Alpha & Delta AD01
Aug 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #151 of 332

Thanks @nmatheis
beerchug.gif

It's not like other reviews in design but I think that works good for everybody.  I really do need to pay more attention to the plug n play crowd. These fit them fine.  I was asked cuz I like bass but I listened to 70's classic rock more than anything else
tongue.gif
. They sound really nice and smooth for folks with a big collection of old masters put to vinyl originally. 

For anyone who stumbles in here ...your old rock acoustic or electric will sound really nice on these. Bass ....goes without saying....but they shine on more than that

+100. My review was also focused on primarily '70s, and I thought they shone with the classics. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #152 of 332

Thanks @nmatheis
beerchug.gif

It's not like other reviews in design but I think that works good for everybody.  I really do need to pay more attention to the plug n play crowd. These fit them fine.  I was asked cuz I like bass but I listened to 70's classic rock more than anything else
tongue.gif
. They sound really nice and smooth for folks with a big collection of old masters put to vinyl originally. 

For anyone who stumbles in here ...your old rock acoustic or electric will sound really nice on these. Bass ....goes without saying....but they shine on more than that

+100. My review was also focused on primarily '70s, and I thought they shone with the classics. 

Yeah, I think they're much better with those than so-called modern music, most of which has horrible production values!

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #153 of 332
Aug 31, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #154 of 332
is there an online store that sells it and ships internationally

LMUE itself ships internationally, with Amazon warehouses in multiple locations around the world. It also happens to be the only seller of the AD01, given that Alpha & Delta is, if you didn't read, the in-house brand of LMUE.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #155 of 332
After over a month of being stuck in NYC customs, I finally got AD01 replacement cable.  Thank you @TEOSJ

As it was mentioned by all other AD01 reviewers, cable is a little bit softer in comparison to a stock all black cable, and the bi-color details of the copper wires showing through a transparent shielding look very cool, definitely "the look" of an upgraded cable.  You get the same 90deg connector, cylindrical y-splitter capsule with a chin slider that slides right into it, and 2mm DC connectors with a rubbery easy-grip housing and a nice strain relief.

The difference is in purity of the copper, where a stock cable has 18N purity versus replacement cable with 32N purity.  The price difference is about $10 plus change.  In terms of performance, sound signature stays the same BUT I noticed a slight improvement in low end where the bass sounds a little bit tighter due to a shorter decay.

If you are a looking for a noticeable sound improvement, this is not it.  But if you want a less springy and a more pro-looking cable or if your cable got damaged and you need to get a replacement - I would definitely go for this cable.  And if/when LMUE going to add more IEMs to their collection, hopefully keeping the same 2mm DC connector - I would just get AD0# with replacement cable for a variety.

Also hoping that Teo can look into other replacement cable wires, especially silver-plated ones.

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #159 of 332
Finally got the AD01 from lmue local shop. Quite surprisingly I don't find them to be that bass heavy at all unlike most of the review.. I mean, for sure they have elevated bass but still within the realm of balanced sound category IMHO. The Fidue A73 sounds bassier to me specially in the mid bass region where it has significantly more quanitity. I find most of the AD01's bass energy is focused in the sub bass region and it really shows in tracks with lots of low bass content.

The AD01 are marvelously clear and natural sounding for a warm sounding earphone. Superb tuning here. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #161 of 332
  Finally got the AD01 from lmue local shop. Quite surprisingly I don't find them to be that bass heavy at all unlike most of the review.. I mean, for sure they have elevated bass but still within the realm of balanced sound category IMHO. The Fidue A73 sounds bassier to me specially in the mid bass region where it has significantly more quanitity. I find most of the AD01's bass energy is focused in the sub bass region and it really shows in tracks with lots of low bass content.

The AD01 are marvelously clear and natural sounding for a warm sounding earphone. Superb tuning here. 

I would not as @nmatheis
pointed out ...call them balanced in the audiophile terminology however....the "there" sub-bass and smooth transition to mids with no scoop.... and no un natural late bass hump aaand a fairly smooth top end make these balanced in the sense that neither side is giving you too much or not enough.   I still call these my fave's for running right out the Note 4. Good stuff.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #162 of 332
@omastic: There's no way I'd call AD01 balanced. I don't think that was the intention, and the FR graphs show just how bass-enhanced AD01 are.

I guess it would depend on how one defines "balanced". I find them balanced in the sense that upper bass/mid bass stays out of the way of everything else pretty damn well, together with the fact highs have enough energy and mids are prominent enough to make clarity a plus point. A good example of what I would NOT call balanced - Future Sonics G10,  

Yes they are bass focused but the FR graph also shows energy is focused more in the sub bass relative to the mid bass. I always find mid bass is what makes most tracks sound "bassy", while sub bass is noticeable only with tracks with sub bass content. 

I would not as @nmatheis
pointed out ...call them balanced in the audiophile terminology however....the "there" sub-bass and smooth transition to mids with no scoop.... and no un natural late bass hump aaand a fairly smooth top end make these balanced in the sense that neither side is giving you too much or not enough.   I still call these my fave's for running right out the Note 4. Good stuff.

+1. I believe this is what I am trying to say. 

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #163 of 332

I agree on this. Measurement of FR is not necessarily relates well with our hearing. As I won't call many flat analytics IEMs with flat FR as balanced either. Our ears are not linear in frequency response, so I prefer to relate balance sound to live performance, which in many cases, have high bass energy. Even for classical performance, when sitting in front rows, the bass from double bass, timpani, cellos, etc have strong bass energy. That level of realistic bass is what I call balance, because it relates well with live performance. With that definition, I would call AD01 still within the threshold of balanced tonality, there is a tad emphasize on bass, but I won't call it bass heavy. I think as long as we clearly defined what it means by balanced to our ears, we don't have to have the same FR curve for balance sound. We hear things differently, what sounds balance for me is not necessarily balanced for others. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back