Aliexpress Cables
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #4,276 of 4,346
I can vouch for the 9003ag, I replaced my entire loom (rca and xlr) over a four week period, they’re incredible. This was diy though, with top notch AECO and KLEI connectors. Xangsane makes some very good connectors for silly money though and if you’re willing to do some soldering and prep you could have end game wires or close, though I’m afraid it would double your budget. The 9003 is fussy and probably not a first time build.
If you want something decent for 20-30 euros you could easily get there with mogami or Canare wire for a few euros per meter and some inexpensive Ali connectors, some of which are very respectable. I’m sorry, I don’t have experience with finished ali cables but if you go directly to the xangsane site (not Ali), you may find something that suits your needs and budget.

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #4,278 of 4,346
Apr 10, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #4,279 of 4,346
I just saw original nordost odin prices.... jesus :sweat_smile:
Lol yeah its quite pricey.

Don't expect that the knockoffs will be anywhere near as good though :)

But they're a nice option for the price.

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #4,280 of 4,346
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006294285019.html
anyone tried this? it definitely goes into "magic" here

for me, this thing has definitely a effect, i tried a cheap squarewave generator before and it also had a effect, but more of a disturbing one... but these variable chinese sinuswave generators are new, there are some expensive schumann generators out there with sinuswave but nothing from china was comparable until this device..

So... i did actually try a few frequencys, if you set the device to a solfeggio frequency of say 417Hz you actually expierence the same effect as when listening to binaural beats.... without speakers involved..., i tried multiple frequencys and the effect was always the same as the binaural/monaural counterpart.. (tho dont get confused with the youtube videos embedding more than one frequency...)

lately i found out i actually like around 7,4Hz way more than 7,83Hz or 8Hz .... the funny thing with the schumann frequency is this: the schumann frequency rises in summer and lowers in winter on average .... (and also rises on average very slowly trough time) the "feeling" you have on summer vs winter can be to some degree replicated with adjusting the frequency between 7 and 9 Hz... dont you feel sometimes a bit "sick" from the heat in summer? try 8Hz or 8,5Hz (similar effect imo)... some thoughts on my own research on this...

the real question tho.... is this "safe" ? i dont use it constantly just for that reason, also the effect can be quite overwhelming over time imo then you just feel the relief once you disable it... specially if 7,83Hz or up doesnt suits you..

Take this post as it is, i know how controversial this is, this is my own opinion and you can either think im crazy or try it yourself and you may be surprised (specially if binaural beats work for you...) and kinda scared because what will THIS electromagnetic sending device do AND what might 2,4Ghz or 5G actually do?
because most young people never expierenced it how its like to not get blasted with RFI/EMI all day long, its easy to say that it doesnt matter...
if schumann frequency has an effect i truly believe 2,4ghz can too, tho im not "scared" of it, thats where things get silly i guess... im just saying to some degree it could alter our perception, just like the schumann frequency can, most people are just not aware of these subconcious things going on, specially if you never compared A/B ..

if you wanted to always try a schumann generator, get the variable sinustone one i posted above, not cheaper squarewave ones...

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #4,282 of 4,346
Coooool...place 100+ pieces or the huge one+, and you have a weapon!!! :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
HAARP :wink:

Cheers!
well one is more kind of a annoyance... but there is "havana syndrom", there is a floating theory around it with EMI weapons
how true this is i dont know...

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #4,284 of 4,346
Hi, looking for recommendations for a fuller sounding 75ohm coax.
I have an Odin2 75ohm coax ( about 150hours) and while it doesn’t sound bright, it does err on the detailed. Am wondering if the faux coax gold is actually a 75ohm or just a repackaged RCA version.

Am also wondering if there are versions of Odin2 that sound different. Some seem woven tighter? Mine has the black WBT locking plugs marked AG( silver) with the lighter wood.

Cheers

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #4,285 of 4,346
Hi, looking for recommendations for a fuller sounding 75ohm coax.
I have an Odin2 75ohm coax ( about 150hours) and while it doesn’t sound bright, it does err on the detailed. Am wondering if the faux coax gold is actually a 75ohm or just a repackaged RCA version.

Am also wondering if there are versions of Odin2 that sound different. Some seem woven tighter? Mine has the black WBT locking plugs marked AG( silver) with the lighter wood.

Cheers
I have the Odin 2 Coax SPDIF cable. It came with the black clone WBT connector soldered on each end. These connectors are cheap knockoffs and mine came sealed with hot glue. The hot glue will be detrimental sonically. If you replace the two RCA connectors with solderless connectors like the clone Furutech, that will improve the cable performance. I did this before modding with a ground cable on input end, so I am familiar with what that does sonically. The only caveat that I should mention is I did use Furutech Nano Liquid on the conductors and connection points of the Furutech connectors.

These are the clone Furutech connectors I am speaking of:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256..._main.379.32cb1802rTmE58&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

EDIT: The above mentioned Furutech clone connectors perform well, worth way more than the price they are asking. Sonically they sound different than the real Furutech connectors. The real connectors roll the HF off a bit. The clones IMHO are more balanced and I prefer them.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #4,286 of 4,346
I have the Odin 2 Coax SPDIF cable. It came with the black clone WBT connector soldered on each end. These connectors are cheap knockoffs and mine came sealed with hot glue. The hot glue will be detrimental sonically. If you replace the two RCA connectors with solderless connectors like the clone Furutech, that will improve the cable performance. I did this before modding with a ground cable on input end, so I am familiar with what that does sonically. The only caveat that I should mention is I did use Furutech Nano Liquid on the conductors and connection points of the Furutech connectors.

These are the clone Furutech connectors I am speaking of:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256..._main.379.32cb1802rTmE58&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

EDIT: The above mentioned Furutech clone connectors perform well, worth way more than the price they are asking. Sonically they sound different than the real Furutech connectors. The real connectors roll the HF off a bit. The clones IMHO are more balanced and I prefer them.
Thanks, yeah there seems to be some translucent gunk on the inside , I wonder if the non-wbt versions have that as well….where is a good place to order the Nano liquid online ?

Cheers

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #4,287 of 4,346
Thanks, yeah there seems to be some translucent gunk on the inside , I wonder if the non-wbt versions have that as well….where is a good place to order the Nano liquid online ?

Cheers
I buy Furutech Nano Liquid from VHAudio.com. They are in the US. I am sure there are others that live outside the US that can likely share where they purchase from.

Although not inexpensive, Nano Liquid "will" make your system more resolving, musical and provide a more natural presentation. I have spoken about Nano Liquid at length in the past. A small bottle should be enough to treat your entire system.

Changing the Odin SPDIF cable connectors to a solderless locking RCA like the Furutech clones, and using Nano Liquid on all of the mechanical connections in the cable build will make the cable you have more musical. Applying the Nano Liquid at the mechanical connections (component RCA jack and mating RCA connectors) will again offer sonic improvement. After you hear what that does, you will be looking for all mechanical connections in your system to treat. I promise you that will happen.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #4,288 of 4,346
I just saw original nordost odin prices.... jesus :sweat_smile:
I’ve got some original Odin cables I’ll sell you cheap. Please pay no attention to the fact I’ll ship them in a Aliexpress box.

Seriously though, I am super impressed by the apparent though unproven quality of the knockoffs for the price. All I can figure is they must bamboozle someone into paying $1000’s once in a while to the be able to sell them so cheap.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #4,289 of 4,346
Can anyone identify this cable? It is supposedly a NiceHCK cable but I’ve been unable to match it up with any of theirs. IMG_6106.jpeg

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #4,290 of 4,346
I’ve got some original Odin cables I’ll sell you cheap. Please pay no attention to the fact I’ll ship them in a Aliexpress box.

Seriously though, I am super impressed by the apparent though unproven quality of the knockoffs for the price. All I can figure is they must bamboozle someone into paying $1000’s once in a while to the be able to sell them so cheap.
I have had the opportunity to listen to two separate 2-channel systems in the $150K USD approx. price range. They are clients of mine. They are the ones that recommended I try the clone Nordost Odin 2 power cables. They introduced the clones to me, I never even knew they existed until they mentioned it to me. I may have posted about the experience toward the beginning of this thread. They have the originals and several of the Nordost clones. They also own several other very high end power cables that they were kind enough to let me swap out to compare in their systems. I spent several hours with each system, was a lot of fun experimenting and comparing in their systems. Going by memory, the original Nordost are very resolving, but left me feeling HiFi. Meaning they did not leave me feeling they were musical.

The clone Nordost power cable had a similar sonic signature, leaning analytical but were more musical than the originals. The clone power cables were not as resolving as the originals. But were at least as resolving than the MIT, Transparent Audio and Cardas cables (and a couple of others I forgot) I compared them to. All of the cables changed the presentation of the system, even just swapping one power cable. I focused on the DAC and amp for comparisons. What got me to try the first Nordost clone was these two experiences. What surprised me was the price to performance ratio (once the cables are burned in). I would say, again from memory, that the clones are about 85% of the originals sonically. When they showed me what they paid for the cable I signed up for an AliExpress account. IMHO for the money, they are an "outstanding" value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back