All NEW WhipMOD and WhipLOD; the next audiophile iPod 5.5 generation Modification!!
Feb 14, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #151 of 259
I've decided to pull out for the Algorhythm Solo.  My stagedac/concerto combo is arriving soon and I'd rather have me a pair of LCD-2's.  Hopefully I can reach customer service.

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #152 of 259
Sorry everyone for the delay on the WhipMOD. As many of you are aware, the manufacture which we we receiving the units has been removed for many reasons and we took over the manufacturing process. 

There is a list of reasons why there has been delays. The learning process has been long and our efforts have tested us to the max. One thing I hate to do is to release a product unless we are comfortable with the process. In addition to all of this, parts are being shipped that were defective, not compatible and several of issues. We have locked down sources for parts and I'm building a relationship that will allow us to move in the right direction. 

We have successfully completed many units and the correct parts are being ordered and arriving currently.

Please keep contacting us in regards to this since we are starting to get the ball rolling and moving in the right direction. Like I said, many units are being made and many more are in the process.

So my apology on all of this. Your patience will be well rewarded!!

Thanks,
Craig

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #153 of 259

Quote:
Sorry everyone for the delay on the WhipMOD. As many of you are aware, the manufacture which we we receiving the units has been removed for many reasons and we took over the manufacturing process. 

There is a list of reasons why there has been delays. The learning process has been long and our efforts have tested us to the max. One thing I hate to do is to release a product unless we are comfortable with the process. In addition to all of this, parts are being shipped that were defective, not compatible and several of issues. We have locked down sources for parts and I'm building a relationship that will allow us to move in the right direction. 

We have successfully completed many units and the correct parts are being ordered and arriving currently.

Please keep contacting us in regards to this since we are starting to get the ball rolling and moving in the right direction. Like I said, many units are being made and many more are in the process.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig,

Nice. Glad to hear that you get thing back on track. Last two weeks were like throwing a stone in the ocean: dropping a significant amount of money on WhipMod and not receiving any responds regarding the manufacturing/shipping process is not a pleasant experience. Now I know what's going on and I regain my patience again. Hope everything goes on smoothly.

Best,
Ian

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #154 of 259

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Craig

Craig,

Nice. Glad to hear that you get thing back on track. Last two weeks were like throwing a stone in the ocean: dropping a significant amount of money on WhipMod and not receiving any responds regarding the manufacturing/shipping process is not a pleasant experience. Now I know what's going on and I regain my patience again. Hope everything goes on smoothly.

Best,
Ian

Many of you that know me have experience my concern when issues go wrong. I take it very seriously. So, rest assure, I'm here to make this right and I will not stop until I achieve my desire goals!

Please, do not hesitate to contact us. Our email volume is very very, but we are trying out best to answer everyone. Still our number one goal is to make the best product possible. Often obstacles stand in our way. Us having to immediately take over this process was the biggest issue. However its looking MUCH brighter now!
Thanks,
Craig

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #155 of 259
Craig, thanks for responding to this issue. This really puts our minds at ease, especially for those who have ordered the whipMODs. I'll be e-mailing you in a while about my existing order and shipments. Thanks! :D

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #156 of 259

Quote:
Many of you that know me have experience my concern when issues go wrong. I take it very seriously. So, rest assure, I'm here to make this right and I will not stop until I achieve my desire goals!

Please, do not hesitate to contact us. Our email volume is very very, but we are trying out best to answer everyone. Still our number one goal is to make the best product possible. Often obstacles stand in our way. Us having to immediately take over this process was the biggest issue. However its looking MUCH brighter now!
Thanks,
Craig

Thanks Craig for the update.  I guess its hard for ppl to understand that things do go wrong in the business world especially for small businesses that do not have the pull, manpower, or contacts that large companies may have.  The fact that youre testing everything and making sure everything is up to par actually works out for everyone involved even though it might take a little longer than expected. 
i respect anyone that has the skill and know-how to run these small businesses, ie moon audio, rsa, ibasso etc.  its a lot of work for them, a longer wait for us, but in the end, we always know it was worth it because the product is always top notch.

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #157 of 259
I have faith that Craig and Mike will sort out the WhipMOD situation, and I hope they will stand by the product and offer reasonably-priced (if not free) repairs if necessary.  I feel somewhat lucky to have bought one of the first batch of WhipMODs, and after about 4 months of steady use, it's still going strong. 

While I'm not a total believer in burn-in past 50-100 hours or so, I do have to say that the sound quality of my WhipMOD+WhipLOD combo seems to have improved.  It could just be my perception of the sound quality, but the detail level is absolutely crystal clear.  Where the WhipMOD seems to present a somewhat digital, pristine quality to music, the HM-801 seems to lean more toward a vintage, airy, warm sound.  I don't necessarily think one is more "accurate" than the other, or that the WhipMOD sounds artificial, it just comes down to which presentation you prefer and what quality recording/genre you are listening to.  The WhipMOD seems slightly more forgiving of poorly-recorded or compressed music, while the HM-801 makes this music sound painfully tinny and veiled.

Just some thoughts to help tide over the anxious WhipMOD buyers...hang in there, it really is an awesome product. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #158 of 259
PYTHON,
Well thanks for the support !, Craig must read these posts for Christ sakes it's his company and were the people who keep him in Business
He has not even responded , Just something from You Craig, tell me anything keep me posted if there is 5 people behind me from october 2010
if not i should be number 1 priority you think!,Sorry Python i am venting a bit i am glad all has worked out with your order !
thanks for your concern.
ALL EARS

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #159 of 259
Waiting months or even some cases, a year or two for some custom-build product is not uncommon from forum dealers.  This isn't Apple, they don't do business by the millions with hundreds or thousands of each SKU sitting in warehouses ready to be delivered.  ALO, HeadAmp, RSA, Whiplash, you name it, are small one or two-man operations.  Yet I've heard nobody who eventually didn't get what they ordered.  Build times can be significant, logistics are difficult on a small business budget and you are at a mercy of your suppliers in many cases, even for a simply interconnect.

I have been waiting for several cables from Whiplash since August and I just got a notice that they will be sent from Craig.  Consequently I've been waiting for my Algorithm Solo for several months now since I preordered it, and about 9 months now for my JH-3A since my June pre-order. I understood the risk of time required in product development, testing, manufacturing and delivery issues and took the risk.

Those of you demanding instant gratification in this market, my comment is that it seldom happens and if you can't get used to the idea, initiate a PayPal refund request if you can't get a hold of your vendor..  People wait up to two years for a HeadAmp BHSE, but when they finally get it, they all say it was worth the wait.  I've seen similar reaction to most people who have received their WhipMOD, myself included.

Blasting the vendors with "Where is my stuff I ordered <<insert your order date>>" on a daily basis is similarly counterproductive, because your distracting the same guy whom you want to build your and ship your order faster.  Imagine getting hundreds of these emails on a daily basis.  If you answered them, you'd be doing nothing else and, in fact, found yourself out of the business.

I'm not saying mistakes are not made and the waiting can be very stressful as time goes by and you received nothing in return for your hard-earned money.  BUT, I do know for a fact that Whiplash and the rest of the forum vendors care a lot about their customers, and when mistakes are made, they will make things right.

Good luck to you all and apologize for the rant.

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #160 of 259

Quote:
PYTHON,
Well thanks for the support !, Craig must read these posts for Christ sakes it's his company and were the people who keep him in Business
He has not even responded , Just something from You Craig, tell me anything keep me posted if there is 5 people behind me from october 2010
if not i should be number 1 priority you think!,Sorry Python i am venting a bit i am glad all has worked out with your order !
thanks for your concern.
ALL EARS

I can completely understand your concerns. You must remember that a 3rd party Company that I was dealing with was shipping to customers also. I was told certain orders were shipped and in fact, perhaps they weren't, like in your case.

Please PM me asap so I can get the facts!!

Craig

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #161 of 259
grokit,
I hope you get your issue resolved some times it just takes time, But when there is no communication, and being pushed aside something has happened with your and my orders, i have not filed a complaint with PAYPAL , YELP , BETTER BUSINESS BUR. ETC THERE IS A LIST WHO CAN HELP, i am a small business owner myself in the BBQ catering field, This would be the last thing i would want to deal with with all the other things in running a business
Craig i understand things happen but communicate you have my money!! i think Grokit on your end for pennies on the dollar i would get a signature
on delivery or no delivery . thanks for your support i know HEAD-FI is a better place but i never expected this. 
mad.gif

ALL EARS

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #162 of 259

Quote:
I can completely understand your concerns. You must remember that a 3rd party Company that I was dealing with was shipping to customers also. I was told certain orders were shipped and in fact, perhaps they weren't, like in your case.

Please PM me asap so I can get the facts!!

Craig

Craig,
Nice to hear from you ! my rants are out of frustration and the lack of not knowing if i am getting what i ordered.
i will PM you asap please respond, thanks Craig.
ALL EARS

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #164 of 259

Quote:
Waiting months or even some cases, a year or two for some custom-build product is not uncommon from forum dealers.  This isn't Apple, they don't do business by the millions with hundreds or thousands of each SKU sitting in warehouses ready to be delivered.  ALO, HeadAmp, RSA, Whiplash, you name it, are small one or two-man operations.  Yet I've heard nobody who eventually didn't get what they ordered.  Build times can be significant, logistics are difficult on a small business budget and you are at a mercy of your suppliers in many cases, even for a simply interconnect.

I have been waiting for several cables from Whiplash since August and I just got a notice that they will be sent from Craig.  Consequently I've been waiting for my Algorithm Solo for several months now since I preordered it, and about 9 months now for my JH-3A since my June pre-order. I understood the risk of time required in product development, testing, manufacturing and delivery issues and took the risk.

Those of you demanding instant gratification in this market, my comment is that it seldom happens and if you can't get used to the idea, initiate a PayPal refund request if you can't get a hold of your vendor..  People wait up to two years for a HeadAmp BHSE, but when they finally get it, they all say it was worth the wait.  I've seen similar reaction to most people who have received their WhipMOD, myself included.

Blasting the vendors with "Where is my stuff I ordered <<insert your order date>>" on a daily basis is similarly counterproductive, because your distracting the same guy whom you want to build your and ship your order faster.  Imagine getting hundreds of these emails on a daily basis.  If you answered them, you'd be doing nothing else and, in fact, found yourself out of the business.

I'm not saying mistakes are not made and the waiting can be very stressful as time goes by and you received nothing in return for your hard-earned money.  BUT, I do know for a fact that Whiplash and the rest of the forum vendors care a lot about their customers, and when mistakes are made, they will make things right.

Good luck to you all and apologize for the rant.

It's not about instant gratification as much as it is communication and expectation management. If I order a product listed as "in stock" on the Whiplash Audio website, I should expect to get it in a reasonably short time frame—not weeks or months.

I'm not a 5 year old; I can wait as long as I'm told to wait. Just set up appropriate expectations when I order, and tell me something different if those expectations should change.

I certainly understand the motivation behind listing products as immediately available: it makes people order. I myself might've ordered an iMod (which was in stock at the time of my WhipMOD order) had the WhipMODs been listed as having multiweek or -month lead times.

I understand the time demands on a small business owner, but the time it takes to post here on the forum a single time could be used to update the stock status of products on the website...and people might stop sending distracting and time-consuming PMs. Having ordered from ALO Audio as well, I can tell you that the small size of their business doesn't prevent them from updating their website with accurate stock information on the items they sell.

I haven't been waiting that long myself, but it would be nice to have an estimate of how long it might take for my order. Once armed with that information, I can decide if I want to keep my business with them. After 45 days, I won't be able to issue a PayPal refund request.

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #165 of 259

Quote:
I haven't been waiting that long myself, but it would be nice to have an estimate of how long it might take for my order. Once armed with that information, I can decide if I want to keep my business with them. After 45 days, I won't be able to issue a PayPal refund request.

In what can only be described as "cosmic irony," a box from Whiplash Audio arrived at my desk at work less than an hour after I posted this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Although the box did not contain my WhipMOD, it did contain my TWag v2 cable, so now I have something to burn in!

And better yet, now it'll be *hours* at least before I can start complaining again.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back