Aliexpress Cables
Nov 13, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #1,756 of 4,346
Judging by the reviews of various forums, a good cable for Valhalla 2 speakers. They say it's even better than the original. Does anyone have one like this? ? ? ?
I have these cables on order from RM Digital along with the matching jumpers. I am currently using Clarity Cable Organic speaker cables so they will be up against some stiff competition.

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #1,757 of 4,346
My pleasure! Thanks for your input and reflections on this excellent thread- it's been a blast to read.
You’re more than welcome | I’m deeply honored I’d share insight where I could……, as I’m the type that can only speak truth on what I’ve hear or owned, as the old tv show X-Files used to state “ The Truth Is Out There “, I believe we just need to know where to look.
1668353141604.jpeg

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #1,758 of 4,346
This is a different wire from Ebay , this one sells for $14 per 1 meter. Strangely, I looked and compared them both , the difference is that the expensive one has 28x22AWG and the cheap one has 18x0.7mm(21AWG)

The one that was expensive , people compared with the original is similar and plays well. Cheap no reviews.
Once again, when in doubt?, spend more and go with the better option.
1668353241210.jpeg

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #1,759 of 4,346
Apologies I intended to drop this for those of you looking for ac outlet covers, as awhile back many of us over on Tweaker Asylum discovered options to both the more expensive offerings from Furutech | Oyaide cover……, he also offers a nice sounding titanium screw to hold said covers in place, which sound wonderful as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133425075429
1668363379109.jpeg

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #1,760 of 4,346
Apologies I intended to drop this for those of you looking for ac outlet covers, as awhile back many of us over on Tweaker Asylum discovered options to both the more expensive offerings from Furutech | Oyaide cover……, he also offers a nice sounding titanium screw to hold said covers in place, which sound wonderful as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133425075429
1668363379109.jpeg
Do you have the link to the titanium screws? I can't seem to find it in his store.

Btw @DecentLevi this might be a better option for you to try and shield the odin cable. Then you can sleeve with techflex over it if you want. Makes for a neater presentation and full coverage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133335088956?hash=item1f0b63ff3c:g:olMAAOSw75xa061c

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #1,761 of 4,346
Do you have the link to the titanium screws? I can't seem to find it in his store.

Btw @DecentLevi this might be a better option for you to try and shield the odin cable. Then you can sleeve with techflex over it if you want. Makes for a neater presentation and full coverage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133335088956?hash=item1f0b63ff3c:g:olMAAOSw75xa061c
The article is here:

https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=tweaks&m=211007

It seems he’s selling the screws, as well as said carbon fiber ac outlet cover via his own site these days, shown here:

https://kamaudio.com/Titanium-Screws-for-US-AC-Receptacles

1668367066742.jpeg

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #1,762 of 4,346
Just a recommendation.
Install new cables and other new things only one at a time, and not all at once, so that later you do not have to return to the original one that was.

Sometimes one cable can do a lot and not in the best direction.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #1,763 of 4,346
Just a recommendation.
Install new cables and other new things only one at a time, and not all at once, so that later you do not have to return to the original one that was.

Sometimes one cable can do a lot and not in the best direction.
Good advice | I’ve found over the course of the last 6-8 years in my case……, that my system came together once I stumbled upon the right voicing of IC’s | USB | Cord used on the source component itself, once again in my case this was on the DAC, as logically one music begins here, get this wrong, and nothing further downstream is going to restore the signal itself. And with all things digital in my mind requires speed | attack of notes | P.R.A.T. to be spot on, silver plated copper or pure silver cabling and cords do this to my ears | senses in a manner copper never could, YMMV.

1668371873147.jpeg

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #1,764 of 4,346
Good advice | I’ve found over the course of the last 6-8 years in my case……, that my system came together once I stumbled upon the right voicing of IC’s | USB | Cord used on the source component itself, once again in my case this was on the DAC, as logically one music begins here, get this wrong, and nothing further downstream is going to restore the signal itself. And with all things digital in my mind requires speed | attack of notes | P.R.A.T. to be spot on, silver plated copper or pure silver cabling and cords do this to my ears | senses in a manner copper never could, YMMV.

I completely agree . I'm just now at this point of the DAC, and specifically the DC power cable. . My DAC is powered by an external power supply, changing the DC power cable sounds completely different, just a huge impact depending on the cable.
I read on the forum one interesting engineer, before making a cable, he listened to it in different directions in the break of one positive cable to the speakers. I want to try experimenting in the same direction
but with different thickness, configuration and other options , but on a DC DAC cable. If I manage to find and make the right cable, then I will change all the DC wiring in the amplifier in addition, but until the DC power cable for the DAC is made, there is nowhere to go for improvement.
Although I bought a bunch of cables yesterday.

I'm wondering why it changes so much and why the tonal balance, detail, three-dimensionality changes, the attack that even the deaf will hear by changing only one DC cable to the DAC.
By the way, with a bad DC Power cord to the DAC the interconnect cables are simply bare, easy can immediately hear where and how they lie in the music .

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #1,765 of 4,346
I completely agree . I'm just now at this point of the DAC, and specifically the DC power cable. . My DAC is powered by an external power supply, changing the DC power cable sounds completely different, just a huge impact depending on the cable.
I read on the forum one interesting engineer, before making a cable, he listened to it in different directions in the break of one positive cable to the speakers. I want to try experimenting in the same direction
but with different thickness, configuration and other options , but on a DC DAC cable. If I manage to find and make the right cable, then I will change all the DC wiring in the amplifier in addition, but until the DC power cable for the DAC is made, there is nowhere to go for improvement.
Although I bought a bunch of cables yesterday.

I'm wondering why it changes so much and why the tonal balance, detail, three-dimensionality changes, the attack that even the deaf will hear by changing only one DC cable to the DAC.
By the way, with a bad DC Power cord to the DAC the interconnect cables are simply bare, easy can immediately hear where and how they lie in the music .
Thanks for agreeing with my assessment | yet as it has been awhile since I’ve purchased any LPSs, but I do use a Teddy Pardo one on our Auralic Aries Mini located in our bedroom system, and can highly recommended said LPSs | as well as his DC Cable both of which are shown here:

https://teddypardo.com/product/tedd...ply/?Ref=search&attribute_pa_cable-type=55-25

https://teddypardo.com/product/power-supply-cable/

Simply select the brand | model of your device needing power and it offers a list of options.

1668439331831.jpeg

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,766 of 4,346
Thanks for agreeing with my assessment | yet as it has been awhile since I’ve purchased any LPSs, but I do use a Teddy Pardo one on our Auralic Aries Mini located in our bedroom system, and can highly recommended said LPSs | as well as his DC Cable both of which are shown here:

https://teddypardo.com/product/tedd...ply/?Ref=search&attribute_pa_cable-type=55-25

https://teddypardo.com/product/power-supply-cable/

Simply select the brand | model of your device needing power and it offers a list of options.

Why are you posting pictures? I understand if you posted a picture of power supply on the topic of conversation.
Interestingly, their power cable Teddy Pardo is not expensive that you posted .. But, I will make the DC cable myself. Yesterday I made another one, though copper.
DC cable Odin 2 from AliExpress sells costs more than $ 100 +, I don’t remember , but the wire is the same as Odin 2 USB, IC this cable Reduced the size of the instruments, make small but plays in great detail. .( I dont like it )
I tried it for a couple of days and made another out of copper. There wasn't much time to burn it, but I know if the cable didn't play right away on fist moment , there's nothing to look forward to

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,767 of 4,346

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.51.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.51.33 AM.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #1,768 of 4,346
Iv
Why are you posting pictures? I understand if you posted a picture of power supply on the topic of conversation.
Interestingly, their power cable Teddy Pardo is not expensive that you posted .. But, I will make the DC cable myself. Yesterday I made another one, though copper.
DC cable Odin 2 from AliExpress sells costs more than $ 100 +, I don’t remember , but the wire is the same as Odin 2 USB, IC this cable Reduced the size of the instruments, make small but plays in great detail. .( I dont like it )
I tried it for a couple of days and made another out of copper. There wasn't much time to burn it, but I know if the cable didn't play right away on fist moment , there's nothing to look forward to
I’ve been posting pictures regardless of which forum since 2015, as I enjoy adding a bit of flavor to what I often see as a boring bland ass type of response to post, it seems over the years since, it has caused plenty of viewers to send me PM, regarding said photos wanting to know the brand and model of said pictured items….., so in a sense they’ve captured other’s imagination as they’ve mine.

There are some items one can DIY, and there are times one needs to buy into what’s already assembled | leave it at that, hence my recommendation for this DC cord.

Case in point……, while I’m very capable of building a grounding cable for my iFi AC iPurifier, I went ahead and purchased the one shown ( free world, yah know ):
1668444603373.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back