Alpha & Delta AD01
Aug 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #123 of 332
Just like @twister6 said - nice!

Love, love, love your Eddie avatar, btw!

Up the irons
beerchug.gif

Yes yes Book of Souls on the way. Wait for it. Up the irons!

Edit:
I've check out @twister6 photos. The bore of the tips I got isn't as wide as his. Maybe that's why the difference I heard is slight.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #124 of 332
I don't typically get along with biflanges but am looking forward to trying out single-flange wide-bore tips when I get these back. If I notice improvements like you and @twister6, I'll update my review.

Who knows, maybe Bob at Trinity will have some wide-bore foam-filled hybrid tips available soon. Sounds like those might be perfect for these!

@Tom22: Can you try taping over either vent hole and reporting back?

hey @nmatheis i hope its okay i use one of your pictures, as you marked it very clearly!

these are only preliminary findings but i found that the back vent i'll post a picture below

seems to skew the balanced toward the upper midrange-lower treble, making

the bass seems to lose some of its definition, and it becomes a bit more one- note.

but the presentation seems more closed

the vent near the nozzle i find it actually makes it more v shaped, the midbass gets more impactful but loses depth, the treble loses some of that smoothness,but trades that for a bit more "forwardness"

the bass here is very abundant, very punchy bassheads rejoice!

plugging both, makes the for for a congested sound.

id say its better to leave the ad01 in their stock form, unless your finding them still light on bass. its a cleaner listen

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #125 of 332
hey @nmatheis
i hope its okay i use one of your pictures, as you marked it very clearly!

these are only preliminary findings but i found that the back vent i'll post a picture below

seems to skew the balanced toward the upper midrange-lower treble, making

the bass seems to lose some of its definition, and it becomes a bit more one- note.

but the presentation seems more closed

the vent near the nozzle i find it actually makes it more v shaped, the midbass gets more impactful but loses depth, the treble loses some of that smoothness,but trades that for a bit more "forwardness"

the bass here is very abundant, very punchy bassheads rejoice!

plugging both, makes the for for a congested sound.

id say its better to leave the ad01 in their stock form, unless your finding them still light on bass. its a cleaner listen

Absolutely no problem using my pics, and thanks for reporting in!

I know tape mods are one of the most common for vented IEM, so now people know what to expect. Thanks for being the Guinea Pig :wink:

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #126 of 332
My review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/alpha-delta-ad01/reviews/13778

Enjoy...

L3000.gif

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #128 of 332

Agree on so much of your review hakushondaimao and wish I was as eloquent. Very nice!

One point if like to emphasize is that AD01 really do breathe life into older recordings. The enhanced bass adds a nice touch of warmth and fullness.

Conversely, I really don't understand why some reviewers recommend this type of sound signature for "modern" music, which is highly compressed and typically has bass levels cranked up quite high. This just gives bassy IEM + bassy music = too much bass! (IMHO, of course)

Anyhow, another great review hakushondaimao, and thanks again to TEOSJ for letting us test out your first IEM!

:beerchug:

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #129 of 332
Agree on so much of your review @hakushondaimao and wish I was as eloquent. Very nice!

One point if like to emphasize is that AD01 really do breathe life into older recordings. The enhanced bass adds a nice touch of warmth and fullness.

Conversely, I really don't understand why some reviewers recommend this type of sound signature for "modern" music, which is highly compressed and typically has bass levels cranked up quite high. This just gives bassy IEM + bassy music = too much bass! (IMHO, of course)

Anyhow, another great review @hakushondaimao, and thanks again to @TEOSJ for letting us test out your first IEM!

beerchug.gif

Thanks good sire. Glad you concur!

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #132 of 332
Aug 21, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #133 of 332
@TEOSJ: So when can we expect the AD02, and what will they bring us?

beerchug.gif

@nmatheis @hakushondaimao these are still early in development.  but the AD02 will feature the same detachable DC connectors, better designed housing, better packaging. sound signature wise is still not decided yet: I have 2 possible sound signatures at the moment: 1 that is technically accurate and the other one is more warm and smooth sounding. If I like both sound, you might even get a AD03 at the same time. :) 

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #134 of 332
@nmatheis
 @hakushondaimao
these are still early in development.  but the AD02 will feature the same detachable DC connectors, better designed housing, better packaging. sound signature wise is still not decided yet: I have 2 possible sound signatures at the moment: 1 that is technically accurate and the other one is more warm and smooth sounding. If I like both sound, you might even get a AD03 at the same time. :) 

Thanks for the info TEOSJ!

I vote for both :wink_face:

:beerchug:

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #135 of 332

@nmatheis @hakushondaimao these are still early in development.  but the AD02 will feature the same detachable DC connectors, better designed housing, better packaging. sound signature wise is still not decided yet: I have 2 possible sound signatures at the moment: 1 that is technically accurate and the other one is more warm and smooth sounding. If I like both sound, you might even get a AD03 at the same time. :) 

That would be a sight to see. Given the level of quality the AD01 has already brought to the table, a simple re-tune would definitely make them a very strong competitor in its price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back