Alien Video to be Revealed Tomorrow
May 30, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 65
Uhhh... wow.
I don't completely believe it, but I won't dismiss my skepticism until I see it.
If they only had one person examine the tape since last July, then I doubt that it's real.

From the article:
""The guy lives on a freaking government pension," Hofmann said, referring to Romanek. "He's got a wife and three kids. He doesn't have money. I just don't think he faked this. I think what we got here is the real thing.""
If he doesn't have money, he could've gotten it from somewhere else. Anyway, isn't it just more incentive for him to make a video like this and sell it for lots of cash?

And if it was a real alien, wouldn't they have abducted him to do some probing?
tongue.gif

May 30, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 65
Quote:

"It shows an extraterrestrial's head popping up outside of a window at night, looking in the window, that's visible through an infrared camera," he said. The alien is about 4 feet tall and can be seen blinking, Peckman said earlier this month.

How is that proof of extraterrestrial life? It could just be the Chupacabra.

Nevertheless, I love Weekly World News (RIP) sorta stuff and will watch the video. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll have the same thrill as the notorious alien autopsy video.

May 30, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 65
Chances are if there were alien beings out there they would look nothing like what we imagine they'd look like. They probably wouldn't even HAVE heads.

May 30, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 65
The best proof of extra-terrestrial intelligence is that they never tried to contact us.

May 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best proof of extra-terrestrial intelligence is that they never tried to contact us.

They're smarter than we give them credit for, then.

May 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 65
Not hopeful at all!
Well I am hopeful in that the video will be released, but not hopeful in that it shows a real alien.

May 30, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #9 of 65
I have been following this and here are some thoughts: One has to start by asking themselves if they are openminded, if the answer is no. Well, that's just kind of a sad exsitance. But if the answer is yes--I'm openminded--then they have the obligation to look at the surrounding infomation, the context, the chain of evidence, the background of the people involved, etc. I'll be the first to admit that I set the bar for proof very high in this digital age. I feel like I shouldn't invest a lot energy in this subject because there's a risk of being duped.

May 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #10 of 65
Carl Sagan said it best: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

I'm betting it's a load of you-know-what. Not that I believe that there aren't ET's, I'm just skeptical that this is what it's claimed to be.

May 30, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 65
Why does it worry me that the Colorado film guy uses the word 'freakin'?

Doesn't sound too dispassionate, coolly rational or scientific to me.

The alien was just dogging...all the way from galactic central and couldn't find a car park.

May 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 65
If someone finds a link to the actual video, please post it here. Cheers.

May 30, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #15 of 65
Well, there goes the ball game. It's back to the mother ship for me and my green, bugeyed friends. And I never even got to hear a Zana Deux.

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back