Alison Krauss + Union Station LIVE
Dec 16, 2002 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
Well Christmas came early at Casa Redneck, and this weekend I've been enjoying:

Alison Krauss + Uniion Station LIVE
cd.live.jpg

http://www.alisonkrauss.com/

This is a 2-CD set of a performance at the Louisville Palace in Louisville, KY in April of '02. 25 songs in all, the music is a mix of songs/tunes from previous albums - particularly New Favorite, Forget About It, and Oh Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack. Dan Tyminski, who plays mandolin, is one of the "real" Soggy Bottom Boys from the movie soundtrack. Also features another Union Station member, Jerry Douglas, on dobro.

What is really great about this set is that so many things were done right in production(mics, mixing) and the performance is FABULOUS, giving each member the spotlight for both their intrament and vocals. The second CD also includes a copy of Down to the River to Pray from their performance on Austin City Limits.

If you like Alison, the OBWAT soundtrack, or bluegrass you will like this set! (I must not be alone as it just went Gold)

The liner notes say that a Hybrid SACD will be available, but I have not found it listed at Rounder Records yet. A DVD of the performance will be available in the spring of '03.

Merry Christmas!

Dec 16, 2002 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I have all of the previous Alison Krauss releases. I waited out New Favorite for about three months until it was released on heavy vinyl. I guess I'll do the same with the new Live album. I've read nothing but good things about this release in regard to performance as well as sound quality!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back