Aliexpress Cables
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #2,026 of 4,456
Nov 25, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #2,027 of 4,456
IIRC Sorbathane is used as dampening material "between" material. fo.Q dampening tape goes on top of what you want to minimize micro vibrations. I have not experienced micro dampening material better then fo.Q T-102 and T-32 (thinner and more pliable) yet. There are many applications within an audio system that produce positive and audible sonic benefits. Cannot remember the size of the hole punch, they come in a kit of about 10+ sizes. You can just get a size smaller then the diameter of the cap.

Pics are just two examples of how fo.Q T-102 can be used. Also work excellent on subwoofer drivers.
I'm not sure I can see that yet. Is it those tiny two dots on the outside of each driver?

And would this be the right type and a reasonable deal?

Also I just compared what I got to your attached photo and it looks like mine are different, with your RCA plugs being more flat. Did I get the wrong kind or will these work good too?
61E3zQX1s-L._SL1200_.jpg

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #2,028 of 4,456
I'm not sure I can see that yet. Is it those tiny two dots on the outside of each driver?

And would this be the right type and a reasonable deal?

Also I just compared what I got to your attached photo and it looks like mine are different, with your RCA plugs being more flat. Did I get the wrong kind or will these work good too?
61E3zQX1s-L._SL1200_.jpg
If you detach the center pin otherwise it is a shorting plug. Cannot attach any vibration control material though.

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #2,029 of 4,456
Two 1/8" dot on the edge of each driver. On small drivers (8" and smaller) I use two 1/8" dots. On larger than 8" driver, one 3/16" dot at the bottom center edge of the driver. When I say edge of driver, like in the pics just before the surround material. What this will do is make the driver more precise. Which will sound a tad quicker, bass tighter, more precise and more musical. Improves accuracy of notes and everything you hear. If you apply to outside of driver basket will also improve control of driver.

I shared this tweak with Doug awhile back. I know he has tried this tweak and IIRC has an opinion of it. Maybe he can share his thoughts on it or you can ask him.

There are many uses of the fo.Q T-102 within an audio system.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #2,030 of 4,456
Hi guys,

I seem to recall at least 2 of you having purchased the 15 core Valhalla power cord, and am wondering if it’s to early to tell me sonically once again, how it sounds compared to either the Odin 2, or Odin Gold cords?.

And while it might seem irrelevant, are there sonic differences to be heard between say the black carbon fiber hounding versus the lighter grey version as it relates to the power plugs themselves?, or is this purely cosmetic at best?.

Attachments

• 488DDCF7-917F-4411-BDDC-128CCF06D28B.jpeg
    488DDCF7-917F-4411-BDDC-128CCF06D28B.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2,031 of 4,456
They are coupling footers. inexpensive
Whatever you do?, please don’t place any isolation footers directly beneath the original stick rubber footers, one gets much better results placing them directly underneath the chassis of their gear, a much more responsive nature I’d add.

The method shown in the video is totally a bunch of BS!.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #2,032 of 4,456
Hi guys,

I seem to recall at least 2 of you having purchased the 15 core Valhalla power cord, and am wondering if it’s to early to tell me sonically once again, how it sounds compared to either the Odin 2, or Odin Gold cords?.

And while it might seem irrelevant, are there sonic differences to be heard between say the black carbon fiber hounding versus the lighter grey version as it relates to the power plugs themselves?, or is this purely cosmetic at best?.
I haven't A/B'd it vs the odin cables. Its quite annoying for me since I have to turn off my pc and the gear that I"m swapping with. I'll do it once I get a stand to hold my dac.

I don't think the color of the carbon fiber will make any difference.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #2,033 of 4,456
I haven't A/B'd it vs the odin cables. Its quite annoying for me since I have to turn off my pc and the gear that I"m swapping with. I'll do it once I get a stand to hold my dac.

I don't think the color of the carbon fiber will make any difference.
Thanks Doug,

I was trying to get a general idea of what to expect compared to the other Odin types before buying, of which I’ve decided to stick with the Odin Gold version on my DAC, yet due to this one being thicker gauged and since I’m still somewhat curious about silver plated copper power cords in general, in hopes of having a slightly more dynamically balanced top end, whereas the Odin Gold while very very nice sounding, does roll of the very top end just a tad, a little bit more extension here wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks for the insight on said coloring options of the carbon fiber shelling.

Earlier today, I came across this device, of which looks very interesting on my end, and am looking to purchase one next week just out of curiosity:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOPb5EM

Have a great weekend young man.
Peace beyond to you | yours.

Nov 25, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,034 of 4,456
Thanks Doug,

I was trying to get a general idea of what to expect compared to the other Odin types before buying, of which I’ve decided to stick with the Odin Gold version on my DAC, yet due to this one being thicker gauged and since I’m still somewhat curious about silver plated copper power cords in general, in hopes of having a slightly more dynamically balanced top end, whereas the Odin Gold while very very nice sounding, does roll of the very top end just a tad, a little bit more extension here wouldn’t hurt.

Earlier today, I came across this device, of which looks very interesting on my end, and am looking to purchase one next week just out of curiosity:

I will have to do some cable rolling once I find a final position for my new dac.

It has alot more bass than my previous dac and I was using the gryphon knockoff power cable over the odin because it had a warmer, bassier signature but since the new dac is quite bassy, it makes the bass from my Denon d7200 a bit overwhelming. My eardrums are sore from the violence of the bass hits. The odin might have better synergy with the new dac.

I saw that on ali and was curious about it also but its pricey. If theres a time to get it, its now, $3 off every $30 and coupon codes.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 13-14-58 131.04US $ 34% OFF Lusya 1PC UAX wire signal isolation RCA X...png

Nov 25, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #2,035 of 4,456
I will have to do some cable rolling once I find a final position for my new dac.

It has alot more bass than my previous dac and I was using the gryphon knockoff power cable over the odin because it had a warmer, bassier signature but since the new dac is quite bassy, it makes the bass from my Denon d7200 a bit overwhelming. My eardrums are sore from the violence of the bass hits. The odin might have better synergy with the new dac.

I saw that on ali and was curious about it also but its pricey. If theres a time to get it, its now, $3 off every $30 and coupon codes.

Once again, Thanks Doug,

Depending upon where you reside?, you’d always borrow a few items from me, more often than not most of it sits here for months, if not an entire year before it’s placed into my main system.

I’ve always seen sharing and caring as one of the same, BS types need no apply, yet your vibe wears well from where I sit.

Said items:

1669403819645.jpeg

1669403764409.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,036 of 4,456
IIRC Sorbathane is used as dampening material "between" material. fo.Q dampening tape goes on top of what you want to minimize micro vibrations. I have not experienced micro dampening material better then fo.Q T-102 and T-32 (thinner and more pliable) yet. There are many applications within an audio system that produce positive and audible sonic benefits. Cannot remember the size of the hole punch, they come in a kit of about 10+ sizes. You can just get a size smaller then the diameter of the cap.

Pics are just two examples of how fo.Q T-102 can be used. Also work excellent on subwoofer drivers.
And what is this glued on the board, is it an anti-vibration sticker?
This is interesting because if this is the case, then you can stick it on many electrical parts inside. Where can you buy? Do our friends in the ALI store sell such tapes?

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #2,037 of 4,456
Thanks Doug,

Odin 2 will give you a bit more extension in the top end and is a bit quicker vs Odin Gold. Gold has a tad warmer presentation. This is my experience, YMMV.

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #2,038 of 4,456
The well-known snake oil FLUX 50 with a Cheap filter inside.
There are better ideas, put a good board that will really filter the power, clean up the block DC and keep it out of the Power. Here's what I found.
There are no discussions and information about Chinese power filters on the Internet, but judging by the reviews of the circuits of the DIY filters, the good effect of the power filters on the sound on the stage is convincing. .. Has anyone tried such a filter? There are a lot of them, but this one is average, there are better capacitors, but more expensive.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...00029190077177!sea&curPageLogUid=rrxTIudIqFg2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 5.21.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 5.21.18 PM.png
    632 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #2,039 of 4,456
Odin 2 will give you a bit more extension in the top end and is a bit quicker vs Odin Gold. Gold has a tad warmer presentation. This is my experience, YMMV.
Thanks as well, cdacosta.

As it stands I’m trying my best to decide between said Valhalla | Odin 2, as the latter was the only one I had purchased and ended up selling to a buddy of mine because of its weight | it had my previous Denafrips Ares ll laying on its side, yet I’m to assume since the Valhalla version is thicker, it’d have more weight?, but in truth as cheap as both of them are, I just might buy them both.

Logically it shouldn’t hurt. As always notes taken | appreciated.
1669415535332.png

Nov 25, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #2,040 of 4,456
Thanks as well, cdacosta.

As it stands I’m trying my best to decide between said Valhalla | Odin 2, as the latter was the only one I had purchased and ended up selling to a buddy of mine because of its weight | it had my previous Denafrips Ares ll laying on its side, yet I’m to assume since the Valhalla version is thicker, it’d have more weight?, but in truth as cheap as both of them are, I just might buy them both.

Logically it shouldn’t hurt. As always notes taken | appreciated.1669415535332.png
My pleasure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back