Allen&Heath Xone XD2-53
Jan 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GiNjA

New Head-Fier
Hey,

This is my first post here so I don't know about any rules etc and I have tried to search about this topic and found nothing (on the entire web in fact) so I decided this is the right place to discuss it.

I ordered a pair of Xone XD-53's from a dealer my Uncle knows while I am on holiday in the US (I am from South Africa) and this guy does a lot of business with A&H and all that so I trust it is a trusted dealer. When they arrived I wasn't able to pick them up from him so my parents went to fetch them. When I finally got hold of them I noticed on the box it said they are a pair of Xone XD2-53's which baffled me. I immediately went online and tried to find information on this new pair of headphones and came up with nothing! 

I then when back to the box to find more information and the only differences I could see was that the silver is now a dark grey and they cable is detachable! Otherwise it is still a 53mm coil with frequency range of 5-33000 and all that. They also sound amazing so I highly doubt they are a fake pair of headphones however the possibility is still there.

Now my question is have any of you heard of this pair of headphones and have any information about them? (is it a newer model or what) or have I been scammed and need to look into returning them? I have sent an email to customer services , but am waiting for a reply from them at the moment and will report back on what they say.

I can try upload pictures of them if anyone wants, but unfortunately I do not have the box anymore as it was thrown away this morning without me knowing -.- but the packaging looked very very similar to the original XD-53's.

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!
Matt

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Just thought I'd update this thread. I have received confirmation from Allen & Heath that these are in fact their new model and quoting what I got in the email "they are the brand new model.  Same as the previous, but a bit better."

If anyone wants me to post pictures or any other information just ask. This is the only place I have found online that has any mention of these headphones!

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, what better place to be the sole source of information?
smile.gif

And we love pictures!

Thanks for posting, and welcome to Head-Fi.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 6
A&H has been regarded as a top-tier mixer manufacturer for a long time, so I'm sure if you have any information from there direct customer support verifying their integrity, it's almost definitely trustworthy. You should just be happy now that you get the benefits of a brand-new model without any up-charge ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back