Alessandro Music Series One "2009 improved version" question
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #136 of 162
I ordered the MS-1 on the 22nd July and recieived a confirmation email the same day. My credit card was charged (and shipped I asked if it was possible to change the delivery address) on the 24th July and received them today, the 31st. I managed to avoid the import tax also. I'm in manchester, UK.

All I can say after 4 songs into listening is WOW, best listening experience ever.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #137 of 162
Quote:

I ordered the MS-1 on the 22nd July and recieived a confirmation email the same day. My credit card was charged (and shipped I asked if it was possible to change the delivery address) on the 24th July and received them today, the 31st. I managed to avoid the import tax also. I'm in manchester, UK.

All I can say after 4 songs into listening is WOW, best listening experience ever.

Well that sounds great. I ordered mine the 23rd so I must be getting them tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
(hopefully)

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #138 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by yimrsg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered mine the 21st and got them yesterday too, they spent ages in customs I think. I got hit for £17 vat and handling charge unfortunately (still a bargain though), how come yours weren't taxed, did they mark the price down ?

I haven't tried mine yet will be doing so today

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #139 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by garlleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine the 21st and got them yesterday too, they spent ages in customs I think. I got hit for £17 vat and handling charge unfortunately (still a bargain though), how come yours weren't taxed, did they mark the price down ?

I haven't tried mine yet will be doing so today

I've not a clue why I managed to avoid the charge, could just be blind luck going through the sorting office. Its still a great price even if you do get caught with the VAT. Coming from skullcandy gi's (what was i thinking!) the difference is only huge, so much more comfortable, and every song on my ipod feels like half a star better.

Only problem is now i'm looking at getting another amp as I don't feel my fiio E5 does them justice! Liking the mockup of the E7 alot. Oh and I want to get some 414 pads and do a reverse quarter mod and maybe look into getting material for the MS-1000's.....

Dam you head-fi for making me an addict!

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #140 of 162
I've just been giving them a listen and wow...its exactly what I was looking for. Its like a bit punchier more rounded version of my triple fi pros, they are so well balanced, very pleased with them and only listened to a few songs. Much better to me than the ad700 I returned,

yimrsg, it does sound just like blind luck, and they are still a huge bargain at about £85 for me. Regarding amps I've got a pa2v2 amp here that i've read is meant to go very well with grado/alessandro cans and is quite popular, charging the batteries for it at the moment as it was distorted when I tried to use it with the ms1s before, but i'll see how it does later.

and that MS-1000i mod does sound very interesting...

Edit: just wanted to add, how suprisingly comfortable they are, after hearing so much about potential comfort issues I didn't know what to think, but for me they're all round more comfortable than the ath-ad700.

Aug 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #142 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by yimrsg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also read they were uncomfortable and saw that someone added a beyer headband to it, all I can say is some people must have very soft heads!
link here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gra...ad-mod-239946/

I'll probably hold off till the E7 comes out and see how people rate it. I've read good things about the pa2v2 amp so will keep that in mind when I do make a choice.

Happy listening.

I bought a beyer headband for mine, and I actually sold it after trying it for only like 2 minutes because I thought it was much more comfortable without it. A little extra padding like with the higher-end grados probably wouldn't hurt, but the basic headband is really not bad as it is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #143 of 162
Got mine today! Finally! What a wait,11 days. Completely worth it. Haven't had time to try them very much but they sound great so far.

And as some of you posted earlier, I am surprised by the comfort as well. Considering some statements about horrible comfort I've read, they are much more comfortable than I suspected. Ofcoarse this is personal though.

I guess now the modding procedure starts
L3000.gif
nah I think I will lay low and listen a little more first, although the 414 mod seems tempting
atsmile.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #145 of 162
Finally got an email today telling me that they will ship tomorrow. 36 days after I ordered and I still have to wait for them to actually get delivered.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #147 of 162
So they finally shipped my order(after 36 days) but somehow managed to charge me twice for the headphones. I sent them an email and got the reply below. It seems like they are really trying hard to make me regret this.

Quote:

Our shipping department is closed until next week for holiday. We will check into it then.

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #148 of 162
I actually received two order confirmations when i bought my MS1:s so I mailed them to confirm they would only process 1 order.

On the other hand I didn't get an email to confirm that they had shipped the phones.

Frankly, they don't seem to have the best service available. Although I'm very satisfied with my MS1i.

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #149 of 162
Hello!

I ordered MS1i yesterday. Planning to drive it with Caiman off my laptop. Eagerly awaiting the delivery now :)

Is it possible to put GS1000 jumbo pads on the stock MS1i with out any physical modifications?

Best regards.

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #150 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by dishkyun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

I ordered MS1i yesterday. Planning to drive it with Caiman off my laptop. Eagerly awaiting the delivery now :)

Is it possible to put GS1000 jumbo pads on the stock MS1i with out any physical modifications?

Best regards.

Yes, the GS1k pads will fit...but the pads cost almost half of what you paid for the MS1is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back