ALO Island good for desktop?
Jan 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mayorblurps

100+ Head-Fier
Let me start by saying I'm new here, new to hi fi, mid fi, etc. I'm looking into a desktop amp/DAC combo of some kind whether it's a sound card upgrade or an external setup. I've got my eyes on the ALO Island for the size and form factor as well as the price. Portability isn't really a concern. Reviews seem to paint a gorgeous picture for the island.

I currently have a set of m50s (overrated but my first foray into better sound) as well as some atrio mg7 iems. I do have some d2000s with 7000 cups on the way as well as a pair of ue900s. My current portable setup is the fiio e18, which I really like and is perfect for my needs. Soon I'm going to get some open cans, as I've never owned or heard them before.

Is the island a worthy option for me? Or should I consider a schiit stack or Asus sound card? Staying under 300 is my goal, since I'm not enough of an audiophile at this point to justify spending a ton on a desktop rig.

Feedback? Suggestions?

If I've posted in the wrong section, I apologize. Wasn't sure whether to post here or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back