Alpha Omega IEMs Thread
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #76 of 181
Should have a review unit shipped next week 👌

They look real solid from the measurement and driver configuration.

1000026595.png

This is a fresh graph

84df0e0f-7877-4cb5-bbae-c6109ffc6f07.jpeg

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #77 of 181
Mar 11, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #78 of 181
Hey guys, I have posted a review on Ra. Those who already has a pair and wanted to add in their own reviews in the future can do so as well. Anyway, hope my review helps =)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/alpha-omega-ra.27104/
Glad to see a review finally! Since it is impossible for me to audition the RA, I am not good at EQ at all but I EQed the hell out of my new Kiwiears Singolo just to have a taste of a pseudo RA. The first things come to mind are decent bass, pretty good slam, and especially rather upfront & clear clean vocal. But for a metalhead, the huge scoop at 500 hz does kinda affect the aggressiveness of extreme vocals and some instruments, still wondering should I pull the trigger... At the end, it's just a pseudo RA...

Crinacle.png

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #79 of 181
I don't know if the real RA is like my pseudo RA... extreme vocals just sound kinda thin to me...

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #80 of 181
I don't know if the real RA is like my pseudo RA... extreme vocals just sound kinda thin to me...
Like Linkin Park - Numb or SOTD - Chop Suey?

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #81 of 181
Like Linkin Park - Numb or SOTD - Chop Suey?
Mostly tech/progressive death metal and some deathcore lately, like Archspire, Cattle Decapitation, Mental Cruelty, Slaughter to Prevail, etc... I'm sure the real RA sounds better than my EQed Singolo due to driver limitation. I do agree with @n0varay 's description of bass and treble, I'm just not sure if the mid suits my preference.

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #82 of 181
A EQ'd Inexpensive DD is not going to sound like the real tribrid EST do something BA don't Do and Sonion BA are the best IMO for producing natural mids.

Good that you tried that curve but until you get ears on can you evaluate the true timbre of this IEM.

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #83 of 181
A EQ'd Inexpensive DD is not going to sound like the real tribrid EST do something BA don't Do and Sonion BA are the best IMO for producing natural mids.

Good that you tried that curve but until you get ears on can you evaluate the true timbre of this IEM.
You're right, I'll see if there is more review coming out probably in the next week. Still wondering... but tempting...

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #84 of 181
I've literally been dreaming about the RA ( ok I've just had 3 surgeries and been on some impressive drugs) I was sat upon a golden pyramid when RA the God placed a golden box in my lap, I opened it to find a pair of glimmering iems on a golden cable. I placed them on my ears and started levitating to the heavens. I need help I know but the excitement is real!

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #85 of 181
“Parking” from 2-5kHz and then dropping off is the style of Elysian Gaea. Done right, it can have exceptional clarity without the pain of treble peak.

I have no idea what that curve is called either 😂

Speaking as an Andro 2020 owner
Unfortunately i haven't tried any Elysian monitors they are a bit out of my price range but thanks for the rec👍
I am SOOO exited about RA, i have been looking for a Tri-brid in my price range which has this sort of FR for many years now but have never found one in my price range.
I am a huge Sub-Bass junky but also need all the benefits of EST & BA's to compliment a super strong low-end and other than the EE Bravado MK2 there isn't much else around,
so when i saw the FR Graph of RA i was instantly interested. The only thing that gave me pause was i had never heard of Alpha Omega BUT after talking chatting to @nihalsharma and then Clement the owner of Alpha Omega i knew i had nothing to worry about and put my order in for RA.
So, if any of you are on the fence due to it being a company you have not heard of have no fear Alpha Omega & Clement have been making Custom In-Ear Monitors for MANY many ears so you have nothing to worry about👍

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #86 of 181
“Parking” from 2-5kHz and then dropping off is the style of Elysian Gaea. Done right, it can have exceptional clarity without the pain of treble peak.

I have no idea what that curve is called either 😂

Speaking as an Andro 2020 owner
I corrected "Parking" to "Peaking" 😂 Lol
You are exactly right "High Clarity"
I am a super Basshead but also need minimal distortion & the purest clarity possible.
I think this is due to my eclectic mix of genres with some being very fast with many instruments like Vocal Drum & Bass for example , you need a strong low-end for bass,Kick & Snare but also need clarity for the Vocals to poke through & shine. You also need quality Treble for the intricate Hi-Hat patterns and ghost snares ect.. which is where EST drivers come into play.
This is why i absolutely adore Tri-brid's with a strong Sub-Bass, Sonion BA's for Mids and Sonion EST for Highs, they just give you everything 🥰
This is why RA was so interesting to me, it has one of if not the strongest Sub-Bass i have seen in a Tri-brid and all the other goodies mentioned above, and from what I've been told and the recent review i think RA could be my End-Game?
🤞

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #87 of 181
I am eagerly waiting for the RA to get some ear time with more peeps. I’m not interested in much else so I actually hope these aren’t good at all cuz I don’t need another set at all!! 😂

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #88 of 181
Hey guys, I have posted a review on Ra. Those who already has a pair and wanted to add in their own reviews in the future can do so as well. Anyway, hope my review helps =)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/alpha-omega-ra.27104/
Great review "@nOvaray" many thanks 👍
This is exactly how i hoped RA to be and cannot wait for mine to arrive.
I ended up going with the Carbon & Gold Flakes just like "@PeacockObscura"
They look just like my MEST MK2 which i absolutely loved the look of but not the sound so much so ended up selling them!
So am SUPER happy to get the MEST design with a sound more to my taste 😎🙏

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #89 of 181
I am eagerly waiting for the RA to get some ear time with more peeps. I’m not interested in much else so I actually hope these aren’t good at all cuz I don’t need another set at all!! 😂
No worries i will give my impressions here once they arrive,burned-in and a few hours listening.
I'm sure "@PeacockObscura" will also give his impressions and he has a very good ear.
You also have "@nOvaray" recent review which is also excellent.
So within the coming weeks be prepared to open your wallet 🤣 lol

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #90 of 181
I am eagerly waiting for Clement to make my set so stoked for this set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back