Aliexpress Cables
Nov 14, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #1,786 of 4,370
@dougms3 @KT77 @cdacosta or anyone - can you recommend a good grounding box, and from which seller? I'm looking for something under about 20 kg, and I would experiment with connecting it to either my power conditioner and/or RCA 'dummy jacks' of my amp. Maybe there's still a sale on one. As far as I know, the bigger the better with these, right? 😁

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,787 of 4,370
@dougms3 @KT77 @cdacosta or anyone - can you recommend a good grounding box, and from which seller? I'm looking for something under about 20 kg, and I would experiment with connecting it to either my power conditioner and/or RCA 'dummy jacks' of my amp. Maybe there's still a sale on one. As far as I know, the bigger the better with these, right? 😁
2255800390848273 - 16 Kg, Great quality for the price...

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #1,788 of 4,370
Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with grounding boxes. I'm curious about them myself.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #1,789 of 4,370
Unfortunately I have not tried any of the "grounding boxes for hifi" that AliExpress is selling. I looked at a few pics of the internals of one of the boxes and they may or more likely do nothing. The one I saw which I will include a link have a mixture of parts that could effect EMI but from my experience only used on top of gear, internal chips/parts or on top of power supplies and such. Kind of like using Shatki Stones or onlines. Those crystals and materials can in fact effect what is heard when placed near or on top of said gear. But at a distance plugged into AC outlet or line level input or output of gear, I would need to hear it myself to believe it.

As crazy as it may seem, crystals can in fact effect electrical signals in a audio signal. Spent a year or so experimenting with the concept and use Shatki products currently.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...216684935269545178e357c!12000025884501911!rec

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #1,790 of 4,370
This is not the thread for this topic but I will throw it out there for anyone that wants to look into it. If you look at my signature you will see within my current headphone setup I am using three Hammond 193L chokes within my system. My home system used 8+ of these chokes. These chokes are used to smoothen the AC power similar to how it is used with tube gear. Relatively inexpensive $50 - $60 each and works like a champ. Ever heard of Richard Gray Power Company? What put him on the map was back in the day he would bring what he called RGPC 400 Pro to the big audio shows. These varying sized PLC (RGPC 400, 600 and 1200) were 5H and 10H (H= Henry) chokes in parallel to the AC duplex. These chokes will also absorb some AC spiking coming from the grid or within your AC circuit.

Can be wired just HOT and Neutral in parallel to any where within your system's AC. Meaning at the wall, plugged into PLC, power strip or wired directly into power cord. For added warmth to a system attach a ground lead to the chassis and to AC ground. The choke itself is just a heavy metal enclosure with two leads coming out of it for HOT and NEUTRAL. I buy them from Parts Express, probably sold elsewhere also. These chokes are silent and run cool (no heat come from these chokes) when plugged into AC and do not degrade or have to be replaced.

How I use these 193L chokes in my headphone setup. Two are wired parallel into a single AC plug (Oyaide male plug but does not really matter, any decent plug will do), and plugged into main PLC from wall. I have one wired to AC plug that is plugged into the Balanced power isolation station that powers my PC which is source. The cool thing about these chokes is they are easy to install. There is a choke, 4 little rubber feet (to install under choke), an AC male plug and extra wire (use 14ga copper) up to 2' if needed to extend length if needed. No soldering required. Just wire up a male AC plug and plug it into your system. Takes about 3 days or so to hear full effect. Can experiment with multiple chokes within different areas in your system and AC circuit. I love these chokes for audio.

I like these chokes enough I even placed a few of them inside enclosures for esthetics. I will take a couple pics and upload.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #1,791 of 4,370
Hammond 193L by itself which is on top of a piece of wood and 193L inside DIY enclosures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 15, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #1,793 of 4,370
You guys are over my head...have to admit I am a little lost...what exactly is a 'grounding box' and how do you use it?

Nov 15, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #1,794 of 4,370
While my recommendation might seem a tad overpriced at $250, I view said purchases as a means to an end as opposed to buying cheaply, and then in the long run end up buying several times over….., in said case I’d think it’s more logical to invest in the best type of grounding device one can for their system and be done with it….., and since I use one of this companies power line conditioners, the only other ones that come to mind are Synergistic Research | Entreq, which both cost more.

Anyways, here yah go:

https://theaudiophileman.com/ground-master-puritan-review/

https://www.thecableco.com/accessories/grounding-devices/micro kit groundbox kit.html

I hope this helps?.

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,795 of 4,370
This is not the thread for this topic but I will throw it out there for anyone that wants to look into it. If you look at my signature you will see within my current headphone setup I am using three Hammond 193L chokes within my system. My home system used 8+ of these chokes. These chokes are used to smoothen the AC power similar to how it is used with tube gear. Relatively inexpensive $50 - $60 each and works like a champ. Ever heard of Richard Gray Power Company? What put him on the map was back in the day he would bring what he called RGPC 400 Pro to the big audio shows. These varying sized PLC (RGPC 400, 600 and 1200) were 5H and 10H (H= Henry) chokes in parallel to the AC duplex. These chokes will also absorb some AC spiking coming from the grid or within your AC circuit.

Can be wired just HOT and Neutral in parallel to any where within your system's AC. Meaning at the wall, plugged into PLC, power strip or wired directly into power cord. For added warmth to a system attach a ground lead to the chassis and to AC ground. The choke itself is just a heavy metal enclosure with two leads coming out of it for HOT and NEUTRAL. I buy them from Parts Express, probably sold elsewhere also. These chokes are silent and run cool (no heat come from these chokes) when plugged into AC and do not degrade or have to be replaced.

How I use these 193L chokes in my headphone setup. Two are wired parallel into a single AC plug (Oyaide male plug but does not really matter, any decent plug will do), and plugged into main PLC from wall. I have one wired to AC plug that is plugged into the Balanced power isolation station that powers my PC which is source. The cool thing about these chokes is they are easy to install. There is a choke, 4 little rubber feet (to install under choke), an AC male plug and extra wire (use 14ga copper) up to 2' if needed to extend length if needed. No soldering required. Just wire up a male AC plug and plug it into your system. Takes about 3 days or so to hear full effect. Can experiment with multiple chokes within different areas in your system and AC circuit. I love these chokes for audio.

I like these chokes enough I even placed a few of them inside enclosures for esthetics. I will take a couple pics and upload.
Not off topic in the least, as I too have used a RGP 400 in the past, yet found my way over to all things Clang Lightspeed, as well as currently using a Puritan Audio Labs PSM-136, and couldn’t be happier with the results. Once again….., not being the technician type, I’ll leave said chokes and wiring harnesses to those with greater knowledge on how said items function, I only wish I had paid more attention in electronics training courses in my youth.

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,796 of 4,370
Not off topic in the least, as I too have used a RGP 400 in the past, yet found my way over to all things Clang Lightspeed, as well as currently using a Puritan Audio Labs PSM-136, and couldn’t be happier with the results. Once again….., not being the technician type, I’ll leave said chokes and wiring harnesses to those with greater knowledge on how said items function, I only wish I had paid more attention in electronics training courses in my youth.
Don't feel bad, I was an Electronics Technician in the US Navy (35 years ago) and I hardly ever know what the hell is going on around here!

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,797 of 4,370
I also have tried Chang Lightspeed line conditioning products in my systems in the past.

Chokes are a simple, passive parallel device plugged into the AC circuit. I use them as part of a wholistic approach to AC line conditioning for audio. The cool thing about this tweak is one can plug it in a open AC socket within the circuit and "hear" or "not hear" a positive change. They work better closer to or at AC source feeding one or multiple components. The tweak is inexpensive, easy to implement, easy to remove or move around.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #1,798 of 4,370
You can do it yourself. there is information on the internet. All components are simple, the secret filling is Tourmaline can be searched on google.com.
Other options are also possible. If you find something please share.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,799 of 4,370
Cool, it will consider it soon. Please let me know your user experience. In your view, how did it change the sound? And which component(s) was it connected to? Did you use an aftermarket cable or the stock one?
This box is similar to Nordost Qkore ($6K) and the Enteraq ($2.5 K and above) … The box will not “color” the sound, but lower the noise floor, thus: blacker background, better tonality and timbre of the music, better clarity across all frequencies.. In high resolving system it brings more details….

I’m using 3256801606656922 grounding cables, though the newer version banana connector might not feet in the terminal and has to be replaced, but the wire quality is excellent…

I found this great review:

https://quartzacoustic.com/audio-ground-box-the-whys-and-the-hows/

Nov 15, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,800 of 4,370
Hi guys thanks on the grounding box advice. I need an in-room solution since I don't own a house and have access to the actual ground, and wanted a premade system so I don't have to DIY.

@Crypt Keeper the one you recommended says it doesn't ship to my address. And it says $575. I guess I'm looking to start with something cheaper. I've already gotten the two small cone size dampening devices but I'm looking to go with something bigger...

@cdacosta the one you recommended
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...216684935269545178e357c!12000025884501911!rec
looks somewhat small. Is it the one that made a big difference for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back