Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman
Feb 15, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #46 of 145
I understand that companies wouldn't want 3rd party stuff to compete with their own accessories. And also the fact that they don't care for a small fraction of people really interested in high audio quality.
What I don't understand is that why do they cripple their own products to serve that end? For instance, why couldn't they create a simple line out that doesn't need AC power? That is totally dumb! This is a primitive feature, and the lack of it detracts from such a wonderful player.

Even though audiophiles may be a small minority, the purchasing influence of audiophiles is definitely huge. Alright, so you wouldn't keep purchasing the same stuff over and over, however, quality, reliability and no-nonsense design are factors that can make or break peoples' loyality over time.

Feb 15, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #47 of 145
I have the NWZ A818 and find it really good, but I haven't been able to pair it up with my Corda Move for lack of a line-out. I use IEM's and do not need higher output. And SQ wise I just can't get any improvement using headphone out. I also confirmed this with another person in a previous post.

Feb 15, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #48 of 145
hm...are you serious about the lack of SQ improvement? Then did I just waste 140euro on a headsix?

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #52 of 145
Update: Got the LOD figured out, I had to get some major assistance form a friend but it works. Next hurdle: I have to have a over molding made for the connectors. Sorry for the delay, please hold.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 6, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #53 of 145
Good news
smily_headphones1.gif
What a pity I sold my A816 for the iPod
redface.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #54 of 145
i'm wondering if the dock will suit A610 or even A820 series? Ken can answer my question?

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #55 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm wondering if the dock will suit A610 or even A820 series? Ken can answer my question?

Dont know yet. Sorry.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #56 of 145
YAY~1!

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #58 of 145
Ken,

Thanks for the update and all the work on the LOD. Definitely count me in for a purchase.

Regards - reynman

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #59 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

Thanks for the update and all the work on the LOD. Definitely count me in for a purchase.

Regards - reynman

Definitely count me in for a purchase too! Just bought A818 on sale from SonyStyle and would love to have the option to mate it w/ my headphone amps! I'm so surprised no one else is offering a high quality streamlined line out connector yet -- these things are selling like hotcakes as will the A820 series.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #60 of 145
wooooooo!

eric b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back