wrists)Mixing, Mastering
2007In Hora Mortis NostræMixing, Mastering
2009The Lustrate ProcessMixing, Mastering
2011Bleeding the New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis in Manibus Armis)Mastering, Mixing
2014There Is No Earth I Will Leave UnscorchedMixing, Mastering
2017Of Chaos and Carnal PleasuresMixing, Mastering
2018Death Ritual CovenantMixing
2020PurgatoryProducer, Mixing
2021Spewing Venom into the Eyes of DeitiesMixing & Mastering

The Sickening

The Very End

2008Vs. LifeMastering

Theatre of Tragedy

1995Theatre of TragedyEngineering, Mixing
1996Der Tanz der Schatten (Single)Producer, Engineering, Mixing (track 3)
2020A Rose for the Dead (EP)Remastering

Them Vultures

2015Weird Tales (EP)Mixing, Mastering

These Are They

20141871 (EP)Mastering, Mixing
2014At the Feast of Seven FuneralsMixing, Mastering

Theudho

2011War into the World (EP)Mastering
2012When Ice Crowns the EarthMastering
2012Niðr ok Norðr (Single)Mastering
2013Níðing / Waelcyrge (Split)Mastering
2018De roep van het woudMastering

This Haven

2004Disexist (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2005My Year Zero (Demo)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2008Today a Whisper, Tomorrow a StormMixing

Thron

2017ThronEngineering

Thulcandra

2021A Dying WishProducer

Thundra

2009Ignored by FearMastering

Thy Final Pain

Tomb of Finland

2015Below the GreenMastering

Torture Division

(show all)

Total Death

2018Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart (EP)Producer, Mixing, Mastering

Total Terror

2009Total TerrorRecording, Mixing (track 1-20), Remastering (track 21-27)

Toxaemia

2010Buried to Rise: 1990-1991 Discography (Compilation)Remixing, Remastering (Disc 1)
2020Where Paths DivideMixing, Mastering

Toxic Hate

Traumatic

1991The Morbid Act of a Sadistic Rape Incision (EP)Recording, Layout

Trinity Site

2012Ex Inferis (EP)Mastering, Mixing

Tristitia

1996CrucidictionEngineering, Mixing

Typhonian

2021The Cosmic Pendulum of Time (EP)Mixing, Mastering

Unanimated

1995Ancient God of EvilEngineering

Unbounded Terror

2020Faith in ChaosMastering

Uncanny

1992Nyktalgia (Demo)Mixing, Producer
1993Uncanny / Ancient Rites (Split)Producer
1994Splenium for NyktophobiaEngineering

Under Black Clouds

1996As Darkness FallsRecording, Producer, Engineering, Mixing

Under Cold Sun

2017A New BeginningMixing, Mastering

Underground Groove Front

2014U.G.F.Engineering

Unicorn

1993Ever SinceEngineering, Lyrics (tracks 1, 2, 4, 6 - 10)
1995Emotional WastelandEngineering, Lyrics (tracks 1 - 5, 9)
2017A Collection of Worlds - ResurrectionEngineering

Vainaja

2011Kahleiden kantaja (Single)Mastering
2014KadotetutMastering
2016VerenvalajaMastering

Vecordious

2017Anthropogenic DeteriorationMixing, Mastering

Vendetta

2011Feed the ExterminationMastering, Mixing

Verdict

Victimizer

Vinterblot

2016Realms of the UntoldMixing, Mastering

Vinterland

1996Welcome My Last ChapterEngineering, Mixing

Vintundra

2012IsländskasagorMastering

Violated

2009Only Death AwaitsMastering

Voice of Winter

2016Childhood of EvilMastering

Voorhees

2020Chapter TwoMastering
2020Chapter TwoMastering
2021Chapter Two & a Half (EP)Mastering

Vulture

2015Humanity Is a Disease (EP)Engineering

Wake Arkane

2012The Black SeasonMastering, Mixing

Walküre

2019Irminsul (EP)Mastered

War****

2013NeantificationMastering
2018This Was Supposed to Be FunMastering

Wilderun

Will of the Ancients

2013To Our Glorious DeadMastering

Winds

2007Prominence and DemiseEngineering

Winds of Leng

2017Horrid DominionMixing, Mastering

Wintereve

2020October DarkMastering

Witherscape

2013The InheritanceMastering, Songwriting (tracks 1 - 9), Mixing
2014The New Tomorrow (EP)Mastering, Recording, Mixing
2016The Northern SanctuaryMastering, Mixing

Woebegone Obscured

2018The ForestroamerMastering

Wolf

2001Moonlight (EP)Mixing (track 4), Recording (track 4)

Wombbath

2013Internal Caustic TormentsRemastering

World Battering

2020World BatteringMastering

Wretched Soul

2016The Ghost RoadMastering

Zombie Eater

2018Slumberjack (EP)Mastering

Zombie Inc.

A Dreadful Decease

Mastering

Resurrection Guaranteed (Single)

Mastering

Homo Gusticus

Mastering

Accept

2010The Abyss (Single)Producer, Mixing, Mastering, Engineering
2010Blood of the NationsProducer, Mixing, Mastering, Engineering
2012Stalingrad: Brothers in DeathMixing, Producer, Mastering, Engineering
2014Blind RageMastering, Producer, Mixing
2017Restless and Live (Blind Rage - Live in Europe 2015) (Live album)Mixing
2017The Rise of Chaos (Single)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2017The Rise of ChaosProducer, Recording, Mixing, Mastering
2018Symphonic Terror - Live at Wacken 2017 (Live album)Mixing, Mastering
2021Too Mean to DieProducer, Mixing
Acrimony

1997Tumuli ShroomaroomProducer
Amon Amarth

2013Under the Influence (EP)Engineering, Mixing, Mastering, Producer
2013Deceiver of the GodsEngineering, Mixing, Mastering, Producer
2016Live at La Laiterie (Video)Mixing
2016JomsvikingRecording, Mixing, Producer
2016JomsvikingMixing (DVD)
2018The Pursuit of Vikings: 25 Years in the Eye of the Storm (Video)Interviewee (DVD1)
Annihilator

2007MetalEngineering
Arch Enemy

2001Wages of SinMastering, Mixing
2002Burning Angel (EP)Mixing (tracks 1-2 & 4), Mastering (tracks 1-2 & 4)
2003Anthems of RebellionProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2004Dead Eyes See No Future (Japanese Tour EP 2004) (EP)Producer, Engineer, Recorded live tracks & Mixed
2005Doomsday MachineMastering, Mixing
2006Live Apocalypse (Video)Mixing
2008Tyrants of the Rising Sun: Live in Japan (Live album)Mastering, Mixing
2009The Root of All EvilMixing, Mastering
2011Khaos LegionsMixing, Mastering
2017As the Stages Burn! (Live album)Mixing, Mastering
Artillery

1999B.A.C.K.Mixing
2000Jester (Single)Mixing
As I Lay Dying

2005Shadows Are SecurityMixing, Mastering
2006The Darkest Nights (Single)Remixing
2006A Long March: The First Recordings (Compilation)Mixing
2007An Ocean Between UsGuitar re-amping
Benediction

1998Grind personProducer
2001Organised ChaosProducer
Biomechanical

2005The Empires of the WorldsCo-Producer, Mixing, Mastering
Blaze

2000Silicon MessiahEngineering, Mixing, Producer
2002Tenth DimensionProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Photography
2004Blood & BeliefMastering, Engineering, Photography, Mixing, Producer
Blaze Bayley

2007Alive in Poland (Video)Producer
Cabala

1994Extracting the Knowledge (Demo)Recording, Mixing
1994Death Twitch (Demo)Producer
Caliban

2004The Opposite from WithinMixing, Mastering
2006The Undying DarknessMixing, Mastering
Carcass

2013Captive Bolt Pistol (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2013Surgical SteelMastering, Mixing
2013Zochrot (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2014Surgical Remission / Surplus Steel (EP)Mixing, Mastering
Cathedral

Chimaira

2007ResurrectionEngineering, Mixing
Consumed

1998Breakfast at Pappa's (EP)Engineering, Mixing
1999Hit for SixProducer, Recording, Engineering, Mixing
2002Pistols at DawnProducer, Engineering, Mixing
Cradle of Filth

2006ThornographyMixing, Mastering
2008Honey and Sulphur (Single)Producer, Mixing, Mastering, Engineering
2008Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder (The Life and Crimes of Gilles de Rais)Mastering, Producer, Engineering, Mixing
2010Darkly, Darkly, Venus AversaEngineering
Dååth

2007The HinderersRecording (additional)
Dearly Beheaded

1996Temptation / Between Night And Day (Single)Engineering
1996TemptationEngineering
Despised Icon

2007The Ills of Modern ManMixing, Mastering
2016BeastMixing, Mastering
DevilDriver

2007The Last Kind WordsMixing, Mastering
2009Pray for VillainsProducer (additional guitars), Mixing
2011Dead to Rights (Single)Mixing
2011BeastMixing, Mastering
Dew-Scented

2007IncinerateMastering (Disc 2, tracks 1 & 6), Mixing (Disc 2, tracks 1 & 6)
2007IncinerateMastering, Mixing
Dimmu Borgir

2010Gateways (Single)Mixing, Mastering
2010AbrahadabraMixing, Mastering
Dream Theater

2021A View from the Top of the WorldMastering, Mixing
English Dogs

1994Bow to NoneMixing assistant
1995All the World's a RageProducer, Mixing
Exodus

2004Tempo of the DamnedProducer, Mixing, Engineering, Mastering
2005Shovel Headed Kill MachineMixing, Mastering
2007The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit AProducer, Engineering, Mixing
2008Let There Be BloodMixing, Mastering
2010Exhibit B: The Human ConditionProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2014Blood In, Blood OutMastering, Engineering (drums), Tracking (drums), Mixing
2021Persona Non GrataMixing, Mastering
(show all)
Face of Anger

1999FacelessMixing, Producer, Engineering
Fall.Out

2006Eradication (Demo)Engineering
Fear Factory

2015GenexusMixing, Mastering
2021Aggression ContinuumMixing, Mastering
Fozzy

2000FozzyMastering, Mixing
2002HappenstanceMixing, Mastering
Godsend

1994Godsend (EP)Producer
Hecate Enthroned

1997The Slaughter of Innocence, a Requiem for the MightyEngineering, Producer, Mixing
Hell

2011Save Us from Those Who Would Save Us / On Earth as It Is in Hell (Single)Engineering, Producer, Mixing
2011Human RemainsMixing, Producer, Engineering
2013Curse & ChapterEngineering, Mixing, Producer
Hellfighter

2010Damnation's WingsEngineer, Mastering, Mixing, Producer
Holosade

2015Hell HouseMastering
Into Eternity

2006The Scattering of AshesMixing, Mastering
Iron Monkey

1997Iron MonkeyMixing, Producer, Recording
1998Our ProblemMixing, Producer, Engineering
1999We've Learned Nothing (EP)Producer, Engineering, Mixing (as "Andy "The Rock And Roll Doctor" Sneap")
1999We've Learned Nothing / Church of Misery (Split)Engineering, Mixing, Producer
Job for a Cowboy

2007GenesisMixing, Mastering
John Petrucci

2020Terminal VelocityMastering, Mixing
Judas Priest

2018Firepower / Breaking the Law (Single)Producer (Side A)
2018FirepowerProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
Kalisia

2009CybionEngineering (guitars)
Kataklysm

2015Of Ghosts and GodsMixing, Mastering
Kill II This

1996Kill II This (Demo)Producer, Mixing
1998DeviateMastering, Digital Editing, Mixing
2000TrinityProducer, Mixing, Mastering
Killswitch Engage

2002Roadrunner Roadrage 2002 (Split)Mixing (tracks 1 & 2)
2002Alive or Just BreathingMixing, Mastering
2004The End of HeartacheMixing, Mastering
2013Disarm the DescentMixing, Mastering
Kreator

2001Violent RevolutionProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2003Live Kreation (Live album)Engineering, Mixing
2003Live Kreation - Revisioned Glory (Video)Engineering, Mixing
2005Enemy of GodProducer, Engineering, Mixing
2008At the Pulse of Kapitulation - Live in East Berlin 1990 (Video)Remixing
2020666 - World Divided / Checkmate (Split)Producer
Lawnmower Deth

1987It's a Lot Less Bover than a Hover (Demo)Producer
1988Mowdeer (Demo)Producer
Living Sacrifice

2002Conceived in FireMixing, Mastering
2010The Infinite OrderMixing
Lock Up

1999Pleasures Pave SewersProducer, Engineering
2011Necropolis TransparentMixing, Mastering
Machine Head

1997The More Things Change...Mixing, Engineering
2000Year of the Dragon: Tour Diary Japan (Compilation)Mixing (tracks 2, 4, 5)
Masterplan

2002Enlighten Me (EP)Producer (1-5), Engineering (1-5), Mixing (4)
2003MasterplanProducer, Recording
2004Back for My Life (EP)Producer, Engineering
2005AeronauticsProducer, Engineering
Megadeth

2007United AbominationsProducer, Mixing, Engineering, Mastering, Recording
2009EndgameProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2011Th1rt3enEngineering
(show all)
Mindfeed

1997Perfect Life?Producer, Mixing
1998Ten Miles HighArrangements, Producer
Morhörr

2020Pach krvi (EP)Producer, Engineering
Napalm Death

1997Inside the Torn ApartMixing
1997Breed to Breathe (Split)Mixing
1997Breed to Breathe (Split)Mixing
Nevermore

2000Dead Heart in a Dead WorldProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2005Enemies of RealityRemixing, Remastering
2005Enemies of RealityRemixing, Remastering
2005This Godless EndeavorProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
2008The Year of the Voyager (Live album)Mixing
2010The Obsidian ConspiracyMixing, Mastering
2011Enemies of RealityRemixing, Remastering
Obituary

1998Dead (Live album)Mixing
Onslaught

2007Killing PeaceProducer, Mixing
2009Live Damnation (Live album)Mixing
Opeth

2002DeliveranceMixing
2003Lamentations - Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire (Video)Recording, Mixing
2006Lamentations - Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire (Live album)Recording, Mixing
Overkill

2016Mean, Green, Killing Machine (Single)Mixing
2017The Grinding WheelMixing, Mastering
2019The Wings of WarMixing, Mastering (track 11)
Panic Cell

Pissing Razors

1998Pissing RazorsEngineering, Producer
1999Cast Down the PlagueProducer, Engineering, Mastering
Race Against Time

2015Time Waits for No Man (Compilation)Executive producer
Revoker

2011Stay Down (Single)Mastering
2011Revenge for the RuthlessMastering
Rise to Addiction

2004Rise to Addiction (EP)Producer
2007A New Shade of Black for the SoulProducer, Recording, Mixing
Sabbat

2007DreamweaverRemastering
2007History of a Time to ComeRemastering
Saxon

2013SacrificeProducer
2013Unplugged and Strung Up (Compilation)Mastering, Remixing (tracks 1-4), Mixing (tracks 6, 8)
2014St. George's Day Sacrifice - Live in Manchester (Live album)Mixing, Mastering
2015Battering RamMastering, Engineering, Mixing, Producer
2016Let Me Feel Your Power (Live album)Mixing
2018ThunderboltProducer, Engineering, Mixing
2019Thunderbolt: The Singles (Boxed set)Mixing, Engineering
2021InspirationsTechnical adviser
2022Carpe DiemProducer, Recording (guitars)
Skin Limit Show

1995Walking Knife (EP)Producer
Skinlab

1997Bound, Gagged and BlindfoldedMixing, Producer, Engineering
1999Disembody: The New FleshProducer, Mixing
2002Revolting RoomAdditional tracking, Mixing
Soulfly

2005Dark AgesMixing (on "Seek'n'Strike (live)")
2008ConquerMixing
Spiritual Beggars

2002On FireMixing (tracks 2, 3, 6)
2005Live Fire! (Video)Mixing
Squealer

2002Under the CrossMixing
Stampin' Ground

2003A New Darkness upon UsProducer, Engineering, Mixing, Mastering
Tenet

2009SovereignMastering
Testament

1999The GatheringMixing, Engineering (additional), Mastering
2001First Strike Still DeadlyMixing
2008The Formation of DamnationRecording, Engineering, Mixing
2012Dark Roots of EarthRecording, Engineering, Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2016Brotherhood of the SnakeMixing, Mastering
2018The GatheringRemastering
2020Titans of CreationMixing, Mastering
(show all)
The More I See

2003Don't Look Now...I'm Living (EP)Producer, Mixing, Mastering
2004The Wolves Are HungryMixing, Mastering
2008The Unholy FeastMixing, Mastering, Tracking
The Scintilla Project

2014The HybridMixing, Mastering, Producer
Trivium

2005AscendancyMixing, Mastering
Unearth

2008The MarchMixing, Mastering
Wraith

2017RevelationMastering
Xentrix

2019Bury the PainRecording (drums), Producer, Mixing
Yellow Machinegun

Build & Destroy

Mastering

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #145 of 186

You may have a point.

Jan 11, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #146 of 186
What calibration are studios using if they aren’t standardized?

I don't know ... Because they are not standardised!

I can tell you that the monitoring levels in film dubbing theatres are calibrated to 85dBSPL = -20dBFS and the room response is calibrated to the "x-curve" because this calibration is standardised and TV dubbing theatres are calibrated to 78dBSPL, which is also a published standard. BUT, I can't tell you what a particular music studio is calibrated to, because music studios are not standardised. They have their own "house curve" (which is why it's called a "house curve", it's specific to the house/studio) and the monitoring level is whatever feels comfortable to whichever Producer is in that day.

They maybe do because on the projects listed below they wear many hats? Note how Andy Sneap basically does everything at times!
Yes, with some genres it's not uncommon to "wear many hats" or even all the hats in some cases (even more so with EDM than with metal for example), although generally the recording engineer is a separate role from the Producer and with some genres, this is virtually always the case (classical music for example). Wearing more hats is a long term trend to some degree, for example the role of mix engineer is very rare these days (in any genre), it tends to be done by the recording engineer or Producer, and the role of "Tape Op" effectively doesn't exist any more. However, what I wrote is still valid because ...
Also take note these two were actually the two main ones I was thinking about (when I made that post) beforehand. I didn't specifically look for people that were multitalented, I mean these are some of the best in the world right now, as far as Metal goes. There are more I could list, but (to me) those few have less of an original sound? And it's not expectation bias.............. as their recordings were noted to be special before I knew they were involved. These two are highly respected and bring their own sound to the table.
Yes but they "bring their own sound to the table" as Producers, etc., not solely as recording engineers. Note that it's very rare to be both the Producer and the Mastering Engineer of the same tracks, with any genre. One of the main points of using a mastering engineer is the employment of a fresh/objective, highly trained and experienced "set of ears". That important point is going to be lost if the Mastering Engineer is the same person as the Producer.
I'm not alone in my appreciation of them. I'm also not alone in feeling they both have their very own sound. Maybe the Metal world is different in that all the people I'm referring to are actual musicians and got their start as musicians?
The metal world is somewhat different, it's a rather specialised world with specific processing and production techniques that defines it as "metal". However, it's quite common for engineers "to get their start as musicians", I did for example and some music engineering schools require students to have proficiency on a musical instrument in order to apply.
Also they seem to know and understand the recording element they are in? At least the results offer unique proof of that?
All decent recording engineers know and understand the "recording element they are in" and those who wear fewer hats tend to know and understand better than those who wear many hats.

G

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #147 of 186
I think the studios I've worked in are all calibrated to the "x curve" then. Studios here in Los Angeles do both music and TV/movies. I've never heard a head engineer mention anything but the standard calibration.

Jan 11, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #148 of 186
Very interesting discussion :beerchug:
I honestly wish I could tell the difference any more.
But, once you hit your 60's, and/or catch something like Meniere's disease, you just can't tell.
So.
Similar to other aspects of life, good quality audio is for the young.
Who are ironically less able to afford it, than old farts like me. Who can't hear it.
I suppose the moral of my story is, enjoy your music while you can. ...

Jan 11, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #149 of 186
Very interesting discussion :beerchug:
I honestly wish I could tell the difference any more.
But, once you hit your 60's, and/or catch something like Meniere's disease, you just can't tell.
So.
Similar to other aspects of life, good quality audio is for the young.
Who are ironically less able to afford it, than old farts like me. Who can't hear it.
I suppose the moral of my story is, enjoy your music while you can. ...

Youth is wasted on the young; though, I have to say that good quality audio is for everyone with functioning ears, despite age-related degeneration of our hearing.

As a person that listens to music almost exclusively over speakers, I really don't have much interest in this Head-Fi site except to round-out my knowledge and keep up with this aspect of the industry.

What keeps me coming back to read more is @gregorio and a few other regulars that haunt this forum. There is so much knowledge and experience that is freely shared. All of these seemingly petty arguments and sometimes redundant back-and-forth exchanges have provided me with an invaluable layman's guide to a better understanding of a significant portion of digital audio from soup to nuts.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #150 of 186
I think the studios I've worked in are all calibrated to the "x curve" then. Studios here in Los Angeles do both music and TV/movies. I've never heard a head engineer mention anything but the standard calibration.
No, the only places that use the x-curve are film dubbing theatres/stages. Film dubbing theatres are very large compared to music studio control rooms, have full theatrical sound systems and don’t have live rooms for recording music. Here’s a famous example:
5FC8FAD1-DDB2-44D6-B21B-6031878C3A53.jpeg

TV dubbing theatres/mix rooms do not use the x-curve, they’re flat. Music studios are sometimes flat but more typically have a house curve that includes a bass boost.

A studio can’t do both music and TV/Film sound. The only places that can do that are the very large facilities which have a separate music studio and a theatrical dubbing stage. Skywalker Sound (above) being such an example.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back