Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?
Dec 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #61 of 571
Keep trying different tips and working on a technique. I agree no seal horrendous sound

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #62 of 571

Quote:

They definitely do not plug my ears and seal them as tight as you said. Maybe I do have the WEIRD ears. LOL.

Keep trying and working on how you insert them.  I doubt you have weird ears, it may just be that the Sony's are not for you (it happens to everyone, there will be a universal out there that doesn't fit you; it doens't mean you have weird ears).  It's hte specific IEM, not your ears.  If you can't get a seal, test another IEM.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #63 of 571

Quote:

They definitely do not plug my ears and seal them as tight as you said. Maybe I do have the WEIRD ears. LOL.

You may have to try different tips or even make a make shift tip by combining tips to get a seal. That is what I had to do with the EX1000 and just having to do this only made the deal saltier.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #64 of 571
I will try some other tips before I let the EX600 go for good.

For the moment, I just enjoy the beautiful music with the $5 headset. I feel like everything perfect for the piano, violin, cello, symphonies and the vocals I generally listen to. The sounds are genuine, balanced, dynamic, vivid, energetic and playful. I just don't know what happened or what's wrong with me. LOL. I can have the headset on my ears all day long without discomfort (except the metal part hurting one of my ears but soothed by the music).

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #65 of 571
My son has a Sony mdr-xb500. But I can't take it even for one minute. It's simply hollow and lifeless for classical music.

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #67 of 571

Quote:
I will try some other tips before I let the EX600 go for good.

For the moment, I just enjoy the beautiful music with the $5 headset. I feel like everything perfect for the piano, violin, cello, symphonies and the vocals I generally listen to. The sounds are genuine, balanced, dynamic, vivid, energetic and playful. I just don't know what happened or what's wrong with me. LOL. I can have the headset on my ears all day long without discomfort (except the metal part hurting one of my ears but soothed by the music).

You *have* to
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #68 of 571

Quote:
We need someone reviewing this headset and NOW ! xD

Make sure the headset is an OEM directly from Rim for the Blackberry. I do hope I will be proven wrong about the $5 sound quality, but for now this is the one which has been "perfectly" nursing my brain with the music.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #69 of 571
I went to a Brook Stone store today and tried the following displayed IEM's on my iPhone 4s:

Clear XL $39.99
Beats Tour $149.99
e3 Aluminum $59.99
e5 Wood $99.99

This becomes more interesting. None of these can match the sound quality of my headset earbuds. I know these IEM's are not quality ones, but for my headset to beat all of them it tells me something - Many IEM's are not worth the money they are sold for.

While my EX600 is clearly much better than the four IEM's I tried today, it still does not match the SQ brought by my headset. I will let the EX600 go.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #70 of 571
I honestly think you aren't getting a proper seal with any of the IEMs you're using right now...  Without the seal, no IEM will sound better than your earbuds.  It can also be that you prefer a mid-centered IEM vs a different signature (warmer, etc).  Try a pair of Etymotics :p 

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #71 of 571
Some of the IEM's I tried today actually have good seals in my ears than the EX600. I tried the EX600 again and again with the same song tracks on my iphone 4s. It just can't beat the headset.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #72 of 571
Or it could be that anything different than what you're accustomed to sounds worse to you. There can be psychology at play with these kinds of things.

I don't mean to come across as rude. I know you're new to IEMs. I suspect you might not be using them correctly. Whether that could be attributed to tip selection, not wearing them correctly, etc., I don't know. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but there's a bit of a learning curve with IEMs.

Or you could just prefer that sound signature. In that case maybe do as Tinyman suggests.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #73 of 571

Quote:
Or it could be that anything different than what you're accustomed to sounds worse to you. There can be psychology at play with these kinds of things.

I don't mean to come across as rude. I know you're new to IEMs. I suspect you might not be using them correctly. Whether that could be attributed to tip selection, not wearing them correctly, etc., I don't know. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but there's a bit of a learning curve with IEMs.

Or you could just prefer that sound signature. In that case maybe do as Tinyman suggests.

The "problem" is this headset just brings me the genuine, balanced and dynamic sound I really enjoys listening. I have this headset on my ears all day long and I never feel bored or uncomfortable.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #74 of 571

Quote:
The "problem" is this headset just brings me the genuine, balanced and dynamic sound I really enjoys listening. I have this headset on my ears all day long and I never feel bored or uncomfortable.

If you really like these headphones, then I will suggest staying with them. Since it seems that IEM's sound don't suit you very well. I tried those blackberry headphones before and I wouldn't even say they come close to the ex-600 though... not even the apple earbuds. But everyone has different ears. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #75 of 571

Quote:
If you really like these headphones, then I will suggest staying with them. Since it seems that IEM's sound don't suit you very well. I tried those blackberry headphones before and I wouldn't even say they come close to the ex-600 though... not even the apple earbuds. But everyone has different ears. 

The apple earbuds sound a little bit hollow. I would say the EX600 sound pretty close but the headset apparently outperforms the EX on some tracks I listen to. For listening to music for a long period of time like I do , I have to say the earbuds provide more comfort than sealing the ears for 8 hrs everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back