Aliexpress Cables
Nov 24, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,012 of 4,456
I have a pic of the Entreq cable showing which of the 8 connections is connected. Can I see a pic of the bottom of the connector? The pic you took is of the top. Thanks for your assistance with this.

Nov 24, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #2,013 of 4,456
Have been using these types of caps for 20 years. Usually gold plated brass, teflon insulation. No center pin, only ground contact. Idea behind these RCA caps is to minimize RFI through the RCA jacks. I use them with fo.Q T-102 on the outside of the cap. Can hear a slight lowering of noise floor when enough of the RCA jacks are covered. The effect is very slight but to my ears still there.
Thanks. What is the fo.Q T-102 on the outside of the cap for? And can you show a photo of how that's used?

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #2,014 of 4,456
Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem is space constraints so I'm trying not to go too big. I'm not really concerned with aesthetics, only function, it could be pink for all I care as long as its cheap.
Totally understood…, except the pink part, I’d see it you said salmon.
1669303835708.png

Nov 24, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #2,016 of 4,456
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #2,017 of 4,456
Thanks. What is the fo.Q T-102 on the outside of the cap for? And can you show a photo of how that's used?
See attached pic. Pic is of Lexicon preamp while I was packing it up. Look at the caps, the black round material on the gold plated caps is the fo.Q T-102. I used a leather hole punch to get the fo.Q T-102 round. The fo.Q T-102 is micro vibration control material.

Attachments

• Grounding caps.jpg
    Grounding caps.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #2,018 of 4,456
This is extremely easy to make.

That is a toolless shielded rj45 connector and you could connect it to something like this or a grounding box should offer some improvements.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 11-21-20 17.27US $ 11% OFF Hifi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolato...png
Kind of what I am planning to try. The router does not have a earth ground. What I am actually going to try is take a CAT 7 cable (OFC copper lead), strip and cut off all the leads except the ground pin lead Entreq uses. Teflon wrap and heat shrink to guarantee no shorts. Other end of lead to grounding box or similar.

I read from a couple of users of Entreq boxes that upon doing what I want to try was astonished at the performance increase.

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #2,019 of 4,456
Kind of what I am planning to try. The router does not have a earth ground. What I am actually going to try is take a CAT 7 cable (OFC copper lead), strip and cut off all the leads except the ground pin lead Entreq uses. Teflon wrap and heat shrink to guarantee no shorts. Other end of lead to grounding box or similar.

I read from a couple of users of Entreq boxes that upon doing what I want to try was astonished at the performance increase.
You can use whatever wire you want. Doesn't have to be a cat anything.

Not sure which pinout you would connect that to though? Theres 8 wires in the ethernet cable and it would probably go on the negative but which one ?

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #2,020 of 4,456

Not sure which pinout you would connect that to though? Theres 8 wires in the ethernet cable and it would probably go on the negative but which one ?
I just picked a RJ45 cable because it had 23ga. OFC copper. Pin 4. Can just search the net for "Entreq eartha rj45 cables" and see a few pics of the actual cables.

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #2,021 of 4,456

Actually go by these pics... Pin 5

Attachments

• Entreq-Eartha-RJ-45.png
    Entreq-Eartha-RJ-45.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Entreq--rj45-cables.jpg
    Entreq--rj45-cables.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #2,022 of 4,456
See attached pic. Pic is of Lexicon preamp while I was packing it up. Look at the caps, the black round material on the gold plated caps is the fo.Q T-102. I used a leather hole punch to get the fo.Q T-102 round. The fo.Q T-102 is micro vibration control material.
That's quite interesting, maybe even unique. I already have sorbothane sheets, which is a special vibration absorption material similar to rubber but better. Maybe I could try some of that instead, is it the same material? One of them is a fairly thin sheet. But what size of leather hole punch should I get?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,024 of 4,456
That's quite interesting, maybe even unique. I already have sorbothane sheets, which is a special vibration absorption material similar to rubber but better. Maybe I could try some of that instead, is it the same material? One of them is a fairly thin sheet. But what size of leather hole punch should I get?
IIRC Sorbathane is used as dampening material "between" material. fo.Q dampening tape goes on top of what you want to minimize micro vibrations. I have not experienced micro dampening material better then fo.Q T-102 and T-32 (thinner and more pliable) yet. There are many applications within an audio system that produce positive and audible sonic benefits. Cannot remember the size of the hole punch, they come in a kit of about 10+ sizes. You can just get a size smaller then the diameter of the cap.

Pics are just two examples of how fo.Q T-102 can be used. Also work excellent on subwoofer drivers.

Attachments

• fo.Q T-102 on drivers.jpg
    fo.Q T-102 on drivers.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • fo.Q on caps.jpg
    fo.Q on caps.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #2,025 of 4,456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back