Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?
Dec 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #46 of 571
I remember I got a pair of cheap sony buds with my Sony Dap, and when I first put them in it was like WOW!! They were slammin. However after a short wile I realized I wasn't getting the detail, the highs, the layers and so on that I got with other higher tiers. But I DO remember that first feeling. Listening is an art that requires time. I think the fact that the OP realized he may not be a great listener at this time, actually makes him a good listener on his way

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #47 of 571

Quote:
But I find the apple earbuds to have even deeper bass than my already deep bass monster turbines. I guess that earbuds cannot give that kind of bass that IEMs have to offer, but the OP here obviously prefers the sound signature from earbuds more than IEMs. Unless maybe he gets to try others?

The apple ibuds are definitely pleasant sounding enough for a stock earbud, but I thought they nearly had no bass!

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #49 of 571
Yeah it maybe that he just needs to try a differnt IEM. I think the GR07 would be a very good choice for him, good sound stage, nice treble, nice mids and powerful deep bass. If he wants to take it to another level then go for FX700s. I just never liked the EX sound signature, thin with not much weight to the notes, excessive sibilance, very nice bass but not enough quantity.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #50 of 571
Sorry I have never heard bass at all with apple buds. Maybe I was putting them in wrong. I was so uspet with them I threw them away. GR07 would be a great place to start

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #51 of 571

Quote:
Sorry I have never heard bass at all with apple buds. Maybe I was putting them in wrong. I was so uspet with them I threw them away. GR07 would be a great place to start

I have heard bass on apple buds.  It's tiny and has absolutely no body.  Still has decent texture though. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #52 of 571

Quote:
It would be interesting to find out who made the buds for Blackberry. They may turn out to be very good in the first place. I could never get over what an upgrade my Senn mm500s were over the Apple buds that came with my ipod. Why did Apple not supply decent ones in the first place? It is not as if decent buds or IEMs are that expensive. Maybe Blackberry have gone one step further than Apple and specified decent buds?

If you are happy then I would keep what you have. It is a total audiophile myth that you have spend shedloads to get really good sound quality and upgradeitis always carries the risk that you can never find something you are happy with.

I would be interested in reading a review on this headset by an audiophile. The OEM headset was for Blackberry model 8310.

It's amazing its remote even works on my iphone 4s but not on my ipod (3G).

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #53 of 571

Quote:
Yeah it maybe that he just needs to try a differnt IEM. I think the GR07 would be a very good choice for him, good sound stage, nice treble, nice mids and powerful deep bass. If he wants to take it to another level then go for FX700s. I just never liked the EX sound signature, thin with not much weight to the notes, excessive sibilance, very nice bass but not enough quantity.

I think you have described pretty much what I felt about the EX600.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #54 of 571
Of course, if he isn't getting a fit so much that they're just falling out of his ears then he isn't hearing them the way they were intended anyway. You really hate the EXs LOL, bring it up in every post it seems. If the OP still wants to try IEMs, I'd recommend going with something cheap like the Monoprice 8320 or the Xeport 5010, maybe the JVC FX67. Wouldn't want you to spend $150+ only to realize you just prefer earbuds.

Quote:

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #56 of 571

Quote:
Then you ain't getting a seal. That's the only explanation if they're just falling out of your ears and you think they don't have as much bass as your earbuds.

+1 to this...  If you don't get a seal, you get very little bass, not only that, it's very tiny bass as well (without a body).  Treble tends to become sibilant as well without a good seal.  This doesn't just go for these IEMs, it goes for any IEM.  Which kinda' describes how one person felt about the the Sony's...  Maybe he has a bad seal?  If it is a bad seal, you really can't judge the IEMs now since you aren't hearing them like you should.  The only thing you can say is that they didn't fit right (You can't judge the sound if you have no seal; it'll sound like any other IEM without one...  Crap).

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #57 of 571

Quote:
Then you ain't getting a seal. That's the only explanation if they're just falling out of your ears and you think they don't have as much bass as your earbuds.

Selenium you would really have to hear the FX700s compared to the EX1000 to understand what I mean by how thin and lifeless the EX1000s sounds in comparison that is. Some people will like that thin sound (analytical) but I completely hate it. I like life and weight added to the notes. Just sounds much more natural and real. The EX1000s remind me more of an BA but with some better characteristics. Even the TF10s don't resemble BA sound.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #58 of 571

Quote:
+1 to this...  If you don't get a seal, you get very little bass, not only that, it's very tiny bass as well (without a body).  Treble tends to become sibilant as well without a good seal.  This doesn't just go for these IEMs, it goes for any IEM.  Which kinda' describes how one person felt about the the Sony's...  Maybe he has a bad seal?  If it is a bad seal, you really can't judge the IEMs now since you aren't hearing them like you should.  The only thing you can say is that they didn't fit right (You can't judge the sound if you have no seal; it'll sound like any other IEM without one...  Crap).

I didn't have a bad seal. I had a super, super tight seal with the makeshift tip I had to make in order to get a seal. It did help a bit with the sibilance but it was still very much their. Just I am sensitive to treble spikes and pick up on it easily while others may not (lucky for you folks). The EX1000 clearly has the treble spike in the lower region but its also not as bad as some of the other EX Offerings.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #59 of 571
But he thinks they don't have enough bass compared to his EARBUDS, not your FX700s. And they just fall out of his ears when he moves his head from side to side. The EX 'phones don't fall out once they're in if you're wearing them correctly and have a seal. Thus, he doesn't have a seal. It isn't a matter of sound-sig preference, it's a matter of fit. And I don't know what it is that he's doing, or isn't doing.

confused.gif

Quote:
Selenium you would really have to hear the FX700s compared to the EX1000 to understand what I mean by how thin and lifeless the EX1000s sounds in comparison that is. Some people will like that thin sound (analytical) but I completely hate it. I like life and weight added to the notes. Just sounds much more natural and real. The EX1000s remind me more of an BA but with some better characteristics. Even the TF10s don't resemble BA sound.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #60 of 571

Quote:
But he thinks they don't have enough bass compared to his EARBUDS, not your FX700s. And they just fall out of his ears when he moves his head from side to side. The EX 'phones don't fall out once they're in if you're wearing them correctly and have a seal. Thus, he doesn't have a seal. It isn't a matter of sound-sig preference, it's a matter of fit. And I don't know what it is that he's doing, or isn't doing.

confused.gif

They definitely do not plug my ears and seal them as tight as you said. Maybe I do have the WEIRD ears. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back