ALO audio Continental Dual Mono
May 4, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #31 of 35
Hi everyone, I currently have a dap ( sony zx2 ) which I feel lacks in power to drive my iem ( jhaudio angie )

I want an amp, and I am new here so i am searching around for amps

Which amp has lots of power and great bass in its signature

Are there any ALO amps that are known to have more bass than others, my plan is to buy also a headphone that can handle lots of bass, which I do not know yet?

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #32 of 35
  Hi everyone, I currently have a dap ( sony zx2 ) which I feel lacks in power to drive my iem ( jhaudio angie )

I want an amp, and I am new here so i am searching around for amps

Which amp has lots of power and great bass in its signature

Are there any ALO amps that are known to have more bass than others, my plan is to buy also a headphone that can handle lots of bass, which I do not know yet?

Well, since you're in a SONY sub-forum, many have used the SONY connector dongle (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)  that connects the ZX-2 to an external DAC/AMP such as the PH-3 or many other DAC/AMPs such as the ALO CDM, CHORD MoJo, CHORD HUGO, etc.  There are many good options that can drive your Angies better than the ZX-2.

I have both the MoJo and the CDM and they sound a bit different with the CDM having more oomph and overall presence (this was when I had the ZX-2 - I no longer own it anymore).

Good luck!

CJ
:)

Feb 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #34 of 35
When I plug in my IEMs (3.5mm) and gradually being to increase the volume on the CDM, I hear it first only in the right monitor and as I keep turning volume begins to increase on the left, and then the right increases again and then they seem to balance out. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #35 of 35
Is there another CDM thread here on head-fi? 3 pages seems like way too little discussion for such a well-regarded piece of equipment. After searching around I can’t find any other CDM thread though?

Anyway, I had wanted to ask has the CDM been discontinued? It’s no longer on the Alo Audio site (there’s a pic that looks like it should be a link, but there’s no link from it, and in the menu there’s no CDM option any more :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back