Alpha Omega IEMs Thread
Mar 26, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #121 of 179
Thanks my friend, but the week-end is still far away :)

The RA will be a commercial success for the following reasons:
  1. Customization options and incredible aesthetics.
  2. Ergonomics shells that will please audio enthusiasts with ears on the smaller size.
  3. Fun-Balanced tuning. The graph suggests a quite marked V/U-shaped tuning, but it's not the case. Bass, vocals and higher-frequency are very nicely tuned. The 7Khz peak allows a welcomed sense of clarity before the curve drops, making the treble smooth but not rolled-off.
  4. Correctly priced for what you get in terms of sound and built-quality.
  5. Nice cable and set of accessories (quality over quantity philosophy).
Btw, I paid the full retailed price for my RA.
Fantastic and i think you hit the nail on the head 👍
Once the orders start rolling in and some more reviews hit the interweb i think Clement & Crew will be busy bee's which I'm super excited about because Clement is a fantastic person to do business with 👍
Actually you can tell me now you have yours,?
One the website it says the cable is Gold plated Copper but in the review he says he thinks it's just SPC Cable!
What's your thoughts & option on this?
I keep meaning to ask Clement but always forget lol 🙄🤣
The weekend may be a way away but it is a long one we can all enjoy 🙏

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #122 of 179
Fantastic and i think you hit the nail on the head 👍
Once the orders start rolling in and some more reviews hit the interweb i think Clement & Crew will be busy bee's which I'm super excited about because Clement is a fantastic person to do business with 👍
Actually you can tell me now you have yours,?
One the website it says the cable is Gold plated Copper but in the review he says he thinks it's just SPC Cable!
What's your thoughts & option on this?
I keep meaning to ask Clement but always forget lol 🙄🤣
The weekend may be a way away but it is a long one we can all enjoy 🙏
Indeed, Clement is a fantastic individual to deal with. He and his team will get very busy in the coming weeks and months.

On the box, it says that the cable is a 4W gold-plated silver one. It comes in a 3.5mm plug as standard. Don't forget to ask for a 4.4mm one, provided you want it. The cable is of great quality and the 2pin are exactly the right resistance/tightness to them.

The RA, the cable and the package is of high quality.

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #123 of 179
Indeed, Clement is a fantastic individual to deal with. He and his team will get very busy in the coming weeks and months.

On the box, it says that the cable is a 4W gold-plated silver one. It comes in a 3.5mm plug as standard. Don't forget to ask for a 4.4mm one, provided you want it. The cable is of great quality and the 2pin are exactly the right resistance/tightness to them.

The RA, the cable and the package is of high quality.
Thank you for the clarification, i think Clement thought hard about all aspects of RA, being tuned warmer, bolder and bassy the Gold-plated Silver cable will suit it well.
Cannot wait for my set really excited.

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #124 of 179
From what I've seen he's thought of Everything....well apart from. . Using recessed pins on a flush mount iem. It's just my pet hate call me anal but I like my pin sleeve to sit flush on the iem to avoid a point of flex. Having broken 2pins because of the lever action recessed pins encourage.

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #125 of 179
Thanks my friend, but the week-end is still far away :)

The RA will be a commercial success for the following reasons:
  1. Customization options and incredible aesthetics.
  2. Ergonomics shells that will please audio enthusiasts with ears on the smaller size.
  3. Fun-Balanced tuning. The graph suggests a quite marked V/U-shaped tuning, but it's not the case. Bass, vocals and higher-frequency are very nicely tuned. The 7Khz peak allows a welcomed sense of clarity before the curve drops, making the treble smooth but not rolled-off.
  4. Correctly priced for what you get in terms of sound and built-quality.
  5. Nice cable and set of accessories (quality over quantity philosophy).
Btw, I paid the full retailed price for my RA.
Worth the hype, right? Ra is indeed special. 😍

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #126 of 179
Mar 27, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #127 of 179
From what I've seen he's thought of Everything....well apart from. . Using recessed pins on a flush mount iem. It's just my pet hate call me anal but I like my pin sleeve to sit flush on the iem to avoid a point of flex. Having broken 2pins because of the lever action recessed pins encourage.
You are NOT alone i have a serious pet hate regarding this.
Penon & ISN also do it and many others!!
I'm not sure why this is happening it's quite a simple design to implement properly, either recessed with a slight dip in the shell or a Flat 2-pin on a flat shell pretty standard!
I will chat to Clement about it but i don't think there is a way to rectify it with RA and the Included cable?
To be honest 99.9% of the time i change the cable on most IEM's, the only 2 monitors i was happy and did not replace the cable was my UM MEST MK2 and Juzear Clear.
Other than them i always change the cable and XINHS & IvipQ are my cable's of choice at present.
So fear not my friend you are not alone 😭

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #128 of 179
Our hobby is very special, sometimes we get some products that don't feel like they are worth the asking price, in fact, many products feel overpriced in the hobby. (Now don't get behind me with a bat lol).
But sometimes, we come across a product that feels absolutely worth the money. I am not talking about any budget option here, I am talking about the 600$ Alpha Omega Ra, a multi-driver hybrid set designed by a boutique brand in Malaysia.
This particular unit belongs to a good friend of mine, but it feels like he has to get a new one as I am keeping this one :)

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #129 of 179
Ordered mine. It's going to take a few weeks due to CanJam, so I have time to decide on what look I want. For now my default plan is to go with the forged carbon/gold flecks and the black and gold flecked shell, but I really love some of those other color combos such as that green @F700 has, specifically the shell that has a bit more white mixed into it. It's really hard to not go with something like that. Apparently it's difficult to do entire thing with the forged carbon because of the driver installation. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter as much if it's in the ear. I'm going to continue discussions with Clement to see if any other ideas crop up, but for now I'm kind of between the two looks I've mentioned.

Our hobby is very special, sometimes we get some products that don't feel like they are worth the asking price, in fact, many products feel overpriced in the hobby. (Now don't get behind me with a bat lol).
But sometimes, we come across a product that feels absolutely worth the money. I am not talking about any budget option here, I am talking about the 600$ Alpha Omega Ra, a multi-driver hybrid set designed by a boutique brand in Malaysia.
This particular unit belongs to a good friend of mine, but it feels like he has to get a new one as I am keeping this one :)

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

I love this too. I might use a black shell with such a faceplate but it looks great.

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #130 of 179
I
Ordered mine. It's going to take a few weeks due to CanJam, so I have time to decide on what look I want. For now my default plan is to go with the forged carbon/gold flecks and the black and gold flecked shell, but I really love some of those other color combos such as that green @F700 has, specifically the shell that has a bit more white mixed into it. It's really hard to not go with something like that. Apparently it's difficult to do entire thing with the forged carbon because of the driver installation. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter as much if it's in the ear. I'm going to continue discussions with Clement to see if any other ideas crop up, but for now I'm kind of between the two looks I've mentioned.

I love this too. I might use a black shell with such a faceplate but it looks great.
I am myself trying to keep this set for myself haha.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #133 of 179
Very interested in trying this set, will alpha omega be making an appearance in Canjam SG?
Clement should visit the Canjam. However they may not have a stall there. You will have to find the guys wearing Alpha Omega tshirts. 😃

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #134 of 179
1000081594-01.jpeg

1000081597-01.jpeg

Every day I am loving them more and more. The galaxy across the night sky looks just so elegant! And a peek at the internals through the transparent shell makes it all the more sweet!

Did a little comparison with the Aur Audio Neon Pro (bass switch on)
  • Neon Pro excels in details. The midrange and treble notes are audibly more well-defined, with more distinct details and a very tangible presence. They sound a bit bigger too. The treble has more energy and more extension also. The soundstage has excellent height and very good depth, but width seemed less to my ears. Imaging is spot on.
  • Ra has much better bass thanks to the dynamic driver - fuller, more fun, more natural timbre, and stronger presence. The midrange and treble notes are smoother and slightly smaller, and details are slightly less apparent. However, Ra sounds more grand. The soundstage is wider, similarly deep, and slightly less tall. The imaging is spot on, and the whole presentation is more three-dimensional and more spacious.
Thanks to @gadgetgod for lending me the Neon Pro for a while.

1000081601-01.jpeg

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #135 of 179
The RA have landed
Alpha Omega RA-9.jpg
Alpha Omega RA-7.jpg

Alpha Omega RA-3 - Copy.jpg
Alpha Omega RA-9.jpg
Alpha Omega RA-1 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back