Am I doomed to own the K-701?
Jul 4, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 34
Ill gladly take them off of your hands!
smily_headphones1.gif

Or you could just sell them to me haha

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #19 of 34
Hmm, re-reading the OP, something just occurred to me. Whenever someone strongly criticises a pair of headphones, its often accompanied by the phrase 'They actually sounded faulty !'. What if UE got a pair of 'Monday morning specials' ? We all seem to work off the assumption that anything that costs this much must undergo strict quality checks, but that doesnt mean mistakes dont happen.

I'm not asking those who dislike AKG headphones to accept that its anything other than the 'true' sound of those phones that they dislike, merely putting it out there. My 601s are built like a tank, and it would be no mean feat to damage them in transit : certainly not impossible, though.

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, re-reading the OP, something just occurred to me. Whenever someone strongly criticises a pair of headphones, its often accompanied by the phrase 'They actually sounded faulty !'. What if UE got a pair of 'Monday morning specials' ? We all seem to work off the assumption that anything that costs this much must undergo strict quality checks, but that doesnt mean mistakes dont happen.

It took me around 15 seconds to figure out that you meant Uncle Erik and not Ultimate Ears...

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you package them well. i never understand how a working headphone can arrive not working.

If a shipper kicked, threw and super-speed delievered at every single step, a stuff inside of the box will broken, regardless of how things are wrapped.

Anyway, K701 are superior headphones, and you should keep them anyway (use of "doomed" is too impolite for such good headphones.) Recable may be a big surprise.....

biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #22 of 34
Uncle Erik, is it honestly that bad? You could do a good recable for them and get even more money back! But I would say give them another chance. I believe the K701 is probably one of the best dynamic headphones available.

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me around 15 seconds to figure out that you meant Uncle Erik and not Ultimate Ears...

Yeah, I was kinda wondering how Ultimate Ears got into the discussion.

This thread should've been labeled. Uncle Erik's Cursed K701s.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I was kinda wondering how Ultimate Ears got into the discussion.

This thread should've been labeled. Uncle Erik's Cursed K701s.

X2, lol.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like UPS.

What can brown do for you?

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #28 of 34
The youtube video on UPS made me cringe and angry. One guy who worked for UPS, had a manager tell him.. I'd rather have the package arrive on time and broken, then late and in working condition. Thats the service I want. Don't complain. It arrived on time!!

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The youtube video on UPS made me cringe and angry. One guy who worked for UPS, had a manager tell him.. I'd rather have the package arrive on time and broken, then late and in working condition. Thats the service I want. Don't complain. It arrived on time!!

UPS have automatic insurance coverage up to $100.00, maybe even more.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS have automatic insurance coverage up to $100.00, maybe even more.

Their insurance is a scam according to a lot of people. They blame you for the 'faulty' packaging, unless you have it wrapped at a UPS store, which is over priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back