Aliexpress Cables
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #4,247 of 4,359
I have. Fast, bright, with exceptional highs and huge, powerfull bass. Lacking in midrange a lot, like it has a big hole in frequency. Saxophones sounded thin, not natural. Valhallas 12-cores (and possibly 15-cores) are much, much better in my system.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #4,249 of 4,359
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #4,252 of 4,359
Are these Xangsane cables real silver or silver plated??

well if the claims are true it is, just the shield is silver plated

xangsane always looked like some of the more legit china brands... ataudio also doesnt seem bad

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #4,254 of 4,359
Are these Xangsane cables real silver or silver plated??
Definitely real silver. Only way I’ll ever know the actual purity is to send it to a lab, but I love this cable. I think I’m going to make some headphone cables with it, seems like it would be very good for this and probably better than my Moon Black Dragon.

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #4,256 of 4,359
I used to run Worlds Best Mogami XLRs and Monster Cable 12 gauge cables and some inexpensive cables for everything else. When. In addition I did not believe in burn in until I purchased my Pontus 2 and Athena preamp....WOW, it was almost a year of changing sound and I loved every minute of it.
Then I decided to try some Chinese cables on my tri-amled stereo setup... I started out with the Valhalla 2 SC, and Odin 2 silver PC, and I was shocked at how much it changed the sound. Now I have always believed cables would change the sound, but I never thought it would be this big of a change.
I decided to try more cables, after seeing the changes, and I am currently trying the Odin 2 gold and silver PCs, and I just got in the Accuphase 40th anniversary PCs. I have the Odin 2 XLRS, Odin 2 silver XLRs, Xangsane green XLRs, Cardas lite XLRs, XLO Reference 3 XLRs, and we just made a set of the Xangsane black XLR cables. I am also running the Odin 2 Cat 8 cable, and Odin 2 Gold USB cable, and a Odin 2 silver AES cable.

Once they are all burned in... I am planning on trying out each cable for a different frequency range. Currently I have the XLOs for 20hz -60hz and they have given me more bottom end than the Odin 2 gold and warmth.
I have the Cardas lites for 60hz -500hz, and so far they are definitely brighter than the Odin 2 gold, and have zero harshness on my Klipsch K402 MEH horns.
I am running the Xangsane green XLRs from 50hz on up...and they sound clearer so far.
None of the above XLRs are fully broken in yet.

Once I get the XLRs setup the way I want... I am going to try some different speaker cable as too. I have a pair of Odin 2 gold SCs on the way currently.

My setup is...
Lumin U1 mini, Denafrips Pontus 2, Athena, Icepower 125asx2BTL for the mids (Celestion ft615-3070e woofers (2 per k402) , Icepower 50asx2btl for the Celestion axi2050,and a 300w plate amp for each channel for the f20 bass horns.

With the Odin I had a very spacious holographic experience, but it was a dry sound . The newer cables have been giving me a warmer sound than the Odin 2 golds did.

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #4,257 of 4,359
I used to run Worlds Best Mogami XLRs and Monster Cable 12 gauge cables and some inexpensive cables for everything else. When. In addition I did not believe in burn in until I purchased my Pontus 2 and Athena preamp....WOW, it was almost a year of changing sound and I loved every minute of it.
Then I decided to try some Chinese cables on my tri-amled stereo setup... I started out with the Valhalla 2 SC, and Odin 2 silver PC, and I was shocked at how much it changed the sound. Now I have always believed cables would change the sound, but I never thought it would be this big of a change.
I decided to try more cables, after seeing the changes, and I am currently trying the Odin 2 gold and silver PCs, and I just got in the Accuphase 40th anniversary PCs. I have the Odin 2 XLRS, Odin 2 silver XLRs, Xangsane green XLRs, Cardas lite XLRs, XLO Reference 3 XLRs, and we just made a set of the Xangsane black XLR cables. I am also running the Odin 2 Cat 8 cable, and Odin 2 Gold USB cable, and a Odin 2 silver AES cable.

Once they are all burned in... I am planning on trying out each cable for a different frequency range. Currently I have the XLOs for 20hz -60hz and they have given me more bottom end than the Odin 2 gold and warmth.
I have the Cardas lites for 60hz -500hz, and so far they are definitely brighter than the Odin 2 gold, and have zero harshness on my Klipsch K402 MEH horns.
I am running the Xangsane green XLRs from 50hz on up...and they sound clearer so far.
None of the above XLRs are fully broken in yet.

Once I get the XLRs setup the way I want... I am going to try some different speaker cable as too. I have a pair of Odin 2 gold SCs on the way currently.

My setup is...
Lumin U1 mini, Denafrips Pontus 2, Athena, Icepower 125asx2BTL for the mids (Celestion ft615-3070e woofers (2 per k402) , Icepower 50asx2btl for the Celestion axi2050,and a 300w plate amp for each channel for the f20 bass horns.

With the Odin I had a very spacious holographic experience, but it was a dry sound . The newer cables have been giving me a warmer sound than the Odin 2 golds did.
IMHE, the Nordost clone cables sound very different when new, middle of break-in and after they are broken-in.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #4,259 of 4,359
Very true!
And if you are searching/hunting for a pair of balanced interconnects and like what you hear from The Odin 2 or Gold interconnects, I highly suggest you upgrade/mod them like I did. This is accomplished by changing the connectors (at least at female input side) to non-soldered connectors and adding a ground cable to attach to a singular passive ground box. Either my DIY or to a well designed one. You are basically DIYing what Entreq offers at a fraction of the cost.

The performance change is nothing short of spectacular. The pic is of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_8211.jpeg
    IMG_8211.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #4,260 of 4,359
And if you are searching/hunting for a pair of balanced interconnects and like what you hear from The Odin 2 or Gold interconnects, I highly suggest you upgrade/mod them like I did. This is accomplished by changing the connectors (at least at female input side) to non-soldered connectors and adding a ground cable to attach to a singular passive ground box. Either my DIY or to a well designed one. You are basically DIYing what Entreq offers at a fraction of the cost.

The performance change is nothing short of spectacular. The pic is of mine.
Thanks, do you have any details to share on making a DIY ground box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back