Aliexpress Cables
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #1,771 of 4,370
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #1,772 of 4,370
I wonder what's inside PS. I see the Chinese DC cable as I had it, I took it apart, the usual two wires.
As someone whom has admitted to not having soldering skills, nor like some of my Asian buddies here in Michigan | where they tend to open up every single component to study them, as if they’re looking to reverse engineer said designs, or improve upon internal parts?. I’m someone that spends hours, if not days researching an item, and have the willingness to just pursue it, and while I’m here to primarily learn about how some go about using different type of platings or pure copper on either RCA | Binding Post | Banana Plugs | Power Cord Connectors and so on….., and have replaced cables in my system like $1.600 IC’s | $2.750 SCs with these exact Chinese Odin makes, and am in a much much better place…., I’m still one that’s willing to invest logically where said items have made improvements in my way of listening | to me each move bought about a certain sense of enlightenment, and being someone whom never second guesses what I hear | feel while attempting to weave through the BS!, once again, “ I find myself in a much better place these days “, so much thanks | appreciation to those whom made many of aware of said cables.

And no doubt about it……., here’s another random photo, I tend to save them as visual reminders of items I’m looking to buy, if for no other reason than to make others aware of what’s out there. I’m to assume some might actually prefer using pure silver rca connector?, but I’d be wrong, eh?.

1668450532316.jpeg

Nov 14, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #1,774 of 4,370
The Ultimate Monosaudio Plug :smile_phones:

Are you saying you took the blades from one of their cheaper rhodium plated copper versions, versus the ones which have rhodium plated base metal, and replaced it’s carbon fiber body, on the ones that go for $18 the set?, smart move….., as I’m about to do a combination of red copper and rhodium plated ones with the shell of their more expensive models called the M109R | F109R, which offers a different look on carbon fiber shells.

My bad……., said version with the white carbon fiber shells were going for $18 the set last week, which it seems someone caught that price, which has gone up to $46, which is still a great option | provided one buys a set of the cheaper ones which are actually rhodium plated copper, versus rhodium plated brass.

Once again, smart move.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #1,777 of 4,370
And here’s the type of LPS I actually purchased from this seller, other than the ones from Teddy Pardo or Paul Hynes Designs:

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/det...ual-ultra-low-noise-linear-power-supply-8v5v/

Other brands were either said ZeroZone or Studer900 Chinese made products.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2FEkPeZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

I have this sengterbelle LPS, works great. I can't really compare to anything else since its the only LPS I have but its solidly built and it outperformed the ifi ipower x ps in sound quality.

I like it the LPS so much I just bought this GX16 2 pin to DC 2.5mm pure silver cable to replace the stock cable. I think it was a price mistake again because they raised it by double the price after I bought it. Either way free return if its not up to par.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...277NoGA&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #1,778 of 4,370
Nov 14, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #1,779 of 4,370
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2FEkPeZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

I have this sengterbelle LPS, works great. I can't really compare to anything else since its the only LPS I have but its solidly built and it outperformed the ifi ipower x ps in sound quality.

I like it the LPS so much I just bought this GX16 2 pin to DC 2.5mm pure silver cable to replace the stock cable. I think it was a price mistake again because they raised it by double the price after I bought it. Either way free return if its not up to par.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...277NoGA&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US
Nicely built DC cable from my end……, pure silver to boot, go ahead with your bad self young man.
1668472293953.png

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #1,780 of 4,370
Are you saying you took the blades from one of their cheaper rhodium plated copper versions, versus the ones which have rhodium plated base metal, and replaced it’s carbon fiber body, on the ones that go for $18 the set?, smart move….., as I’m about to do a combination of red copper and rhodium plated ones with the shell of their more expensive models called the M109R | F109R, which offers a different look on carbon fiber shells.

My bad……., said version with the white carbon fiber shells were going for $18 the set last week, which it seems someone caught that price, which has gone up to $46, which is still a great option | provided one buys a set of the cheaper ones which are actually rhodium plated copper, versus rhodium plated brass.

Once again, smart move.
M/F 109 looks awesome, but not cheap at all ... I also have M/F 109 - Very good quality at this price point...

Edit : I also have M/F 106*​

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #1,782 of 4,370
Nov 14, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #1,783 of 4,370
M/F 109 looks awesome, but not cheap at all ... I also have M/F 109 - Very good quality at this price point...

As I’ve always preferred to see the innards of these plugs | earlier on I became very fond of the transparent versions of IeGO Power makes, sold via Acoustic-Fun.com, which are currently being used on a lot of brands of late, yet I settled upon a pair of the pure silver rhodium plated ones called the 8095s, which retail for $145 each, but have proved long term to be a very wise investment in self, these were soldered by Jennifer, onto one of her Jena Labs Crimson Red RX ( silver plated copper ) power cord @ $250 | 1.5m, as dedicated to my Aurender server.

My way of thinking is……., one doesn’t spend upwards of $1.500-$3.990 on a dedicated music server ( even slightly used ) and settles on say a $50-$123 power cord, not when one that taps out just under $600, offers better overall performance.

And now onto another one of my random photos, of which I hope many of you don’t mind?, it has become more or less my signature. Great investment on the 109s on your part as well.

1668474558830.jpeg

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #1,784 of 4,370
Guys, need some help. I opened Odin Gold plug to apply the Nano Liquid but had some issue putting this plastic piece back (see arrow).
Any advice how to put it back properly?
IMG_7828.jpg
With steady hands I was able to hold it snugly enough to exert the base back over it after taking mine apart. I would think it helps to prevent dislodging the connections.

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #1,785 of 4,370

Users who are viewing this thread

Back