All OWNERS OR USERS of Monster Turbine Pro: GOLD, COPPER, MILES DAVIS EDITION please post LOOKING FOR ADVICE/ & OPINIONS
May 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 37
I own the MTPGs. The copper and MDs are certainly not for you. The gold has a wide range of bass but its still tight and controlled allowing clarity in the rest of the music. Coming from apple headphones, you wont hear everythin they have to offer, but i wouldnt say dont get them. However dont cheap out. Buy them NEW from a CERTIFIED reseller. It will garuntee you replacements for life. I got mine used and was only able to get them replaced once. They really will blow you away, but if you werent looking to pay ~$250 then id say get the regular turbines or a completely different pair of headphones. You cam find good deals on all of the monster products if you wait, but they dont come around too often. I love em. Definitely recommend them.

May 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 37

Quote:
I own the MTPGs. The copper and MDs are certainly not for you. The gold has a wide range of bass but its still tight and controlled allowing clarity in the rest of the music. Coming from apple headphones, you wont hear everythin they have to offer, but i wouldnt say dont get them. However dont cheap out. Buy them NEW from a CERTIFIED reseller. It will garuntee you replacements for life. I got mine used and was only able to get them replaced once. They really will blow you away, but if you werent looking to pay ~$250 then id say get the regular turbines or a completely different pair of headphones. You cam find good deals on all of the monster products if you wait, but they dont come around too often. I love em. Definitely recommend them.

I am in between the Pro Golds and Copper. My music preference is Jazz, Blues and Classic rock. Diana Krall  to Etta James, The Fourplay to David San borne , Tom Petty to Chris Matthews...

I have the benefit to buy either the Gold or the Copper at cost plus 10% and I do not want to make a wrong choice.

May 3, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #18 of 37
If those are the genres you listen to the most, go with the Coppers. I believe others have said that the large bass on the Golds colors the rest of the spectrum. You should also look through a lot of reviews to form an opinion on either model.

May 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #20 of 37

Quote:
I am in between the Pro Golds and Copper. My music preference is Jazz, Blues and Classic rock. Diana Krall  to Etta James, The Fourplay to David San borne , Tom Petty to Chris Matthews...

I have the benefit to buy either the Gold or the Copper at cost plus 10% and I do not want to make a wrong choice.

In your case, I would go with the coppers. They're at an amazing price on Amazon right now. $223. Plus, Amazon is a certified Monster Reseller, which means you can get them replaced for as long as you decide to keep them.

May 4, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #21 of 37

Quote:
I own the MTPGs. The copper and MDs are certainly not for you. The gold has a wide range of bass but its still tight and controlled allowing clarity in the rest of the music.

Huh??

I prefer MD's for Jazz, Blues, vocals unless you want a tighter Upright Bass w/ less reverb and brighter brass and horns.  The Coppers can't match the mids and vocals of the MD's IMO.

May 4, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #22 of 37
I own the MDs and have to play they're one of the more pleasant IEMs I've owned compared to the SE535 and W3. It's not as analytical as the MCs or bassy like the PGs but the sound signature on the MDs are very intimate, alive and the mids are very lush and full.

May 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #23 of 37
Huh??

I prefer MD's for Jazz, Blues, vocals unless you want a tighter Upright Bass w/ less reverb and brighter brass and horns.  The Coppers can't match the mids and vocals of the MD's IMO.

The OP said he listens to mostly rap/hip hop. Not jazz or blues. Why recommend a headphone for a genre he doesnt listen to. Not to mention that, atleast in my opinion, the MDs are not worth the price difference over the MTPGs.

May 4, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 37

Quote:
Quote:
Huh??

The OP said he listens to mostly rap/hip hop. Not jazz or blues. Why recommend a headphone for a genre he doesnt listen to. Not to mention that, atleast in my opinion, the MDs are not worth the price difference over the MTPGs.

Huh?  Was directed at you.  The rest was directed at ACDOAN.

Huh?  Because you seem to think the Golds had a radically different bass presentation than the MD's.  They don't at all.

May 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #25 of 37
I i've been listening to the MTPC for a couple of days now, and honestly I'm a little annoyed at them. I got mine new off amazon.com. From what i can tell the sound similar to the MD, with the MD having slightly advantage in the Mids. Both feature great bass, I really have a hard time splitting the difference. However don't take my ears as too seriously, I'm a noob and I can tell that my MTPC has some problems with driver flex, and the bass is uneven between headphones. I will be returning them as soon as monster gets back with warrenty stuff. Outside that, the MTPC has a thicker, stiffer cable. I don't know if it is more durable, but i like it more then the MD cable. Second thing which I feel is more important is that the insertion depth on the MD is superior. The MTPC is about 3mm short, and it effect the feel. I personally prefer the MD over the MTPC, but I really can't tell you that it's worth the $80. I'm only annoyed at the driver flex found on the MTPC, and the defective/imbalance in the earbuds.

May 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #26 of 37

Quote:
Huh?  Was directed at you.  The rest was directed at ACDOAN.

Huh?  Because you seem to think the Golds had a radically different bass presentation than the MD's.  They don't at all.

Oh, just a misunderstanding there then. I was just saying that the Golds were probably the way that he should go because the Coppers wont have the bass that he's looking for, and coming from stock apple headphones, the MD would certainly be a waste of money for him unless he could find a pair for almost the same price as the Golds.

May 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 37

Quote:
Oh, just a misunderstanding there then. I was just saying that the Golds were probably the way that he should go because the Coppers wont have the bass that he's looking for, and coming from stock apple headphones, the MD would certainly be a waste of money for him unless he could find a pair for almost the same price as the Golds.

Makes sense.  
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #30 of 37
Personally I think it might be prudent to make a smaller step up in the world of IEM and hi-fi music.  It might be better to audition something that costs a little less to start off to see if you really want to put your wallet through this future torture that is known as head-fi
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back