Aliexpress Cables
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #2,357 of 4,401
Got the Monosaudio "Eclipse" (top of the line) speaker jumpers today… Very good quality indeed …

Capture_2022_12_16_16_38_08_778.png

Attachments

• IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2836.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #2,359 of 4,401
Dec 16, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #2,360 of 4,401
Well aside fire hazard likely performance will take a hit, mainly because of static.
As mentioned my heavy power conditioner has been live on the carpet under the desk for over 3 years, so if any fire hazard existed, something would have already happened. Maybe I can prop it up on wood blocks if I find any to hear if any difference in sound.
My tape arrives today...

@DecentLevi I see you took the tape off the wall plate. did you leave it on the power cable connector?

Do others still use it covering the outlet?

Any recommendation for a RFI/EMI meter from amazon? was considering trying one out since I can return it. would be interesting to take some readings before/after
Yes I left the tape on the power connector. That is where it made the biggest difference. And this was the first place I tried with the Faraday Fabric tape, - with that and the AC power path before digital. Now everything is already set up the way I like it, and there are zero problems or qualms whatsoever. So when trying it on the wall receptacle, it didn't bring any benefit, in fact the opposite.
Just a word of warning to save yourself some trouble.

Use a little bit at a time and one connection at a time. I used some on the underside of the outlet cover but i think a few thin strips is more than enough.
Not sure why folks are assuming that's NOT the way I had done it. All that tape I used was carefully done over several days, and I did critical listening after each and every small change, with test tracks of multiple genres I am very familiar with, and I revised a lot of the tape patterns / amounts along the way. In all it turned into an exciting journey that brought aplomb resolution and very analog sound beyond what I could have ever hoped or expected.
What Dougms3 said. Try Power related first and then digital. So as to not mess up the performance will take time to apply, listen, adjust amount used. Sometimes after application of any shielding attempt it is obvious, sometime subtle, sometimes does nothing. One area at a time, critically listen, adjust by adding or removing material, then listen again and so forth. Otherwise you will find the next day your system sounds off and you will have no idea how to fix or tune.
No problems there, and sound is now consistent from day to day.

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #2,361 of 4,401
As mentioned my heavy power conditioner has been live on the carpet under the desk for over 3 years, so if any fire hazard existed, something would have already happened. Maybe I can prop it up on wood blocks if I find any to hear if any difference in sound.

Yes I left the tape on the power connector. That is where it made the biggest difference. And this was the first place I tried with the Faraday Fabric tape, - with that and the AC power path before digital. Now everything is already set up the way I like it, and there are zero problems or qualms whatsoever. So when trying it on the wall receptacle, it didn't bring any benefit, in fact the opposite.

Not sure why folks are assuming that's NOT the way I had done it. All that tape I used was carefully done over several days, and I did critical listening after each and every small change, with test tracks of multiple genres I am very familiar with, and I revised a lot of the tape patterns / amounts along the way. In all it turned into an exciting journey that brought aplomb resolution and very analog sound beyond what I could have ever hoped or expected.

No problems there, and sound is now consistent from day to day.
I think we have a different opinion on the definition of small. I used 1/8 inch strips about 3 inches long on each side of hte inside of the wall outlet cover.

These tapes have varying effects depending on circumstances, ie intimacy of contact, proximity to electrical devices. I'm not sure exactly how they work but I can at least assume as much that they are affecting the magnetic field of electrical devices.

As I said its difficult to gauge how much its compressing the sound because its reducing noise and making things more resolving at the same time, only when you remove it all then can you assess how much of a difference there is. Just giving a heads up thats all because I've played with various types of these tapes and went overboard then removed all of it then reapplied more than once. But if you are happy with it, thats all that matters.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #2,363 of 4,401
Guys, is it recommended to tape USB cable with the Oyaide tape or Aliexpress tape?
I would not recommend the oyaide tape on any cables, especially signal. Its more powerful than the aliexpress tape.

I did not like the way it compressed the sound but it depends on the person, the noise reduction and resolution is definitely nice but I dont like compromising, thats just me.

I think its very similar to what the THX chips do, which I am not a fan of.

Dec 17, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #2,364 of 4,401
Guys, is it recommended to tape USB cable with the Oyaide tape or Aliexpress tape?
My recommendation is to try both separately. But do not affix the tape, use a piece of masking tape or painters tape to temporarily keep the Oyaide or shielding tape in place. I would try one end at the connector first. Just know you can use too much, especially the Oyaide.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #2,366 of 4,401
Thanks for the suggestions.
So far, I only taped (Oyaide tape) the powercords (both end) for sources (cd transport n dac). Love dark background without any sacrifice/loss.
1671264350630.png
For me at power cord ends like you did, was the best use for the Oyaide EMI tape. I have the Oyaide on every power cord but one. Only on one cable did the Oyaide hurt sonic performance. Try one cable at a time, wrapping a 6" length around each end temporarily keeping the tape in place with masking tape and listen. If you like what you hear permanently affix tape.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2,367 of 4,401
Found another use for the tape :)

20221217_133727(1).JPG
20221217_134126.JPG

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #2,368 of 4,401
Dec 17, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2,369 of 4,401
OK, I'll bite. And this does....what exactly? :)
Its the power wire going to the audio system in my car.

The zip lock bag has strips of copper and the faraday tape and its shielding the ECU.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #2,370 of 4,401
Its the power wire going to the audio system in my car.

The zip lock bag has strips of copper and the faraday tape and its shielding the ECU.
Ah! I thought it was better gas mileage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back