Alpha & Delta AD01
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #136 of 332
That would be a sight to see. Given the level of quality the AD01 has already brought to the table, a simple re-tune would definitely make them a very strong competitor in its price bracket.

Great statement thatBeatsguy. I wholeheartedly agree!

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #137 of 332
  @nmatheis @hakushondaimao these are still early in development.  but the AD02 will feature the same detachable DC connectors, better designed housing, better packaging. sound signature wise is still not decided yet: I have 2 possible sound signatures at the moment: 1 that is technically accurate and the other one is more warm and smooth sounding. If I like both sound, you might even get a AD03 at the same time. :) 

Definitely vote for both, though if you only do one I'd go technically accurate.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #139 of 332
 Have begun my 7 days of listening and am on old Van Halen "And the Cradle will Rock"....Pink Floyd...very nice.

The sub bass on test tracks drops below typical hearing threshold (20hz)
I can say the sub bass on flat eq unamped goes all the way down.

** will go all in on bass check at the end of my time with em**

These are actually tuned really nicely. I pulled 500 down a notch and lifted 1k and 2k a tad more and BINGO. That's pretty minimal adjusts.

"I've been mad for ******* years, absolutely years, been
Over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

That spoken word section is a great red flag for a freq dip in early mids that will cause male vocals to sound hollow and the words will be almost not there or imperceptible . They sound perfectly clear. There seems to be a dip near 1-2k . I gotta note that the TTPOD-E have a 4.5 star rating and I am "A" "B"ing them with the Alpha & Delta and the AD01 seem to be superior to those in all manner

And that's it...

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #144 of 332
Will they survive the bassmastah's lab???

Catching everything I throw at it...
biggrin.gif

You mentioned life being breathed into old recordings.

Dark Side of the Moon sounds outstanding on these. Price to performance ratio is very much in favor of the buyer IMO. Grab em' n' go type IEM. no fuss no worries.

Good stuff!

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #146 of 332
@Hawaiibadboy: Eagles and Sabbath sounded mighty tasty with AD01. I'm wondering how you'll like them with more modern, bass heavy music.

Great actually. I was checking for fast guitar or slow acoustic issues and got stuck enjoying them before proceeding to the bread and butter
biggrin.gif

They play music with trap beats or Rap/Hip Hop really well. Wish they could handle more power but they are for the plug n' play crowd. They outta like these.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #148 of 332
@Hawaiibadboy: Enjoyed your review, btw
L3000.gif

Thanks @nmatheis
beerchug.gif

It's not like other reviews in design but I think that works good for everybody.  I really do need to pay more attention to the plug n play crowd. These fit them fine.  I was asked cuz I like bass but I listened to 70's classic rock more than anything else
tongue.gif
. They sound really nice and smooth for folks with a big collection of old masters put to vinyl originally. 

For anyone who stumbles in here ...your old rock acoustic or electric will sound really nice on these. Bass ....goes without saying....but they shine on more than that

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #149 of 332
[@=/u/389304/Hawaiibadboy]@Hawaiibadboy[/@]: Enjoyed your review, btw :L3000:

Thanks @nmatheis
:beerchug:

It's not like other reviews in design but I think that works good for everybody.  I really do need to pay more attention to the plug n play crowd. These fit them fine.  I was asked cuz I like bass but I listened to 70's classic rock more than anything else:p . They sound really nice and smooth for folks with a big collection of old masters put to vinyl originally. 

For anyone who stumbles in here ...your old rock acoustic or electric will sound really nice on these. Bass ....goes without saying....but they shine on more than that

I wholeheartedly agree with you about these shining with classic rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back