ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
Oct 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #151 of 202

AK 100 stock + ibasso DB 2 via optical cable + alo Rx 3 B or the intruder is one if the best AK 100 stock combo 

overal : more clear , more detail , has better tonal balance and better bass impact and very
             Clean deep bass.

Will this work with ak120 instead? What do I miss out if I skip the ibasso DB 2?

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #152 of 202
  I wonder if this will work:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter

In combination with something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8inch-USB-2-0-Micro-B-to-USB-Mini-B-Male-Male-Adapter-Cable-CablesOnline-AD-U38-/390625104778

Voteforpedro,

I have not tried this connector, if someone does let me know. I will order that connector in the meantime.

But the good news is you can use the Apple Lightning to USB cable and DA convert files off your iPhone or iPad using the Internationals internal DAC. We displayed 2 using iPad minis at the RMAF show swapping our peoples phones, worked great sounded awesome. 

Cheers.

KB

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #153 of 202
A little off topic, but would using the CCK also work with your PanAm DAC/Amp?

I guess I'm just curious if you tried...

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #156 of 202
Ken and Voteforpedro,
Have you had the opportunity to play further with adapters and cables? Any recommendation you'd be recommending for the agonising traveller? I have been using the CCK in the past but found it was not holding firm enough for me to carry an iPad 2 around.
Many thanks,
K.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #157 of 202
I have a new cable on order with Double Helix. I ordered their Symbiote Hybrid. I do hope the sound signature changes some in favor of a more bright sound without losing the warm bass. Since iOS 7 now works with the CCK and any USB amp, you aren't stuck with using your iPad 2, as an iPhone or iPod will now work as well. Just a heads up.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #158 of 202
Thank you Voteforpedro.
The news that we don't have to use the CCK, as per Ken's message and video is a fantastic news.
I was wondering if you had tried other lightning adapters, USB cables, to shorten the first set up shown by Ken on the video.
Many thanks,
K.

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #159 of 202
Hi Ken and voteforpedro,

i am using international as a dec/amp combo with CCK to my iPhone 4s.. and i noticed i have not use the balance input, and just use the usb input. do you have any idea that i could use the balance input with my iPhone?

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #160 of 202
Does anyone know what the difference between the International and the International+ is? The back seems different, but other than that, are there any internal changes? I haven't found anything on Google.

EDIT: I'm also trying to use this with an iPhone 5S  via CCK, and it's not working. I haven't received any error messages about power or anything, so I really don't know what's going on. Can anyone else confirm? It's the International+, by the way.

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #162 of 202
Well, I have an International+ right here. The back has two micro-USB ports (one for data, one for charging) and a balanced-in port. The front looks exactly the same as the original. And the iPhone issue is still present. Should I go for a Lightning-30pin-LOD solution instead?

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #163 of 202
What app are you using to play your hi res files?  The stock player will not play above 24/48 I believe...

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #165 of 202
Sooo.. it's real. I wonder what the full specs of the old International were....

http://www.aloaudio.com/amplifiers/the-international-plus-portable-amp-dac

By the way, I'm still not sure why my iPhone didn't register the DAC. Is this a 5s issue vs. 5? I'm gonna go for the LOD-to-amp solution instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back