Alessanro MS-1, worth it?
Apr 21, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_arun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the MS1's and the only thing I might upgrade to is RS1.
They are the ONLY headphones I have heard that give a perfect balance of detail and warmth.
Btw, I like the 414 pads NOT reversed, but still quarter modded. Unfortunately you have to sacrifice comfort for sound quality in this case, because they hurt your ear tips after extended listening sessions. I think it's worth it though.

The MS-1 does have a sound signature that is very close to the SR-225. The latter has a little bit more extension in the highs, the differences in the bass are even smaller. For USD 99 the MS-1 is a steal.

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 40
Hm this website is dodgy. They need the 3 digit verification code (understandable), and want me to use an email to send it? Doesn't sound very secure. The order form doesn't even have a space for this code.

Has anybody done this?

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #33 of 40
bump
frown.gif

May 12, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #37 of 40
Love the MS-1 have had it for a little while now, couldn't be happier, the only thing is I start thinking "if they are this good than the MS-2 must be even better", must..........fight...........urge to upgrade
frown.gif

May 12, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #38 of 40
Hope I'm not thread-jacking here, but I suppose the answer to this question could be beneficial to the OP and others considering some MS1s:

How do these 'phones compare to other Grados, specifically, SR-60s, and SR-250s. I'm really interested in hearing that famous Grado house sound, I'm just not sure which can I want.

Thanks in advance and, again, I hope I'm not jacking this thread.

EDIT: I just found the following thread to answer my own question:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/pic...ro-ms1-309531/

May 12, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #39 of 40
I think the MS1 is definitely worth buying, especially if you live outside the U.S.A. Out of the comfies/414 pads/TTVJ flat pads I tried I liked the flat pads the most since they give a clearer sound with a less muddy bass. Though I wonder how the flats compare to a reverse modded 414 pad, I guess it's pretty similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back