ALO The National is a work of art - check it!
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:
I have had my National for about two months now. Love it with the HD600 as well. The solo-r will be arriving this tuesday. Have not experienced the original solo and looking forward to this combo. Happy new year to all!

I was actually really tempted to get that same combo. Ended up just getting the National though. I'd love to hear what you think of the pairing.

I just got the new iphone because my old one stopped working, and now I don't have line out for my National. I'm so very upset...

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #32 of 43
I was actually really tempted to get that same combo. Ended up just getting the National though. I'd love to hear what you think of the pairing.

I just got the new iphone because my old one stopped working, and now I don't have line out for my National. I'm so very upset...

Will be glad to share.

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #33 of 43
After six months of owning the national, this beauty has opened up beautifully. For the price and craftmanship, a great amp to have. Has a different character and good pairing with my clas-r. Any national owners want to chime in and show their love?

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #35 of 43
I alternate weekly between the national and the pico power. Two different signatures. Both fun on its own.

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:
I meet people daily who are like: that thing kills for the money. It's true. It's the power that the National puts out that still has me dizzy after all this time. 

I'm thinking of getting this to power my Mad Dogs 3.2. Would you they are a good portable source to power those and other orthos ?

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #37 of 43
Has anyone compared the National to an O2?  I recognize the National has advantages in battery life and form factor that make it more portable - but curious on a performance/sound quality comparison if anyone has heard both and can share their thoughts.

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #38 of 43
Quote:
Has anyone compared the National to an O2?  I recognize the National has advantages in battery life and form factor that make it more portable - but curious on a performance/sound quality comparison if anyone has heard both and can share their thoughts.

I have both.  I hesitate to give you any kind of in depth explanation simply because it has been some time since I listened to either and I don't recall ever directly comparing the two.  From memory the two have drastically different sonic characteristics.  The National definitely has more low end and, to my ears has a darker quality to it while the O2 is just very neutral.  It really depends on what you like, or if you are like me, what you are in the mood for.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #40 of 43
May I know does anybody know how to connect ALO audio NATIONAL amp to Samsung S4?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #41 of 43
Hmmm..My old Arrow 12HE is has grown an intermittent input jack. Is it fate? I was thinking about a new arrow, but they are about the same price..and I'm really intrigued by the national....hmmmm..

Steve

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #42 of 43
I have to chime in with all of the people that love this amp. I initially bought the National to help realize grandiose visions of being able to take a pair of LCD-2's out on walks. While that plan didn't quite work out, the National has remained the amp for my portable rig, and will most likely be for the foreseeable future.

I have but one caveat regarding the National's design, though, one which will probably only matter to a handful of people out there. The toggle switch that turns the unit on and off happens to be situated right next to the output jack. This allows for headphones with specifically shaped right angle plugs, when connected, to turn off the unit if they spin around in the jack counterclockwise, especially if you're moving around a lot. Still, I'm reluctant to call it a design flaw, since there doesn't seem to be any other logical layout for something with such a small form factor, and seeing as how the vast majority of headphones have straight plugs anyways.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #43 of 43
How would you compare the National with the SR-71b or the Centrance Hifi-M8 just for the amps. I am having a difficult decision going with an Intruder or a SR-71b with a yet to be determined dac or the Centrnace Hifi M8. Then national at $300 sounds like a bargain comparatively and that savings could be put toward a dac. I have DT770 LEs and I am planning to order some ZMF balanced HPs. Eventually, I would like some LCD2s. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back