Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?
Sep 27, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #16 of 22
Actually,Bay Bloor is charging $699.00 for them but they would have matched the price @ National Sound on Queen St.I was shocked that BBR would even consider a price match considering how aggressive they ve been in the past.

Glendale ,try National Sound on Queen St.I know that he doesnt have the RS-1 in stock,but Im sure he can get it.His pricing is fairly reasonable to.You may have some luck there.

Almost forgot,he does have a GS1000 but its insanely priced at $1225.00 or something close.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey Gil - thanks, but remember the Grado policy to not allow authorized distributors to sell outside their country. Mortalcoil - I'll have to check National out. if that was their price on the RS-2, then I can only assume their RS-1 price would be significantly less than the going average. Thanks for the tip!

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #18 of 22
Good luck on your quest.A good idea would be to ask National if they could order a couple of pairs so you could A/B them.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Hey Gil - thanks, but remember the Grado policy to not allow authorized distributors to sell outside their country. Mortalcoil - I'll have to check National out. if that was their price on the RS-2, then I can only assume their RS-1 price would be significantly less than the going average. Thanks for the tip!

ahh... didnt see you location.

Why not get a stateside head-fi'er to get them for you?

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Mortalcoil - congrats on the cans and definitely good work finding that price. At $580 I can guarantee you didn't go to Bay Bloor Radio!
blink.gif

My quest right now is finding RS-1s new, for less than $950!

This is the cheapest I've found RS-1s listed for in Canada. It sounds like National Sound might be selling them for cheaper than that, but Gramaphone is out of province for you, so you save the PST. They would be about $960 with tax and shipping from Gramaphone. Compare to about $845 from TTVJ if you have them shipped to an Amerifriend who doesn't underdeclare -- this includes shipping to you, tax, credit card exchange rate, and PayPal fees for your friend. Take off about $100 if your friend underdeclares. It may be worth calling Gramaphone to see if they will sell for less. I personally went the Amerifriend route.

Sep 27, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

but why does ttvj offers international shipping for their grado products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back