am i ripping my friend off?
Oct 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #17 of 35
I think you should charge him something. $50 feels like a purchase $40 feels like mates rates.

I wouldn't simply give them to him though, as a member mentioned he will appreciate them more.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 35
just an update to let you guys know that i let my friend try it and he actually kept it, didnt give it back yet though i dont mind. he said the sound quality is really really good and he may consider buying it, i told him the price is no issue, totally negotiable and i will start the price tag at $40.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 35
Make him pay..............................the placebo after paying the 50 will make the headphones sound 2X better.

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Well it's not just that. $50 is a decent price to buy a HF5. If he appreciates the HF5 and move on to other headphones, maybe he'll look back and realize how good a deal he got.

Sure, and while your at it, introduce him to Head-Fi.  Several years down the road, after your friend spends several thousand dollars on upgrading his initial $50 investment in a pair of HF5, he'll probably hate you for it
wink_face.gif

You know, the "Sorry about your wallet" and all that other stuff...

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #29 of 35
Sure, and while your at it, introduce him to Head-Fi.  Several years down the road, after your friend spends several thousand dollars on upgrading his initial $50 investment in a pair of HF5, he'll probably hate you for it :wink_face:

You know, the "Sorry about your wallet" and all that other stuff...

Spoken like a true victim of Head-fi! :smile:

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #30 of 35
When I started, I began preparing for multi-K purchases. Now I'm settling down with products with proven, documented track records, like the Objective 2 amplifier. Hah, and to think I had the Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire at one point...

My head-fi journey has been one of finding the best price/performance ratio and getting products that actually perform transparent to a professional specification, and learning which shady boutique audio company products to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back