Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman

Discussion in 'ALO Audio Premier Sponsor Forum' started by basman, Dec 24, 2007.
First
 
Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10
Next
 
Last
  1. sk3383
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    The new ALO Teflon wire arrived and we are in the process of making the Sony LODs now.

    Specs are;

    Sony connector

    ALO Teflon Silver plated copper 24awg x 4 conductor cable, flat weave Teflon clear ultra glossy jacket

    Neutrik 3.5mm gold plug


    I am also making a Sony to RCA cable.

    I should have them up on the website next week.

    Ken





    Hey Ken,

    Will there be a new section created for the Sony LOD, or will it be under a sub category such as Cables, or possibly IPOD Cables???

    Just curious because I want to be able to quickly check if they have been added to the site. I really want to order one of these as soon as possible.


    Thanks,

    Shawn
     
  2. kiertijai
    Dear Ken,
    What is the best SQ of walkman used with this cable. I plan to use it with FLAC converted from ALAC. Can I use the balanced protector from Ray Samuels with it and what would be the best headphone that will be good for this. I listen to classical and symphonic metal 80% 20% jazz and audiophile recording?
    thanks,
    Kiertijai
     
  3. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hey Ken,

    Will there be a new section created for the Sony LOD, or will it be under a sub category such as Cables, or possibly IPOD Cables???

    Just curious because I want to be able to quickly check if they have been added to the site. I really want to order one of these as soon as possible.


    Thanks,

    Shawn




    Hey Shawn,

    There will be a new icon for the Sony Walkman, I plan on releasing a Walkman to RCA cable as well but for now there is the new "Sony Walkman" icon and the new cable HERE

    Thanks

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  4. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kiertijai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Dear Ken,
    What is the best SQ of walkman used with this cable.




    I am not a Walkman aficionado, perhaps someone else is better to answer I only have a S series.

    Quote:

    I plan to use it with FLAC converted from ALAC.



    Hmm I am not so sure the Walkman supports FLAC?


    Quote:

    Can I use the balanced protector from Ray Samuels with it



    if the RS amp has a mini input, which I think it does then yes


    Quote:

    and what would be the best headphone that will be good for this. I listen to classical and symphonic metal 80% 20% jazz and audiophile recording?



    Sorry not to be much help, this is a personal preference. The headphones I like you might not. My personal favorites are my ALO

    Modded Audio Technica W5000s
    Modded Ultrasone Edition 9s
    Sennheiser HD800s
    JH audio JH13s with the ALO JHaudio cable
    Grado RS1s

    Thank you,

    Ken

    Quote:




    thanks,
    Kiertijai



     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  5. KB Contributor
    Sony Walkman line out cable is done, click on photo to go to the page.


    [​IMG]
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  6. sk3383
    Hey Guys,

    Just received my ALO Sony Walkman Cable. Thought I would post some pictures connected to my Pico AMP/DAC. Works and sounds great!! A full review to come after extensive A/B'ing.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  7. KB Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hey Guys,

    Just received my ALO Sony Walkman Cable. Thought I would post some pictures connected to my Pico AMP/DAC. Works and sounds great!! A full review to come after extensive A/B'ing.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]





    Sweet! thanks for the photos!! what Walkman model do you have so I can keep track of all the confirmed models that "works"

    Ken
     
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.
     
    https://www.aloaudio.com/
  8. cheemo
    Sweet portable rig sk3383!
     
  9. cn11
    Ken-
    I can confirm it works great with the Sony X series. Photos tomorrow.
     
  10. sk3383
    Ken,

    I can confirm it works great with the Sony NWZ-A818 & A816
     
  11. sk3383
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sweet portable rig sk3383!



    Thanks Cheemo!! I am assuming that you have a Sony Walkman....thinking about getting the ALO Line Out Adapter???
     
  12. sk3383
    Hey Ken,

    You're welcome for the pictures. It was the least I could do...especially after the quick shipping.

    Thought I would do a little advertising for ya.....
     
  13. cheemo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Thanks Cheemo!! I am assuming that you have a Sony Walkman....thinking about getting the ALO Line Out Adapter???



    No, I don't have a Sony [​IMG]...yet...lol, just using my nano for the time being.
     
  14. cn11
    Here's a couple shots of my rig.


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  15. 7swell
    For those who have it, how does it compare to amping the hp out of the walkman? I just want to know if there is there an appreciable difference before I jump on this.
     
First
 
Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10
Next
 
Last

Share This Page