Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 - BASS????
Sep 20, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by edba2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any other way to post there?

None. If you are serious about selling, try eBay or some other places.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #17 of 31
I believe I was the first to go the de-podding route....and always used a good amp.. Since then have gone to Klipsch Images, and UE Triple-Fi................ Now use depodded iM716 (Shure Softflex tips) in conjunction with 1st gen. iPod Shuffle. Actually, I have 2x of them - one is loaded with jazz, and the other with classical. It makes a very suitable combo - without additional amping.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 31
Maybe the earphones are not for me. don't know...

After reading so many threads I am not finding earphones with really good and deep bass.

Is there any model (sub 150€) with real bass?

What about the JVC FX-500? Can someone compare it with PORTAPRO?

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Maybe the earphones are not for me. don't know...

After reading so many threads I am not finding earphones with really good and deep bass.

Is there any model (sub 150€) with real bass?

What about the JVC FX-500? Can someone compare it with PORTAPRO?

I own Futuresonic's Atrio, they are a completely different animal when it comes to bass. It has the impact the IM716 doesn't, with a very natural feeling, like tiny subwoofers in your ears.

Sep 20, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 31
Found that if you are unsatisfied with the bass after the mentioned mods and adding an amp....

Experiment with different "films?" that are on the filters. Drawing paper was very nice for bass and still refined while wax paper was very surreal kind of sound. There are a ton of combos out there - just go to a local art shop.

Depodding is not hard. Wrap the solder points and then bunch into a thin round stick, then put a small portion of teflon tube (more for strength + lightweight vs. PVC pipe) in the center. Heat shrink over the whole thing. Should take no more than 30-45min to get it just right. feel free to pm me if you need assistance. It can be kind of daunting doing it the first time.

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #21 of 31
Just found the bass!!!
A pair of 3M Foam Ear Plugs and now I can hear the Bass!!!

Next step: DEPOD
wink.gif

(Not selling it anymore)

Sep 25, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Just found the bass!!!

wink.gif

(Not selling it anymore)

That first link I sent you to had all the answers - I didn't find the bass till they talked me into trying the Shure black foam tips, which I posted fixed it. Then we went on to discuss pods and amps...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 31
Right now I am trying to drill some 3M Foam Ear Plugs.
It is not easy
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #24 of 31
Where to find those Shure black foam tips, at good price?

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 31
BushGuy, what resistors values are you using for Jazz?

Oct 19, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Just found the bass!!!

wink.gif

(Not selling it anymore)

edba2000 or anyone else - are there any IEMs that the modded im716 remind you of? I'm thinking about buying modded pair but I'm worried about the bass. I like the Atrio M5 bass or just a bit less than that.

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #30 of 31
Breakankles, the 716's have a very nice sound when they have been depodded. The amount of bass will depend on the value of the resistors used. They have an etymotic sound about them, nicely detailed and good soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back