Aliexpress Cables
Nov 29, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,071 of 4,456

I got it with banana plug for the ground post on the power conditioner. He wouldn't tell me what was in it tho, only the weight... 3.7 KG...I guess I'm taking a chance but that's what this forum is all about, right?
I got one of these out of curiosity and connected it immediately to the DAC/streamer/preamp. My brain couldn't parse what I was hearing so I went away to have dinner and give it the recommended 30 minutes minimum settling time. After dinner and after a 5 minute listen I went online and ordered 2 more. Don't know what's in them but they definitely work.

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,072 of 4,456
I got one of these out of curiosity and connected it immediately to the DAC/streamer/preamp. My brain couldn't parse what I was hearing so I went away to have dinner and give it the recommended 30 minutes minimum settling time. After dinner and after a 5 minute listen I went online and ordered 2 more. Don't know what's in them but they definitely work.
Awesome! Mine comes on Friday...

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #2,073 of 4,456
There are many options for how to dampen micro vibrations for audio, mainly for DACs where there is a clock, for example, telescope anti-vibration pads , there are many options for little money without snake oil and feng shui appearance,
but for any anti-vibration stands , pads to work fine need a stone base and heavy put weight on the equipment from above. Stone slabs from kitchen countertops can be obtained free of charge at any workshop where countertops are made. For little money they will cut the right size, and fans of DIY can order a turntable made of stone. In other words, I wrote about it

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #2,074 of 4,456
Initial thoughts on usage or application of signal ground filtering. It is real and does effect what is heard. Most of what I read from Entreq users and DIY grounding box users (most also own Entreq products) is what I am also experiencing to an extent. So far what I have tried is super simple and will experiment because I am liking what this is doing.

What I did: Using one meter of 12ga OCC (multi gauge totaling 12ga) copper wire. Wire terminated with Furutech solderless RCA CF-201 (R) RCA connector that is plugged into open RCA output jack of DAC. Other end of wire stripped 6" and stuck into a 7.5lb. (3.4kg) bag of magnetite. I also stuck a piece of stainless steel into the bag but that is barely audible, so assume it does nothing. Furutech Nano Liquid when terminating the wire to RCA connector.

What I heard: When I first plugged it in there was a change in what I heard and I did not like it. Sounded off, I cannot remember how, just did not like it. After 10 mins I disconnected the cable and back to the way it was. So this tells me messing with signal ground does in fact audibly effect what is heard. I re-connected the RCA and same thing, did not like it.

There is suppose to be a minimum settling time of 3 hours or so. Before re-connecting for the third time I applied Nano Liquid to the connector and DAC output jack, now this made a big difference which I did not expect. This tells me it is very likely not only the connection matters, likely the wire used and how it is terminated at the box matters. As unexpected this is since there is no signal being transmitted via the cable or device, but *hands in the air*.

Now after 2-3 hours what I heard started changing, I am now about 5 hours in. Another crazy and unexpected surprise happened. Close to me while I was listening there was a singular Shatki Online. Using two small blobs of blu-tac, placed the Online on the cable after the connector and now more improvement. The Shatki Online has crystals in it as the active ingredient.

So what am I hearing now?
* Did not effect the the sonic signature or PRAT of the system.
* Everything heard is harmonically richer. Not a massive change, but is obvious.
* Vocals and instruments/sounds are more separated, focused and with a bit more precision.
* More engaging and emotional when listening.
Thanks . it fast DIY project .
In my opinion, it is better to make a grounding box of copper inside , it will work as a screen and have more contact with the backfill and make the maximum amount of ground wire inside the Magnetite.
Other :
I would connect artificial grounding not from the source side, but from the consumer side, this will give a greater effect and benefit, since connecting from the source side, the connections between the DAC and the consumer work like an antenna and it is always recommended to dampen the external influence as close as possible to the amplifier board, preferably in it .

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #2,075 of 4,456
Awesome! Mine comes on Friday...
The one you are getting has Tourmaline in it, says it in the listing. I have done some experimenting since yesterday and ordered a lot of parts and materials to experiment with. After many hours of reading it seems from user comments that this type of passive grounding works best with signal grounds. I also tried duplicating Entreq's Mini Infinity cable wraps, and it works also. Was another pleasant revelation.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #2,076 of 4,456
Thanks . it fast DIY project .
In my opinion, it is better to make a grounding box of copper inside , it will work as a screen and have more contact with the backfill and make the maximum amount of ground wire inside the Magnetite.
Other :
I would connect artificial grounding not from the source side, but from the consumer side, this will give a greater effect and benefit, since connecting from the source side, the connections between the DAC and the consumer work like an antenna and it is always recommended to dampen the external influence as close as possible to the amplifier board, preferably in it .
I have ordered a lot of parts including wooden boxes, copper plates, copper lining, copper binding posts, 14 ga. silver wire, more Magnetite, many other wildly used filler material like tungsten, tourmaline, Shungite, Rochelle salt, etc. All to experiment with. What I am hearing is not subtle, actually almost shocking improvement. Just the addition of the jimmy rigged version to DAC and a small wrap around headphone cable super charged the DAC's performance. For now this will be my new hobby experiment because it works so good.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #2,077 of 4,456
My grounding box came in yesterday, with extra extended cable that has banana plugs on both sides and detachable alligator clamp.

I'm experiencing a totally holographic sound, natural timbre / acoustics, earth-deep freq. response with organic richness oozing all over the place!
Though to be fair I am NOT yet sure how much of this sonic goodness is actually coming from the grounding box, because my current system was already sounding downright glorious with the advent of multiple upgrades recently, including but not limited to getthe the HEDD Audio HEDDphone, thin sorbothane sheets as damping-feet under my amp, upsampling on the DDC / DAC, multiple iFi DC blockers and iFi GND Defender AC iPurifier placed in various areas.

So far I didn't hear any difference with the grounding box on my (current SS integrated) amp, but I think I heard a difference when connecting it to the grounding input of my iFi AC iPurifier which is connected to my central power conditioner. There may have been an increase in soundstage depth and sense of realism, but further testing will be required to be sure.

Would anyone know if it's safe / recommended to connect a grounding box to either the red or black speaker output of a speaker amp?
And what about shaking? My box doesn't seem to be open-able, so maybe it could benefit from shaking and mixing around a little, The mixture likely shifted in transit. Just trying to make the best out of it, but certainly no complaints.

20221129_004326.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #2,078 of 4,456
My grounding box came in yesterday, with extra extended cable that has banana plugs on both sides and detachable alligator clamp.

I'm experiencing a totally holographic sound, natural timbre / acoustics, earth-deep freq. response with organic richness oozing all over the place!
Though to be fair I am NOT yet sure how much of this sonic goodness is actually coming from the grounding box, because my current system was already sounding downright glorious with the advent of multiple upgrades recently, including but not limited to thin sorbothane sheets as damping-feet under my amp, upsampling on the DDC / DAC, multiple iFi DC blockers and iFi GND Defender AC iPurifier placed in various areas.

So far I didn't hear any difference with the grounding box on my (current SS integrated) amp, but I think I heard a difference when connecting it to the grounding input of my iFi AC iPurifier which is connected to my central power conditioner. There may have been an increase in soundstage depth and sense of realism, but further testing will be required to be sure.

Would anyone know if it's safe / recommended to connect a grounding box to either the red or black speaker output of a speaker amp?
And what about shaking? My box doesn't seem to be open-able, so maybe it could benefit from shaking and mixing around a little, The mixture likely shifted in transit. Just trying to make the best out of it, but certainly no complaints.

20221129_004326.jpg
I've seen some posts of the box attatched to the ground of speaker, but I'm no expert!

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #2,079 of 4,456

Though to be fair I am NOT yet sure how much of this sonic goodness is actually coming from the grounding box, because my current system was already sounding downright glorious with the advent of multiple upgrades recently, including but not limited to getthe the HEDD Audio HEDDphone, thin sorbothane sheets as damping-feet under my amp, upsampling on the DDC / DAC, multiple iFi DC blockers and iFi GND Defender AC iPurifier placed in various areas.

20221129_004326.jpg
Based on everything I have read the negative speaker terminal at the amp. Issue is you would need one per channel.

You should be able to "hear" a difference with the box installed vs not installed to your system. Was really obvious in my system. From what I read installing at source, DAC then amp should yield best results. Can be used on a negative or ground of a power strip or power source. Supposedly (have not tried yet) best performance from using at signal vs power ground.

Nov 29, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #2,080 of 4,456
Yup, I think I may have heard a difference with the grounding box at the source, versus perhaps nothing directly to my amp. I speculate that my existing power regeneration / grounding hacks are already doing so much heavy lifting (EG huge Furman power conditioner, iFi AC iPurifier, iFi GND Defender and iFi DC Blockers) that it may be a stretch to expect any further improvements from external grounding at this point. But definitely, when I get back home I'm looking forward to furthering this experiment. And everything definitely does seem to sound better, however it may just be variations in my hearing or the environment, so will have to do more testing. Will also try connecting the banana plug directly to the ground of several AC sockets in my system; maybe that's the same though as my current setup of connecting it to the iFi AC iPurifier's ground port.

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #2,082 of 4,456
Making a power cable like this guy, but filling in what goes into the ground box will make a cable for $ 1 million

There is a guy online that makes such a cable using crystals and sells them online starting at $1K. He uses the Nordost clone Aliexpress bulk wire (Valhalla and Odin) and clone Furutech connectors. I have seen his videos in the past explaining what he is doing. What he does not tell you is his crystal mix. The cable also will be super heavy.

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #2,083 of 4,456

ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION THIS IS A MAGIC BOX!!!!!!! What just happened between moving this from my amp and power conditioner to the DDC (Audio-GD DI20)? The heavens are shining on me, that's what! Jawdropping experience. Treble is even more extended but in a natural way. Soundstage further envelops your auditory senses into the universe. It's too late to speak straight. Somebody let me sleep tonight because I can't get over what this thing is doing... take my above post at how I've already essentially reached a plateau of excellence - that's when this was not really doing anything but now my system further improves. Hard to fathom.

YMMV but try these on all your components, some need grounding more than others.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #2,084 of 4,456
ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION THIS IS A MAGIC BOX!!!!!!! What just happened between moving this from my amp and power conditioner to the DDC (Audio-GD DI20)? The heavens are shining on me, that's what! Jawdropping experience. Treble is even more extended but in a natural way. Soundstage further envelops your auditory senses into the universe. It's too late to speak straight. Somebody let me sleep tonight because I can't get over what this thing is doing... take my above post at how I've already essentially reached a plateau of excellence - that's when this was not really doing anything but now my system further improves. Hard to fathom.

YMMV but try these on all your components, some need grounding more than others.
Awesome!

Nov 30, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #2,085 of 4,456
There is a guy online that makes such a cable using crystals and sells them online starting at $1K. He uses the Nordost clone Aliexpress bulk wire (Valhalla and Odin) and clone Furutech connectors. I have seen his videos in the past explaining what he is doing. What he does not tell you is his crystal mix. The cable also will be super heavy.
It would be great if there was a link to the video. My tribute.
I'm a little behind on the purchases and upgrades of you all, but I can tell you how my system sounds today is hard to fault.
But I have already begun to notice some touches in the music as well as in the stage that can be done better.
I believe I will be in accurate realistic 3D instrument placement in full presence and feel with natural presentation sounding instruments.

It's not a secret but all of our music is electricity from our outlets, and the simpler the system, the more impact the upgrades have and you can achieve a super cosmic sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back