Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman
May 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #76 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, Ken, have you seen this?
- Link -

This japanese guy managed to get a lineout cable out of the recording cable. I've tried to contact him (in english), but he doesn't seem to answer.

AFIK Ken has seen it. Also I had obtained a car charger unit that has a line out on it and as it has been confirmed on the A800 series the unit is locked where it requires external power(charging) to enable the line out.(It looks like Ken has tired the pinout configuration in that thread but, due to the fact it is locked Ken did the reaserch to bypass this and had gotten it to work.)

May 13, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #78 of 145
Well the model the guy has does not appear to be locked in the same way the A800 series is since the pin out configuration has been tried on the A800 series also.(It did not work, which lead to part of the conclusion that they have their line out locked on this preticular series)

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #79 of 145
Guess the plan is dead?

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #80 of 145
frown.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #83 of 145
From what I read in the original passage. It seems like making the dock is not that easy compared to iPod. If I'm not mistaken, other that connecting both the LR output, you need to short circuit pin number 8 and 10, this enables the player to recognize that a cable is connected. And the next thing you need is to connect pin number 9 to a resistor of a certain value and to GND pin number 1 and 22.(from the passage it seems that 100k(variable), 47k(fixed), 33k(variable), 22k(fixed), 15k(variable), 10k(variable), 4.7k(fixed) should work, I'm not good with electronic circuit thing but I think it means variable resistor and fixed resistor) 47,33,10,4.7 might be a good choice cause the other seems to be compatible with recording function too. I think its best to choose the one dedicated to line out only.

havent tried it myself, I got terrible soldering skill T_T

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #84 of 145
Mass produced LOD for Sony WM-PORT is here.
SUNTAC WS-12L
Specifically, it's USB power charge cable w/ lineout jack.
This LOD reportedly works as variable volume mode.

Web site of SUNCORPORATION (SUNTAC is their brandname) is
here. But there is no information about WS-12L in English.

If you want it, you should ask them.

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #85 of 145
I just got this SUNTAC delivered from Japan. And I can tell you that it is no good. I think it basically reroutes the hp out to the dock.

The SQ from the cradle with the proper line out is cleaner with less artifacts. To my ears this lod is basically the same thing as the hp-out.

I am still waiting for Ken to come up with a wonderful solution
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Ahmet

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #87 of 145
It's pretty damn hard to make a LOD for WM-PORT devices. The current best method is to take the WMC-NWR1 line-in cable, slice it open (long and tedious, requires skill to do while retaining cleanliness), and connect the right cables anrd resistors to the right pins. Some Japanese people have worked it out and it's available on the net.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #88 of 145
Just when I had given up all hope I managed to find a possible Sony whole connector that just might work! I have asked for some samples and will beging making the cable once I receive it. I will keep all posted from this thread. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back