Aliexpress Cables
Nov 28, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #2,056 of 4,456

I got it with banana plug for the ground post on the power conditioner. He wouldn't tell me what was in it tho, only the weight... 3.7 KG...I guess I'm taking a chance but that's what this forum is all about, right?
I cannot see or access a link via those numbers to see what you purchased.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #2,058 of 4,456
I cannot see or access a link via those numbers to see what you purchased.
Tried again. For whatever reason whether from app or web browser I cannot see Aliexpress links from numbers, only URL. No biggie, just show us after you get it.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #2,059 of 4,456
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #2,060 of 4,456
I'm sorry, just copy and paste the numbers into the search box on Ali express and it should pop up!

or maybe this works...

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...2UnDMgl&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US
Numbers do not work but link does. I have spent a lot of time researching and reading about these passive grounding units. Interesting on the unit you purchased does not have a binding post. And what they mention is "the pure silver wire directly into the box is connected to the copper plate (not connected by the speaker terminal), the test is compared, if the terminal is connected, the effect is only about 30%.". I find this interesting and will test it. Binding post is handy to test different wire, but it is possible they are right.

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2,061 of 4,456
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #2,062 of 4,456
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #2,063 of 4,456
Oyaide EMI tape MWA-010T is not the same as what you purchased from Aliexpress. I highly doubt will work the same.
ah, I should have checked first... ill try it out it was inexpensive.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #2,064 of 4,456
Today received ODIN 2 RCA -RCA and XLR to RCA IC .
The first was for the RCA test (DAC to AMPS). Honestly, one disorder, physicality disappeared, the piano became thin and not of natural size, something happened to the bass, it also decreased. Turned Argento Flow back on the physicality of the instruments, medium low range, returned.
The DAC has XLR outputs, I tried the same ODIN 2 rca- rca thing through an adapter XLR to RCA , all the same .(???)
For second testing I try ODIN 2 but XLR to RCA from my dac to Amps
Installed and voila, it sounds much better out of the box this cable than Argento Flow. More air, clarity, stage
became a little better because of the clarity than Argento and so on .
I'm very happy, I got what I wanted. Sounding perfect . It's strange why the same ODIN 2 RCA played differently, even with an XLR adapter? RCA kit ODIN2 will go to spare parts in the amplifier as wiring.

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #2,065 of 4,456
Initial thoughts on usage or application of signal ground filtering. It is real and does effect what is heard. Most of what I read from Entreq users and DIY grounding box users (most also own Entreq products) is what I am also experiencing to an extent. So far what I have tried is super simple and will experiment because I am liking what this is doing.

What I did: Using one meter of 12ga OCC (multi gauge totaling 12ga) copper wire. Wire terminated with Furutech solderless RCA CF-201 (R) RCA connector that is plugged into open RCA output jack of DAC. Other end of wire stripped 6" and stuck into a 7.5lb. (3.4kg) bag of magnetite. I also stuck a piece of stainless steel into the bag but that is barely audible, so assume it does nothing. Furutech Nano Liquid when terminating the wire to RCA connector.

What I heard: When I first plugged it in there was a change in what I heard and I did not like it. Sounded off, I cannot remember how, just did not like it. After 10 mins I disconnected the cable and back to the way it was. So this tells me messing with signal ground does in fact audibly effect what is heard. I re-connected the RCA and same thing, did not like it.

There is suppose to be a minimum settling time of 3 hours or so. Before re-connecting for the third time I applied Nano Liquid to the connector and DAC output jack, now this made a big difference which I did not expect. This tells me it is very likely not only the connection matters, likely the wire used and how it is terminated at the box matters. As unexpected this is since there is no signal being transmitted via the cable or device, but *hands in the air*.

Now after 2-3 hours what I heard started changing, I am now about 5 hours in. Another crazy and unexpected surprise happened. Close to me while I was listening there was a singular Shatki Online. Using two small blobs of blu-tac, placed the Online on the cable after the connector and now more improvement. The Shatki Online has crystals in it as the active ingredient.

So what am I hearing now?
* Did not effect the the sonic signature or PRAT of the system.
* Everything heard is harmonically richer. Not a massive change, but is obvious.
* Vocals and instruments/sounds are more separated, focused and with a bit more precision.
* More engaging and emotional when listening.

Attachments

• Magnetite.jpg
    Magnetite.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shatki Online.jpg
    Shatki Online.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #2,067 of 4,456
Absolutely hilarious. Placed 3 IsoAcoustics mini pucks under the plastic tupperware container the Magnetite is sitting in and bass got tighter and hits harder. LOL

Best part is it all sounds even better now compared to an hour ago. Now is more 3D to soundstage and is obvious noise floor has been lowered even more. Also a bit more separation with everything heard. Was watching an episode of Punisher on Disney+ and is very obvious, including the 140 BPM Acid Trance I am listening to now. LOL very cool. The difference with and without this jimmy rigged signal ground is not subtle.

I just ordered two more 7.5lb bags of this Magnetite. Also ordered Tourmaline, Tungsten and other to try with the Magnetite. For anyone wanting to try what I did this is the Magnetite I got:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2243004913...rentrq:c231e6ea1840ab95198bc6bbfff6bea4|iid:1

Listing says only 8 bags left so...

Attachments

• IsoAcoustics mini pucks 2.jpg
    IsoAcoustics mini pucks 2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IsoAcoustics mini pucks 1.jpg
    IsoAcoustics mini pucks 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #2,068 of 4,456
Absolutely hilarious. Placed 3 IsoAcoustics mini pucks under the plastic tupperware container the Magnetite is sitting in and bass got tighter and hits harder. LOL

Best part is it all sounds even better now compared to an hour ago. Now is more 3D to soundstage and is obvious noise floor has been lowered even more. Also a bit more separation with everything heard. Was watching an episode of Punisher on Disney+ and is very obvious, including the 140 BPM Acid Trance I am listening to now. LOL very cool. The difference with and without this jimmy rigged signal ground is not subtle.

I just ordered two more 7.5lb bags of this Magnetite. Also ordered Tourmaline, Tungsten and other to try with the Magnetite. For anyone wanting to try what I did this is the Magnetite I got:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224300491368?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=9e030687d8504f689f0fa05ee5e3b74c&pid=100675&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=223602636118&itm=224300491368&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:d0d7dc80-6fb3-11ed-b63f-562fecb7c06d|parentrq:c231e6ea1840ab95198bc6bbfff6bea4|iid:1

Listing says only 8 bags left so...
Great report | as I discovered about 5 years ago the effective of said IsoAcoustics placed underneath every DAC I’ve owned….., and wrote everybody I knew and told them they were must haves, yet it’s nice tk see you’ve found away to take them one step further.
1669706234819.jpeg

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #2,069 of 4,456
Great report | as I discovered about 5 years ago the effective of said IsoAcoustics placed underneath every DAC I’ve owned….., and wrote everybody I knew and told them they were must haves, yet it’s nice tk see you’ve found away to take them one step further.
1669706234819.jpeg
I ordered silicon footers for the boxes I am going to make but will definitely try using the same IsoAcoustic mini pucks under boxes. Currently have them also under Jotunheim 2 headphone amp and DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back